Worried About Lighting

• Thread starter wunluv999
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
wunluv999

wunluv999

This is my grow space for the sproutling/early veg stage. I'm worried about the lighting being too strong for this small of a space. The light is 1200w. The sproutlings are doing great, just feel like the light might be overboard. But it's the only grow light I have, do you think it should work okay?

Worried about lighting
Worried about lighting 2
Deadstill

Deadstill

I'm from the government, and I'm here to help.
Supporter
You're fine. Does your light have any dimming features? Or how about Veg / bloom switches like some of the MARS lights?

Looks like a decent light, just pay attention to how close the canopy gets to it. Follow manufacturer recommendations for light distance from canopy. Usually 18 to 24 inches for most LED lights. I highly doubt you will have any bleaching issues with just one light as long as you keep it distanced from the canopy properly.

Good luck, partner! And welcome to the Farm! 🤠

Nugg

Nugg

Depends on the true wattage..it's not 1000watts...but may want to start at 30+"

MarsHydroLED

MarsHydroLED

Premium Member
Supporter
The light actual watt is not 1200w. How many inches from the canopy? At least keep 24'' at early veg

wunluv999

wunluv999

The light actual watt is not 1200w. How many inches from the canopy? At least keep 24'' at early veg
I measured and my max height for the light is 22 inches , could make it 26-30 with some fairly easy construction

Top Bottom