Worst Strain......ever!?!

• Thread starter JWM2
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
Phylex

Phylex

What was the worst strain you’ve ever grown? Or what was the most disappointing strain you’ve ever grown?

Disclaimer: This isn’t a referendum on any breeders or strains as we all know that there are many factors that can determine the overall outcome.

Notice: This is meant for fun and not to bash any particular breeders or strains. And please keep it civil and light.

I have two strains that come to mind from back in the day. The first was Black Jack which was a black domina x Jack Herer cross. The other I can’t even recall the name but it was purple and was suppose to have strawberry terps.

Black Jack was just a mess for me. The resulting bud was so bad I gave a 1/4 lb away for free just to get it out of my house. It was ok tasting and the buzz was decent but it was a big disappointment overall.

The purple strawberry strain smelled like old lady perfume. I still can’t get that smell out of my head. It was also very harsh to smoke and tasted just like it smelled. I ended up throwing about 3 ozs into the compost bin after a 3 month cure.

So what’s your horror story?
Oh no, say it ain't so. I recently ordered some BlackJack. lol. We'll see how they turn out. I guess the good thing is I ordered 5 or 6 other strains along with it. I'm really excited for the Wedding Cake.

JWM2

JWM2

Premium Member
Supporter
Smell factor is 10/10 with Tangie but the yeilds blow

Have you tried Cali-O? It yields well and has the Orange terps. It’s not very strong but it’s a great all day buzz. Perfect for wake and bake.

Erick31876

Erick31876

Really? I always had decent yields with it. Not huge but respectable.
It was my fault, im sure i could have got more out of it. It looked like it hermed on me so i put it outside, i was going to collect the pollen because it smelled awesome, well one day i went out to water it, i noticed it had pistils so i took it back in to flower it. From all of the stress and lack of care it was a lot smaller than my other plants. It was one of the frostiest and best smelling strains i was growing. I just wished i didn't mess the cure up. I got about 2-1/2 ounces from it. I gave it to a friend of mine to make wax out of it which came out great

CaliRooted

CaliRooted

Yeah to get space in my room it's gotta be better than decent for me. My og pulls better yields but just my preference ya know. If I did do Tangie it would only get a chance in a greenhouse and not inside .

JWM2

JWM2

Premium Member
Supporter
It was my fault, im sure i could have got more out of it. It looked like it hermed on me so i put it outside, i was going to collect the pollen because it smelled awesome, well one day i went out to water it, i noticed it had pistils so i took it back in to flower it. From all of the stress and lack of care it was a lot smaller than my other plants. It was one of the frostiest and best smelling strains i was growing. I just wished i didn't mess the cure up. I got about 2-1/2 ounces from it. I gave it to a friend of mine to make wax out of it which came out great

Cali-O is notorious for throwing a few naners. Not a big deal though. I’ve never had any seeds come from it so I think it’s sterile.

jumpincactus

jumpincactus

Premium Member
Supporter
Love the fact you owned up to it being partly your fault. Love to see your humility . Rare among lots of growers. Good job.!!!

Erick31876

Erick31876

Love the fact you owned up to it being partly your fault. Love to see your humility . Rare among lots of growers. Good job.!!!
It was totally my fault, i fucked up. I was new and thought it hermed on me so i put it outside. Luckily i was able to catch it and finish flowering it, but than i screwed up the cure. I think im going to grow another one to see how i can really do with it, because the wax came out great

jumpincactus

jumpincactus

Premium Member
Supporter
It was totally my fault, i fucked up. I was new and thought it hermed on me so i put it outside. Luckily i was able to catch it and finish flowering it, but than i screwed up the cure. I think im going to grow another one to see how i can really do with it, because the wax came out great
each grow under your belt will bring you closer to awesome grows. practice makes perfect...…..

oldskol4evr

oldskol4evr

cant say i ever had any worst weed,ive only bought seeds twice in all my years,if it get me high,job done hahahahh,ive had some i wouldnt grow again though,cherry bomb and the one,both beauty of plant just not a buzz for a speeder i guess,the cherry bomb would have been a great hedge to have on the side of a sidewalk awesome red spears come from it,my old ass had to smoke 2 joints of it to buzz

Ina

Ina

Yes,most of the growers say"bad genes"and wash their hands:)
The worst weed I have smoked/cooked is our wild hemp varieties here in BG or mix with them:)They just don't have THC at all,they are hemp.And every nice marihuana plant pollinated with their pollen produce shitty seeds in the buds(which is really uncomfortable when you grow outdoors here,the wilds are almost everywhere).Sometimes people here are making the mistake to grow some of these seeds between wild father and their mother,complete loss of time!And when someone gives you that type of seeds to try and you don't know it....it is just awful in the end of the season!:)We call them "sticks":)

MIMedGrower

MIMedGrower

I think we should put how many times we have tried to grow the same seeds before coming up with any opinion about the strain.

Every grow can be different. I did not have good luck with my favorite seeds the first few plants I grew. Reversed the first one from nutrient stress and cut early. That is no indicator of how good the genetics are on my first try is my point.

Then I got better at growing it. It used to always be to heady and a little light but super tasty.

Now I can grow the same seeds and recognize which pheno the plant reminds me of and the effects have become potent, full body and head high and long lasting.

Took practice. The best weed is a bit hard to grow.

Really easy stable over bred genetics tend to have boring highs too.

JWM2

JWM2

Premium Member
Supporter
I think we should put how many times we have tried to grow the same seeds before coming up with any opinion about the strain.

Every grow can be different. I did not have good luck with my favorite seeds the first few plants I grew. Reversed the first one from nutrient stress and cut early. That is no indicator of how good the genetics are on my first try is my point.

Then I got better at growing it. It used to always be to heady and a little light but super tasty.

Now I can grow the same seeds and recognize which pheno the plant reminds me of and the effects have become potent, full body and head high and long lasting.

Took practice. The best weed is a bit hard to grow.

Really easy stable over bred genetics tend to have boring highs too.

As I’ve stated in the original post this isn’t a referendum on any breeder or strain. Just what we’ve ran that didn’t turn out how we had hoped. We’ve already had a few that have grown one strain and had bad luck and someone else grew it and thought it was awesome.

It’s not about the genetics themselves but what we had in mind as far as expectations and how it actually turned out in our unique growing environments. I can run a strain and have great luck and my neighbor could run it and have bad luck. It’s nothing to do with the genetics but rather the combination of factors that lead us to conclude what we do.

Top Bottom