worth a shot?

• Thread starter joehank
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
joehank

joehank

While researching chloramine removal products, I came across this:
http://www.amazon.com/Seachem-453-Flourish-Excel-500ml/dp/B000256962/ref=pd_sim_petsupplies_2

What do you guys think? I might get some and try it on a seperate set-up or dwc bucket. I am looking at the descriptions of this companies products on Amazon. They have alot of interestin stuff that might work in the hydro environment, such as this:
http://www.amazon.com/Seachem-473-Flourish-Iron-500ml/dp/B00025696C/ref=pd_sim_petsupplies_5
A small amount looks like it will go a long way...

Smoking Gun

Smoking Gun

Well to start that product is NOT for removing chloramine. Going on google and following the results to a product isn't research. And why would you look for the companies other products on Amazon? Why not go to their website which will be a thousand times more useful?

The Flourish line of product Seachem offers is food, not water conditioners. They do have water conditioning products, but nothing to remove chloramine, however they do a have a product to remove the chlorine from the water. It should also be used before the water is in your reservoir, not once it is in there.

I also am not too quick to use products for aquatic plants on terrestrial plants, even those in hydro set-ups. I am not particularly familiar with aquatic plants, buts I cannot imagine their means of up-taking nutrients is the same as terrestrial plants. Think of it this way, if you place a whole cannabis plant under water it will not survive, and likewise of you tried to plant seaweed in dirt it would fail. Since the line of Seachem products is clearly for aquatic plants I would not assume they are formulated to be used be terrestrial plants. So while from the simple appearance they might seem useful in a hydroponic set-up I would not imagine they would work as expected in a hydroponic set-up.

joehank

joehank

Maybe my initial wording confused you. I didn't mean that the product that I linked was what I found for chloramine removal. I meant that while I was searching for info on chloramine removal, I ALSO came across the linked product. Sorry . And I would have to disagree on your definition of " research" . To me, research is the gathering of information by any means available. And then there's this:
http://www.amazon.com/Seachem-433-Prime-500ml/dp/B00025694O/ref=pd_sim_petsupplies_2

They do make a product for removing chloramine. I found this through my " research ". I didn't read anything about it being for food.;)

original

( found this through my research too)

tattoojim

tattoojim

Unknown farmer
Supporter
ive got my best results out of just bubbling my tap water..and bro i have tryd a bunch of water techs..i have a r/o system that can make 0000ppm water...dude i fell on my face with r/o water...maybe im not skilled enough to mess with water :D so i amended my own soil, and started phing and bubbling tap water..was kicking ass then i started playing with tea, and then my plants over dosed lol...back on tapwater

joehank

joehank

I agree, unless your using a nute formula specifically tailored to RO it will not be easy. Plus taking stuff out only to add it back in is more work. I know that some chlorine is ok, but I'm finding that chloramine is not, and you can't just air it out. My tap water is usually between 70-80 ppm's, so not really bad.

Builtaforest

Builtaforest

joehank,

you are right that chloramine does not air out. my tap is the same + chloramine, i use mine straight, non-issue for me.

what are you observing?

joehank

joehank

just fact finding for now. I will be using Caps bennies on the next run and dont want anything that will kill them

tattoojim

tattoojim

Unknown farmer
Supporter
just fact finding for now. I will be using Caps bennies on the next run and dont want anything that will kill them
destilled or r/o...is your options as far as i know

Hempninja420

Hempninja420

I know the post was years ago but you should be able to use that for cannabis I’ve used it for my soil grows I just mix a little I. Some water but I’ve never tried it in a dwc. most aquatic plants are grown out of water originally and than transferd to the tank just like a transplant

Top Bottom