Worm farm

• Thread starter Incredi Nugs
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
I

Incredi Nugs

I am getting intoa composing worm farm. I am looking forward to having Fresh worm castings as well as the tea. Now I'm sure a lot of others do this as well, however I'm looking for real world feed back. I am dedicated to organic, we make our own FPE, EM1 ect. I'm curious as to how "hot" the fresh worm castings and tea will be. Any recomendations as to using it with out it being too much?.

Smoke........and smoke some more!

G

GirlCarny

We've had a large worm bin for a while now. Never had a problem with the castings being to hot. In the summer we tend to get fruit flys and sometimes springtails so I put the castings on a screen and let them dry for a day or two before mixing it into the soil.

The teas/leachate is supposedly to hot for direct use. Honestly though I dont use the teas on any of my indoor plants. Mine anyway tend to be very anaerobic and have a strong ammonia smell. If you do use the teas, you are supposed to cut it with 50% water.

Dont get discouraged though, it takes a bit to figure out how wet/dry the bin should be. Once you get the moisture levels right in the bin you will be amazed at how much they can compost and how fast the worms reproduce
GC

RIPP

RIPP

Welcome to thcfarmer

Check this out Worm farm mainteinance

The Two Golden Rules Of a Worm Farmer

Cheers

caregiverken

caregiverken

Fear Not!
Supporter
Great Info Ripp!