WORST LUCK EVER!!! (Broad mites) help!!

• Thread starter Nameless_fcuk89
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
QuindariousGooch

QuindariousGooch

Man I’m having sooo many issues this grow and now it’s these broad mites. I never even heard of them before now and apparently there almost impossible to irradicate. I’ve already bought 2 bottles of beneficials and they didn’t do shit. I now bought some sulfur and I’m going to try that but my question is should I just start over and clean everything? I’m still in veg but I already have new genetics on the way. Anybody have any advice on what I should do or have any experience with this pest?
I have eradicated broadmites from 8 grows indoor and controlled them outdoor enough to get to harvest on two farms. We did it with nukem. The trick was to dip the indoor plants completely into the nukem. We sealed the tops of the pots with a cap and flipped them over and dunked them into a kiddie pool once for example. Those damn broadmites curl those leaves up into little tubes that protect them. Spray won't get through it it takes a dunk and some shaking. I'm not saying this is the only way to do it but it worked several times. Seattle went through a broad mite infestation around around 2012 and 13 but I haven't heard anybody having problems since. Most guys rip their grows out and start over but we literally got rid of them completely and the grows ran for months after without recurrence.
I think you could do it with some other pesticide they are susceptible to but the key is the is the immersion and we also added a little detergent to increase application. The outdoor grows I think the soap was critical to success. we had one guy who had tried spraying new come and just added some detergent and seemed to get better results but nothing scientific there. One of these grows was 96 plants and the others were under 50. The 96 plant grow was an absolute bitch if you can imagine and there were a couple of them in the 15 to 20 plant range that weren't so bad to do that with.

The key to killing broadmites is to touch them with whatever the hell you're giving them. The only other way to do it is to use systemic pesticides but then you can't smoke the weed without fucking yourself up. Best of luck on this dude that's a bitch of a problem but you'll be a better grower at the back end of it you'll see. Adversity creates strength

patro46

patro46

Man I’m having sooo many issues this grow and now it’s these broad mites. I never even heard of them before now and apparently there almost impossible to irradicate. I’ve already bought 2 bottles of beneficials and they didn’t do shit. I now bought some sulfur and I’m going to try that but my question is should I just start over and clean everything? I’m still in veg but I already have new genetics on the way. Anybody have any advice on what I should do or have any experience with this pest?

Here is what I have come to know, with a little background.
I THOUGHT being a surviving Oklahoma country boy, I've pretty much seen it all when it came to insects and gardens. I used to laugh when folks talked about getting bugs in the garden. Why? Because, until recently, the worse thing I ever had attack my garden wasn't a bug....it was a herd of whitetail deer that somehow got the hankering for some of my cleverly disguised outdoor garden wares... and became hooked.
Yup. That was the worse thing, maybe next to having my garden removed a good 3 weeks early by a pack a human thieves.....until now. I am now "learned", so if I can save you some heartache, I'm all for it. I wouldn't wish what happened to me to an ex wife, and made even my whitetail deer story pail in comparison. Buckle up. It's a sad story.
When the "boom" opened up in Oklahoma, I was in it to win it, so much so, after looking for suitable grow locations, it was determined we needed to build, not buy. That took right at a solid year or more to construct. We needed clones for a quick start, so I found a backwoods nursery and ended up with a few hundred clones, which were vegged out to around 2 to 2.5 feet before being kicked into flower.
We were a good 5 weeks into flower before we realized we had a problem. We thought deficiency at first, and within a week and when some high powered magnification was used, we were introduced to the insect straight from the depths of hell...The Hemp Mite. We NEEDED this crop, more than most folks might think, and it was ate the f*ck up with an insect I've never seen.
I wont go into all the crazy crap we went through to try to salvage this crop, and at great expense as well, but it gets worse. We decided to battle this nearly invisible foe while in flowering. Mistake number one. Why? Even IF you managed to kill every mite in your garden, their are more eggs burrowed under the stalks of your plants than we have mites, and they are just waiting for their 3 day window to start this nightmare all over again. We brought this nightmare in from what we believe to be clones, though we have no proof.
And it doesn't stop there. We decided to battle them in veg. Another big mistake. Why? Those f*ckers are lurking everywhere, and when they set up camp under the skin of your cherished ladies, your pretty much screwed no matter how much money of fancy insecticide you use. They are like the Energizer Bunny-They keep going and going and going.
So what to do you ask?
Simple. Save yourself miles and miles of heartache, suck it up and pull every last one of them. Then burn them. Yes. With fire. After that, spend a few weeks disinfecting the entire building, inside and out. Then. add an IPM management program, from silly things like air curtains, foot wash stations, alcohol spray down and dedicated shoe ware and everyone wears scrubs to an alternating safe insecticide program.
Sounds like a LOT of trouble for a bug so small it cant be seen with the naked eye huh? Indeed.
Trust me. This tiny critter is the worse thing I have EVER encountered in the garden.
In closing, you can thank the boys in Cali for bringing the minion from hell to Oklahoma. Now it's here and it's taking names. Mine is on the top of the list.
This nightmare followed us through 3 grows, and cost a business wide breakup of the company, driving us broke.
Good luck in your decision.

Last edited:
Nameless_fcuk89

Nameless_fcuk89

My bad guys II been cray busy and just now got a chance to check the thread. So I decided to just say screw it and pulled everything. I just ordered the whole Cannarado gushers lineup so I’ve bleached both rooms and I’ve had temps running all day at 115 degrees. My veg room hasn’t had anything in there In About 2 weeks but I’ve been going in and out of both room doing work on them. So you guys think I can get away with just bleaching and heating both rooms at 115 for 24 hrs each?

Nameless_fcuk89

Nameless_fcuk89

I would imagine nothing could withstand heat that high for that long but I worry since I’m growing in my house, are there nights everywhere or what? These guys have me so paranoid it’s crazy!! But I read that there lifespan is 5 to 8 days so Idk.

Stev3

Stev3

Do you have pictures of the damage plants? I might be going through this also

Mrb53

Mrb53

I would offer this....I will send you a solution you dilute with water and use as a foliar that can be used all the way to harvest, and leaves entirely zero residue, and it scrubs, cleans, conditions, protects the plant, even gives it potassium and pure vitamin c, which both get absorbed though the stomas, and also though the dermal layers of the plant.
This stuff will even hold water (hydroscopic) during times of heat stress, and reduce (lower) the freezing temp of dew on the plant, it's pretty cool actually.
One of the old tricks was to raise the temps to over 90°f to help kill them off. Takes care of the living ones and my solution should deal with the eggs and larvae
You ever heard of a colloidal micelles? It's like a nano particle that can clean an oil on one end, but it's connected to a water molecule on the other end (water miscible). They are nano sized colloidal dispersion's prepared from amphiphilic molecules, with a hydrophobic tail and a hydrophilic head. The hydrophobic core acts as a reservoir for hydrophobic drugs (or nutrients, enzymes) and the hydrophilic shell stabilizes the hydrophobic core. When It comes in contact with THC, it basically "scrubs" it, but leaves no residue, in fact, it removes residue (This is a BIGGIE...no one has anything that is scrubbing while not hurting the THC). Should also kill spider mites, gnalts, white fly, some caterpillar,thrips, and prevent / eliminate any type of mildew. All while cleaning the plant.

100% organic. Non-GMO. There' s a trace amount of potassium bicarbonate (wine reduction agent) for ph adjustment, but less than .001% by volume. everything else is 100% organic and plant based, you can drink it

It's attacking the bugs ability to digest things, inactivating their digestive enzyme capacity, starving them, inhibit their ability to make proteins. But amazingly not killing the predators. Dissolving their exoskeleton, dissolving the newborns, and eggs. It's a multi-prong strategy that basically kills them by multiple avenues. This is where the heat treatment can eradicate the the predators.

I will send you a bottle for free. I ask you to document and then POST the results...Agree?
I will send a 20ml bottle. Dilution ratio = 3.5ml to a quart of water for half strength...I would start here and if after 3/4 days you do not see enough relief, use 7ml per quart and spray at LIGHTS OFF...
Spray plant, under and over leaves...around buds (NOMO MOLD -remember), soil...you can even water the plants as the vitamin c and potassium actually help the plant grow

Let me know...maybe you can help a fellow grower bring a fantastic new product to market..
When it works, I would ask you to send me $10 for the shipping cost (unless you are international...then whatever the cost ) I will incur as a measure of good faith

ps - I am NOT A FAN OF NEEM OIL...sorry. It changes flavor, affects the buds, should actually not be used on buds and has now been banned in a few US States
I am not a fan of any OILS...oils contaminate the plants, can suffocate or be next to impossible to wash out
I have used dishwashing liquid, even added it to my solution. Just a few drops in thew bottle...makes the solution stick wet the plant / substrate a little better

RealizedReal000

RealizedReal000

I have eradicated broadmites from 8 grows indoor and controlled them outdoor enough to get to harvest on two farms. We did it with nukem. The trick was to dip the indoor plants completely into the nukem. We sealed the tops of the pots with a cap and flipped them over and dunked them into a kiddie pool once for example. Those damn broadmites curl those leaves up into little tubes that protect them. Spray won't get through it it takes a dunk and some shaking. I'm not saying this is the only way to do it but it worked several times. Seattle went through a broad mite infestation around around 2012 and 13 but I haven't heard anybody having problems since. Most guys rip their grows out and start over but we literally got rid of them completely and the grows ran for months after without recurrence.
I think you could do it with some other pesticide they are susceptible to but the key is the is the immersion and we also added a little detergent to increase application. The outdoor grows I think the soap was critical to success. we had one guy who had tried spraying new come and just added some detergent and seemed to get better results but nothing scientific there. One of these grows was 96 plants and the others were under 50. The 96 plant grow was an absolute bitch if you can imagine and there were a couple of them in the 15 to 20 plant range that weren't so bad to do that with.

The key to killing broadmites is to touch them with whatever the hell you're giving them. The only other way to do it is to use systemic pesticides but then you can't smoke the weed without fucking yourself up. Best of luck on this dude that's a bitch of a problem but you'll be a better grower at the back end of it you'll see. Adversity creates strength
They came back recently and the first sign I used nuke em around the tent inside the tent and on plants and soil drench. They haven’t come back nor have they damaged my plants. Just don’t use when lights on. 15 minutes before lights off at most. Really right when the lights go out is perfect to spray under and on the leaves.

RealizedReal000

RealizedReal000

They came back recently and the first sign I used nuke em around the tent inside the tent and on plants and soil drench. They haven’t come back nor have they damaged my plants. Just don’t use when lights on. 15 minutes before lights off at most. Really right when the lights go out is perfect to spray under and on the leaves.
But you got to get the surfactant that they have cause it’s also organic.

Top Bottom