WORMS- Diatinatious Earth? Leaf eaters BUD Killers

• Thread starter gaswar04
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
gaswar04

gaswar04

Hello,
Has anyone :D ever used Diatinatious earth as a repllant to kill the WORMS and other pests?
Thanks

BudderBreakfast

BudderBreakfast

dipel powder or get a liquid bacillus thuringiensis

WalterWhiteFire

WalterWhiteFire

Worms are good to have in your soil!!! They are adding oxygen and worm castings to your soil as well as eating the rotting stuff in your root zone. Arated compost teas full of beneficial fungi and bacteria once a week will keep the bad stuff out and the good stuff in.

BudderBreakfast

BudderBreakfast

hmm i wonder if he meant red wigglers or the damn budworms that eat your buds and shit all over causing fungus to grow. i wonder if these guys eat the malicious worms. i put these eggs out in february and its awesome to see how big they have gotten

IMG 8428
K

kolah

what type of worms you talking about ?

budderbreakfast..where did ya get the praying mantis eggs from?

BudderBreakfast

BudderBreakfast

ebay has some great deals also some different species, like the chinese mantis, the european mantis you could really choose the best for your area and establish a long lasting colony.

vaporedout

vaporedout

interesting..... different styles of mantis. i had a colony hatch this year and ive been watching those lil guys grow. i think your talking about cutworms. theyre green/brown and hide in your buds and eat the stem under them. then the dried bud falls off. i have had that prob and read about DE, havent tried it but ive read cornmeal will bloat those caterpillars and kill them so sprinkle it around your grow.

BudderBreakfast

BudderBreakfast

really.....but do they ever even go on the soil or are they laid by moths directly on the buds then they hatch and start eating...need to research their lifecycle more

BudderBreakfast

BudderBreakfast

i put d.e. in my soil mix and i use it to coat my dogs occasionally get rid of any fleas/tics should do it more often though

vaporedout

vaporedout

i thought it was moths laying them but i read that cutworms go into the soil at daytime then emerge at night to fuck yo shit up.... im in veg and am seeing some holes being drilled into my fans. ive laid out cornmeal and it has def slowed down the damage if not stopped it so far. heres hoping!

BudderBreakfast

BudderBreakfast

damn interesting im gonna throw out some beneficial nematodes....let me know how the cornmeal works out thats a nice orgnic solution as well... harvested a couple early cuz of the worms and got a lot more still out there....my chickens really love them.

bongstar

bongstar

In my personal experiance, i use diamond lath on the outside of my grow room, it allows aenough sun in but is small enough to keep out butterflies and moths and such. ive had whole crops munched on and destroyed, once i put the lath on ive ran one crop and didnt have one worm. its better to be proactive than reactive. Again there might be differant kinds of worms but where i live in So Cal the diamond lath works perfect, well worth the investment.

Latest posts

Top Bottom