worms on leaves in veg ?

• Thread starter caregiverken
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
T

tomsawyer

Try Azamax/Azatrol. Spray and water into soil. Also for thrips, they are born in the soil and crawl up the stalk. I have used Tanglefoot around the base of the plant and this prevents them from climbing up to the leaves. Works great. Thrips are No problem, homie, just keep treating and they will die. I have had them lots of times. THey can even keep away the mites.

growuphydro

growuphydro

Im kinda embaroused to show this..Cause I should have done something sooner. :oops:

these are in our Computer room...we do get mites in there

Just looked though the loupe, expecting I would see mites..
and saw this :confused:
top of the leaf
View attachment 208324

here is one of the worst infected plants :(

View attachment 208323

Other plants have tiny white spots...not rustyspots like with mites

I have mighty wash and neem.. guess I will try one of those for now..

Your advice is greatly appreciated :)
I do believe that u have a bad infestation of thrip. The black dots and eaten out leaves are an indicator. Those are nymphs. They are will turn brown and black and start flying. The infestation can causes sugar leaves to turn speckled and be hard to cut out of bud. They don't usually kill a plant, but they make end product ugly. Egg are laid in leaves. the black specks are crap. They hatch and head into the soil and re-emerge as adults. They don't usually go into diapause because of the lights. "skink" spray or malathion work. careful with both. botinguard can help in the soil and as a spray.

caregiverken

caregiverken

Fear Not!
Supporter
Thanks Hydro. Now I gotta update this thread cause you had to go and Bump it...lol :p

I took lots of damaged leaves off. and I have sprayed every plant I have twice with Spinosad,(3 days apart)
Plenty dripped into the soil
and will spray them again tomorrow with Mightywash.
Took lots of plants outside to harden off.
I cleaned house..Now I have all the small plants in one clean room ;)
under a 450MH 12 on..5 1/2 off...1 on...5 1/2 off
Growroom4 15

the big ones in back are males
I hung that dumb Space blanket I found in a 1st aid kit..Is that gonna be ok?

Chobble

Chobble

Thanks Hydro. Now I gotta update this thread cause you had to go and Bump it...lol :p

I took lots of damaged leaves off. and I have sprayed every plant I have twice with Spinosad,(3 days apart)
Plenty dripped into the soil
and will spray them again tomorrow with Mightywash.
Took lots of plants outside to harden off.
I cleaned house..Now I have all the small plants in one clean room ;)
under a 450MH 12 on..5 1/2 off...1 on...5 1/2 off
View attachment 209866
the big ones in back are males
I hung that dumb Space blanket I found in a 1st aid kit..Is that gonna be ok?

Good move with the Space Blanket ;) I've always thought about doing that. It should be completely fine and should give you a few more lumens from your lights.

Do you think that adjusted light schedule is helping out your grow?

Chobble

caregiverken

caregiverken

Fear Not!
Supporter
Good move with the Space Blanket ;) I've always thought about doing that. It should be completely fine and should give you a few more lumens from your lights.

Do you think that adjusted light schedule is helping out your grow?

Chobble

Cool Thanks Chobble ")

I Just set the Timer today...So I dunno :D
But I think it might help the transition to 14 hour days outside in a few weeks ;)
And Im doing it outsde already...with the sun and nite lights..:)

growuphydro

growuphydro

OH Crap. I didn't mean to "Bump it". New at this. Thrip are bastards. Spinosad has a long residue. Not a contact. It is a systemic. Hard to get a hold of. They are hard on young plants. The blanket is good if the light is not to low to cause burn from direct light reflection. always spray on lights off. Slow down evaporation of systemics. It can be drench but only in extreme cases.

caregiverken

caregiverken

Fear Not!
Supporter
lol...No problem Hydro..I was just playin...Really good info...Thanks again
Yeah I always spray with the lites off.;)
But I didn't know that spinosad could be hard on young plants:confused:
Until I had thrips, I just used spinosad for bud worms.

I have used MightyWash on very young plants...No problems...works great.
does leave a shine on the leaves..

growuphydro

growuphydro

ohhhh. If it leaves a shine, make sure it is not oil based. Plugs up stomata. I see some distortion. I mixed up spinosad with something else. Spinosad is fermented. It is a contact. Sorry. I like u, ur cool. Thinning of leaves and watch outside edge of the leaf. Is there a discoloration and slight curl. Most of the stomata are in the outside of the leaf. thanks

caregiverken

caregiverken

Fear Not!
Supporter
Thanks Hyydro.. Your pretty cool too. :)

Most folks that grow weed are cool.
Mater of fact.... all the growers I have met have been Good People...:D

Latest posts

Top Bottom