Working in Light or Dark?

• Thread starter Smizouse
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
Smizouse

Smizouse

Is it true that I should do all topping, defoliation, or training in darkness with green LED headlamps? This is my first grow indoors. I tried the outdoor growing the last couple years just to be discouraged and disappointed with my lack of knowledge and frustration finding answers. I went all out buying the best system I could to give me as much advantage I could get being a novice wanna be expert. My question today is, does it really matter if you do all these things needed in the dark (really sucks). I am thinking they are really strong during the light period and obviously sleeping in the dark, noticing the leaves relaxing big time. I have the lights on timer at 18/6 (4:20am to 10:20pm). I really don't want to make any stupid mistakes. I'm going to make mistakes, just don't want to! LOL With all the pics, and video's I've watched I noticed they were all doing it in the light, maybe for the camera? Does it matter???? Thanks for input...

Anthem

Anthem

Is it true that I should do all topping, defoliation, or training in darkness with green LED headlamps? This is my first grow indoors. I tried the outdoor growing the last couple years just to be discouraged and disappointed with my lack of knowledge and frustration finding answers. I went all out buying the best system I could to give me as much advantage I could get being a novice wanna be expert. My question today is, does it really matter if you do all these things needed in the dark (really sucks). I am thinking they are really strong during the light period and obviously sleeping in the dark, noticing the leaves relaxing big time. I have the lights on timer at 18/6 (4:20am to 10:20pm). I really don't want to make any stupid mistakes. I'm going to make mistakes, just don't want to! LOL With all the pics, and video's I've watched I noticed they were all doing it in the light, maybe for the camera? Does it matter???? Thanks for input...
If possible you should limit time in the grow room with lights out. If you have to go into the room with lights out, use the green LED. It is best to stay completely out of the room with lights out once you reach 12/12 flower period. You will hear different options but this works for me.

Enforcer

Enforcer

This is not a thing. The only reason to use a green light, is if you NEED to do something during the dark cycle, you won’t interrupt the photoperiod of flowering plants by turning on the lights. There is no need to use a green light during veg. Just turn on the lights if you need to see.

Latest posts

Top Bottom