World 2010 Guerilla Grow Show & Think Tank

• Thread starter Tobor the 8th Man
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
M

mc1969

The Oklahoma Bureau of Narcotics and Dangerous Drugs seized more than $6 million of marijuana growing during a week-long eradication mission.

The figure was released at a presentation for lawmakers and civic leaders Thursday at Regional Airport.

“This today is so much more than an eradication program,” OBN Director Darrell Weaver said. “This today is about education.”

Community leaders and police must work with the public to tackle the drug problem, Weaver said.

He explained several of OBN’s operations, including undercover operations, wiretaps, the Prescription Monitoring Program and the Pseudoephedrine Tracking Program.

The Pseudoephedrine Tracking Program is a state registry of who buys pseudoephedrine, a key ingredient in methamphetamine. A person can buy a maximum of 9 grams of the over-the-counter medicine each month. Starting Nov. 1, OBN will maintain a database of Oklahomans with meth charges, and they won’t be allowed to buy pseudoephedrine at all, Weaver said.

After the presentation, participants were given a run-down of a narcotics officer’s equipment and got to touch and smell confiscated marijuana.

Several later took helicopter rides to see what marijuana looks like from above. Weaver said some agents can spot a single marijuana plant from 1,000 feet.

OBN agents pointed out pockets of wild marijuana growing along a creek . To the untrained observer, the plants looked like bushes. Agents planned to spray Round-Up and remove the plants later in the day.

OBN used helicopters to target different areas of Oklahoma for a week each this summer to find marijuana. Around the state, the mission led to the destruction of 13,296 plants, valued at $19.9 million, and nine arrests.

OBN agents spray marijuana with weed killer or uproot and burn it. The spray has a red dye and isn’t harmful if a person were to smoke treated plants, Woodward said been lucky so far...... dont you love how the cock suckers lump us in with the meth heads..

Z

zappafan99

^^^^It would take around two generations to die out for any of us legal or not to have the public not look at us as criminals. This is after complete legalization across the board. I am at peace with that now. I just don't really care about it for me (except behind bars looking out). I just hate that others, esp. the sick, have to be stigmatized. We all feel guilty and ashamed at times because of this and that is a shame.

Tobor the 8th Man

Tobor the 8th Man

Supporter
Several later took helicopter rides to see what marijuana looks like from above. Weaver said some agents can spot a single marijuana plant from 1,000 feet.

OBN agents pointed out pockets of wild marijuana growing along a creek . To the untrained observer, the plants looked like bushes. Agents planned to spray Round-Up and remove the plants later in the day.

Well there goes my theory about the creeks being safe. They probably read this thread to learn stuff. They ain't going to find them though.

They did find 40 plants in the corn around here right behind a popular pancake house. The foolish growers planted them right in the middle and cleared a lot of corn. i guess people smelled it coming out from breakfast and someone called the cops. They smelled it too and called in the choppers. Then it was easy to find. They would have found it anyways probably because they have been out flying all over the cornfields around here.

It sucks that they waste all that gas money and manpower looking for weed.

I also agree it stinks that they clump pot growers in with meth users and makers.

B

bob.fn.seger

1st outdoor grow

well i went out to see my ladies today only to find that something has been munchin on em pretty good. i had sprayed them down with some Safer brand 3-in-1 pest spray 6 days before but it's worse now than it was last week. if anyone has some tips for me to try they would be greatly appreciated. also my strawberry haze haze been growing one leaf sets. well not sets cause there is only one leaf but anyway. what's up with that?

IMG 0028
IMG 0032
IMG 0033
IMG 0042
IMG 0027
IMG 0029
IMG 0025
IMG 0031
IMG 0037
IMG 0039
Tobor the 8th Man

Tobor the 8th Man

Supporter
You have some holes which could be flea beetles, Japanese beetles or a couple other things. They woun't stop a plant unless they get every leaf.

The missing sections of leaf looks like caterpillar munching. They can be a problem if you get multiple ones. Look for a big furry caterpillar on the undersides of the leaves. They are sneaky little cliff hangers.

I hand pick those bad boys off. I also spray with Spectracide Immunox every two weeks or so. It works systemically. Once buds start and September rolls around the bugs will slow down. Then you have to prevent mold and the spectracide works for that too.

The one leaf plants were probably ones that started to flower and are now revegging. They get confused. They can start to flower and can turn out fine. They can also be stunted and not really develop the buddage they would ordinarily have. But you will still get some buds. Time will tell on those.

Your outdoor is doing good though and you will have a good harvest. Things will be stretching soon and getting bigger.

wiggles

wiggles

this is my AMS shes 4 months old and six foot somthin, i live in wales in the uk, its starting to get purple growth and smells great, any advise on the strain would be great :):harvest:

Roll it up 1
Roll it up 2
Roll it up 3
Roll it up 4
Roll it up 6
Roll it up 5
Roll it u p7
Roll it up 8
B

bob.fn.seger

Thanks 8man. i'm goin out today to get some Spectracide. i was tryin to go all organic but i gotta get these suckers under control. i'd rather sacrifice not being completely organic than all that i have put in so far go to waste. i havn't seen any big 'pillars but i have seen a few really small green ones. which i pick off and kill but they are so small and blend in with the leaves that i dont think i would be able to find them all. plus i can only go out to my garden about once a week so the spectracide is gonna be my best bet sounds like. they all are budding now. the calyxes are already covered in trichs and i already pollinated them so now i'm just playing maintenance man.

Z

zappafan99

How late into budding will you spray with the Immunox?
I'm thinking you mentioned 325 mill. aspirin per gal. of water for general health. You doing that outdoors...seems any easy additive on the go?
I'm in the southeast 50-60% humidity in general, this yr almost 70% average(same as Miami with less intense heat). Most of my strains are early finishers so it will still be hot and humid during most harvesting. Any hints to fight off mold starting now/soon after bud growth before bud mold can get a hold? You can walk around everywhere here and see pm on many different plants all the growing season. Strains: Easy Sativa, AK47 autos, AMS (hopefully anti mold), NYCD auto (has been a bitch the entire time compared to other strains in general),White Dwarf, G13/Haze.

B

bob.fn.seger

8man, i checked out the spectracide and the dude at the store told me that it was not meant for use on anything that was to be consumed. so just to be safe i got some dragoon dust with copper. it says its safe for tomatoes and veggies so should be safe for cannabis right?

Tobor the 8th Man

Tobor the 8th Man

Supporter
I use the aspirin water all grow. I also use green cure and if needed they both can be used during flowering. I don't normally use the Spectracide on all my plants especially during the last few weeks of flowering. However, it can be used on fruit trees, corn, wheat and oats up to 2 weeks before harvest. It works systemically after it is absorbed by the plant. It only lasts 2 weeks.

I have had the type of fungus that bob fn. has. It is a stubborn troublesome one. If I have 50 plants out I only get it on 1 or 2 plants. Nobody online ever knows what this one is. It is NOT a sooty mold that everyone thinks it is. I never could get rid of it with aspirin water, green cure or seranade. I would just cut the plants down after failing to control it. It eventually goes to every growing tip and involves all the leaves.

I then tried Spectacide Immunox Plus and it knocked it back. Then I repeated in 2 weeks. In between I gave a couple sprays of green cure. It cured it and it was completely gone. So this year as soon as I saw it I knew what it was and used Spectracide.

The aspirin water to really work has to be reapplied during bud formation. It also works better if you give it to them when they are seedlings and young clones because it boost the immunity system to fight mold. I was more directed at the hideous grey mold when the buds are thick. Not this particular mold. Because like I said I have never seen this one written up or identified by anyone. It doesn't alarm you at first because it looks like the plants are just getting some purple color in the new growth. Nobody minds a little purple. But it gets worse and is a mold/fungus of some type.

It isn't a sooty mold, doesn't wipe off, doesn't really make the plant rot and if buds form they don't get mushy. They actually form but look black and purple and don't dense up as much.

Spectracide is not organic but it is a widely used chemical mix. It is Myclobutanil - 0.012% Permethrin 0.020% and 99% filler stuff like water. When you look at the hazzard lists yes it is a hazzard but it is realatively weak toxicity in humans. It only lasts 2 weeks too so you can stop using it well before harvest. It does not have a specific warning like Dragoon Dust with copper which right on the label says harmful if swallowed or inhaled.

I didn't like the idea of copper for some reason even before reading that. I felt the Spectracide was the less of the evils I knew I had to use to stop this purple/black mold. I do fully understand how other people use the copper spay and don't like the idea of Spectracide.

I am interested to see if dragoon Stuff can stop this mold/fungus though. This one popped up for me for years and cost me a plant or 2 every season because after the first year of not being able to stop it I pulled the plants as soon as i seen it.

Z

zappafan99

Thanks Tobor, very quick with the responses. Payroll is issuing your check as you read this. 35 degress north and starting to get little bud sites on my 2 month old 5 foot Easy Sativas. Autos are on course and all but the NYCD Ryder are going along well. Autos will be dropped next yr, not worth the effort.

Tobor the 8th Man

Tobor the 8th Man

Supporter
I get paid?? woohoo!!!

I gave up the autos too zappa. I had some that people talked highly of but they didn't produce much and they were low to the ground, got dirty when it rained. They also had mold problems even in July and August because they were so low they didn't get much air flow.

In the right circumstances and area they might be great for some. Especially if you could pot them and be up higher and spread some straw or something to protect from the ground.

Glad to hear everything else is doing well though.

B

bob.fn.seger

FuNgUs?

Whoa Tobor, i didnt know that i had a fungus. i knew that i had some bug prob but what in the pics looked like i had a fungus? this is my first grow so any help could save me come fall.:harvest:

B

bob.fn.seger

Sorry, i see now that you meant wiggles. Also, i know i don't know you from adam but i trust your advise more than the kid at big brand hardware store. Yeah and i totally understand what you meant about just ending use before harvest. Thank you very much for replying so quickly by the way. I never gave any info on what i had out other than they had bugs. The two in the pic together are Nirvana's Blue Mystic and are both right above 3' and four months old from seed. and the shorter one leafing plant is two month old Strawberry Haze from clone that's only about two feet tall but bushy.
AMS, i have heard reviews of AMS molding easily in any kind of wetter climate. i dont know about wales but my three years living in england was the wettest ive ever been.

Tobor the 8th Man

Tobor the 8th Man

Supporter
Sorry for the confusion. It isn't even wiggles. LOL! He said his were purpling. I have a thread on the mold I had if you are interested. There was another guy I was on another thread with that had it. Sorry you just had the bug problems. I use the spectracide on the caterpillars if they are a big problem or if I can't find them on the plant to pick off. They can eat a lot of leaf.

Didn't mean to freak you out bob. Ooops! LOL!

I smoke to much. I get sidetracked and confused.

K

KosSio28

hi all

Great tread brother for outdoors i am hapy to say that maryjuana on the whole world flowering and after month-two we have a beautiful flowers

IMG_05674.JPG

Tobor the 8th Man

Tobor the 8th Man

Supporter
Welcome Kos. Koz has some damn nice outdoor skills and strains. Another of the mighty fine outdoor growers we have around the would.

Looks like we are gonna get some rain here today. That would be nice.

Tobor the 8th Man

Tobor the 8th Man

Supporter
Here are a few pics from when I was out looking at the ones in pots. Pots are a pain when it has been dry. Some have started to stretch.

DSCN0807
DSCN0808
DSCN0809
Tobor the 8th Man

Tobor the 8th Man

Supporter
These are the late seedling starts. The Tangerine urprise and SD x Tangerine Tar. Thes things were super vigorous and shot to almost 4 feet tall. They had not sexed yet either. So I supercropped them about a week ago. Some males did show and I removed them. They look like spiders in a tote now but they are growing.

DSCN0810
DSCN0811
Top Bottom