worms

• Thread starter vaporedout
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
vaporedout

vaporedout

so i started from seed, in solo cups. happy frog soil, plants are doing great, looking green, windowsill vegging, put the plants outside sometimes for about 6 hours when it was real sunny. so i was up poting them into 1 gal pots and i found on 3 of the 12 plants, clear skinny worms in the roots/soil. at first i thought my roots were moving from just coming outta the cups but at closer look it was little worms. they moved like worms, wriggling and such, but they all went inside the soil after about 30 seconds. i put the rootball back in the cup and checked the rest. after about 5 mins i went back to those 3 and pulled em out of the cup for some pics and nothing.... couldnt find a one... any ideas, looked up on google some pics of worm type bugs and found baby earthworms to look almost exactly like what i had. any ideas??

sorry no pics

hiboy

hiboy

No matter what they are they are def. not good. Get gnatrol. Kills all larvae like your seeing (hopefully) Simple to use. Gnats hate it too.
hiboy

sealed138

sealed138

First Starfighter
Supporter
Could be root aphids. Spectracide will nuke all eggs and larvae. If it is root aphids youll want to get rid of them early or start over!

L

LONG_BUD

hey man!
last year I had rootworms that sucks a whole bunch... this is what they looked like...

CRWlarvaeFinger72.jpg

vaporedout

vaporedout

man those are so close except there was no black parts.... all white, coulda been babies i guess...

M

MIway

Great pic above... the fungus gnat larvae have a distinct black head, but it's only on the one side of larvae...

Seamaiden

Seamaiden

Living dead girl
I just found a bunch of tiny worms in my new batch of soil after it's been out for a while. Better NOT be root aphid larvae! I used 10x loupe to look at them and I could see soil particles in their guts, and they didn't have the little black heads that larvae often show, so I landed on not killing them and hoping they're baby earthworms.

Both ends rather pointed, obviously segmented with a slightly thicker area around what might be called the thorax, almost clear and filled with soil. <fingers crossed> They looked an awful lot like these.

http://www.worms4earth.com/images/baby-euros-1a.jpg

vaporedout

vaporedout

F'in dead on!!! its the same thing, when i was looking at them they looked like they had a lil racing stripe of soil, but it wouldnt smear off..... i feed my fish tube flex worms and these worms in my soil moved similar to those, making me question baby earthworms as well.... now about the soil, its been in my garage on a workbench. maybe it came with it. thanks SM now i dont feel too bad. fingers will be crossed as well

vaporedout

vaporedout

angels...... but their anything but, always bumpin each other, I normally dont name my fish but the white one i named Brock, after UFC's brock lesnar, cuz hes the dominate fish in the tank..... all the girl angels take turns "hanging" with him.

Angels 1
Angels
Seamaiden

Seamaiden

Living dead girl
Angel fish are cichlids, and cichlids are the baddest assest little motherest fuckerest motherfuckers there are (of fish). Everyone's afraid of sharks when they should be glad that fish like damsels, and their freshwater relatives, cichlids, remain so small.

They look very healthy! You can also feed them mosquito larvae (give 'em the live ones and watch them go nucking futz), daphnia, almost any bug that's small enough to fit in their mouths and as long as it hasn't been exposed to pesticides it would be all good.

M

Mmmmasonite

Probably fungus gnat larvae........Azamax works well against them....Couple drenches a week.....Peace

Seamaiden

Seamaiden

Living dead girl
Dude, those look nothing like fungus gnat larvae. Baby worms, FTW! Baby worms.

Top Bottom