World changing technology enables crops to take nitrogen from the air

• Thread starter Natural
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
altitudefarmer

altitudefarmer

It's called azobacter and it's been doing this for longer than humans have been around...
Azos by xtreme gardening is this stuff; works great; especially when cloning.
Sounds like someone is about to push a 'new' product.

Azobacter is found in almost all 'green manure' (plant matter, NOT shit) compost, it's free with a little patience and planning.

Natural

Natural

Phys.Org is pretty much a scince/green tech blog site. I would imagine advertisement funds find their way into hands..lol..anything is possible. I did find this at the end of the artice.."Peter Blezard, CEO of Azotic."
I think the prob has been that the bacteria sometimes leave the host plant..do not join at a celluar leveI...all based on genotypes. This new one, Gluconacetobacter diazotrophicus is supposed to have been discovered back in the 80's I think. I'll spend some time looking it up later..don't know much right now..but I did find found most of the names of Nitrogen fixers from a blogger..
nitrogen-fixing bacteria (diazotrophs) :Azospirillum, Klebsiella, Pantoea, Herbaspirillum, Bacillus, Rhizobium etli and Burkholderia.

Maybe they're findin it's good across the board moreso than others..def wanna find out...but hey it's organic..non gmo type of green tech..so a good thing.

Seamaiden

Seamaiden

Living dead girl
Not all plants will host nitrogen-fixing microbes, E.G. Brassicas. If this bacteria can colonize ALL major crops, that's a huge thing.

Capulator

Capulator

likes to smell trees.
Supporter
Check out this study in the attached pdf. Notice that the best results came from a combination of the bacteria and IAA. The sugar cane N fixer seems to perform best on grasses, and colonizes plant roots, but also has been found on coffee and tea, and potatoes.

FWIW OgBioWar nute pack has a shitload of azospirillum (5 billion spores per gram compared to Azos 1 million)...

View attachment 35-277-2-PB.pdf
Natural

Natural

I'm confused didn't they choose Gluconacetobacter because it was an endophytic diazotroph?
I need more info..could be a good bacterium to consider. They mention tomatoes..which plant would laterally be comparable to cannabis?

Confuten1

Confuten1

exploitin strengths - perfectin weaknessess
Supporter
i was reading about this last night. pretty awesome!
confu.

Capulator

Capulator

likes to smell trees.
Supporter
I'm confused didn't they choose Gluconacetobacter because it was an endophytic diazotroph?
I need more info..could be a good bacterium to consider. They mention tomatoes..which plant would laterally be comparable to cannabis?

hops is comparable to cannabis as they are in the same family.

SunGrown

SunGrown

this is cool, but it has been studied for a long time.

From encyclopedia britannica:

nitrogen-fixing bacteria, microorganisms capable of transforming atmospheric nitrogen into fixed nitrogen, inorganic compounds usable by plants. More than 90 percent of all nitrogen fixation is effected by them.

Two kinds of nitrogen fixers are recognized: free-living (non-symbiotic) bacteria, including the cyanobacteria (or blue-green algae) Anabaena and Nostoc and such genera as Azotobacter, Beijerinckia, and Clostridium; and mutualistic (symbiotic) bacteria such as Rhizobium, associated with leguminous plants, and Spirillum lipoferum, associated with cereal grasses.

Thanks for sharing the news link.

Top Bottom