Worried she is not growing at full potential!!!

• Thread starter Valenjulio
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
V

Valenjulio

So definitely for my next grow I will adjust my watering habits and buy better soil. I didn’t know miracle grow was harmful that much for my baby girl.

TSD

TSD

Also, PH isn't as big of a deal in soil unless your water is severely out of range, because it naturally buffers, it's important in coco. If you're going to attempt organic, phing is actually harmful to microbes and such... but you're not doing organic currently.

TSD

TSD

should I cut her in April or maybe later ?
Go by how she looks, April is a long ways off. You want the white hairs to be mostly if not all red/ brown and curling inward... unless it's a strain that retains white pistils. You can also look at trichomes, but that's tricky at first. You want the trichomes on the buds, not leaves to be milky, and a few amber, they should be clear now if you want to look, you'll need a jewlers loupe or camera that can magnify well. I'd say probably another month-ish, maybe more since your light isn't the most amazing.

V

Valenjulio

Ya I let her dry till she is droopy asf lol just to see if they are gone but I never seen more than 4 gnats I’m pretty good at keeping my area as clean as possible but on my next grow I’m definitely getting a tent to control the environment better.

steamroller

steamroller

I drilled holes in my 5g buckets 1/4, 1/2 and 3/4 up on both sides for my meter.
5g pots aren't always easy to lift..
I use the mosquito bits [ BTI as mentioned ] for gnats, with the yellow traps.
The mosquito bits really work and are safe and easy.They go in the water then soil, never on plant.
It is a bacteria that kills gnats, mosquitos and small bugs safe to birds and fish [I think me too sort of?]

V

Valenjulio

I have a 5 gallon smart pot that I believe is breathable. It’s a fabric pot. I seen so many weed YouTube growers use it so I figured maybe it will be the right pot to use.

Aqua Man

Aqua Man

I drilled holes in my 5g buckets 1/4, 1/2 and 3/4 up on both sides for my meter.
5g pots aren't always easy to lift..
I use the mosquito bits [ BTI as mentioned ] for gnats, with the yellow traps.
The mosquito bits really work and are safe and easy.They go in the water then soil, never on plant.
It is a bacteria that kills gnats, mosquitos and small bugs safe to birds and fish [I think me too sort of?]
Yeah harmless to humans too. Its just a bacteria that the larvae eat and it specially toxic to certain larvae like gnats

V

Valenjulio

I had her in a 3 gallon pot for a while but noticed she stopped growing and got worried she was root bound. So I transplanted her to the 5 gallon. Also the water I buy to drink I believe has a ph level of 6.5 so if the plant can adjust accordingly then my water isn’t the issue of stunt growth I think.

V

Valenjulio

I’m definitely going to buy a seed next time for better quality. Because the seed came in a bag of bud I bought lol so surprised it even grew tbh

M

MasterCookie

Dark leaves.. thin tall stems.. your nutrient ratio is off. Your plant is getting too much phosphorus and it seems like your main source of Nitrogen is in Ammonium form.. more specifically Ammonium Phosphates. The fact that your are using pH up is because you know your soil may be acidic which stems from acidification due to nitrification of the Ammonium to nitrates within the soil.

There isn't much you can do now to stop the stretch. It is best you change you soil recipe for your next grow. Omit the slow release and don't use any fertilizer that is meant for soil. Use hydroponics formulation or use what is meant for cocopeat. If organic well you are at the mercy of your blend. It's all a learning experience.

V

Valenjulio

I really do appreciate your advice. As I stated before I got the seed from my local weed man bag so not to promising lol but still worked. This is my first ever plant so I didn’t know miracle grow was a no no for weed plants. Now I’ll use all natural soil with no slow release fert. Thank you good sir for the response.

V

Valenjulio

I do have a quick question. Are the seeds on this site legit? Cause those are some dam good prices for feminized seeds

V

Valenjulio

I don’t remember the strain I think it was supposed to be head candy. But the buds are forming decently so I’m happy for my first grow.

9B9B532D 53CC 4E79 819F 2EAD63F5EBF1
02887E3C C685 4431 846B BBF2C1D254D4
PpmOver9000

PpmOver9000

I had succe treated them with BTI. Its a natural bacteria larvicide. Can get it in bits or other forms.use with yellow sticky pads to catch the adults

second the BTI, worked wonders for me when i had gnats. also comboed with yellow sticky traps, they all vanished in a few days.

Top Bottom