Wot the heck is this?

• Thread starter altitudefarmer
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
altitudefarmer

altitudefarmer

OK, need a little input here, people. Is this plant-extracted essential oil? There were 3-5 little buds on my latest Zilvermist chop that had this amber sap sitting perfectly on the buds. Anyone know what this is? It came from the plant itself.
The guys smoked it and copped a really good buzz. They are experienced smokers. They said it tasted like a super sweet bho, and it smelled like burnt sugar when they torched it.
I'm guessing it's plant sugars with probably some cannabinoids in the mix.

DSCN2669.JPG

DSCN2667.JPG

DSCN2668.JPG

SmokeyPipes

SmokeyPipes

I've seen this in another thread before,Did you use a sweetener of any sort towards the end?Basically it's sap,the sugars you used being excreted in the buds!!

M

MTgrower

Weed sap. Start collecting it and put it on your pancakes.

altitudefarmer

altitudefarmer

Awesome pancakes this morning... lol

Thanks guys, I was pretty sure it was something of the sort. Peace

TheCoolestMan

TheCoolestMan

Premium Member
Supporter
ahaha sweeeeeeeeeeet, damn bet its so yummmmy!!

Dunge

Dunge

You might check closely under the drop to see if it is the result of insect excretion. I'm thinking an aphid like beast.

cemchris

cemchris

Supporter
That zilvermist looks like the bees knees. Nice one. I have no idea. Shit if you had a plant that produced hash oil man oh man..........

altitudefarmer

altitudefarmer

You might check closely under the drop to see if it is the result of insect excretion. I'm thinking an aphid like beast.
Braw that was my first thought. No insects. It's plant sugars. I may have it tested to see cannabinoid content, if it shows on the next run.

That zilvermist looks like the bees knees. Nice one. I have no idea. Shit if you had a plant that produced hash oil man oh man..........
Chris, the Zilver is a patient favorite, but they are just about to get to try KingKong. All-Star has my vote of confidence. Have had remarkable results with their genetics, and not one hermie issue.

B

boroboro

Guttation is most likely what you have there.

Great photos, by the way!

Wikipedia says this about the formation process of this stuff:
At night, transpiration usually does not occur because most plants have their stomata closed. When there is a high soil moisture level, water will enter plant roots, because the water potential of the roots is lower than in the soil solution. The water will accumulate in the plant, creating a slight root pressure. The root pressure forces some water to exude through special leaf tip or edge structures, hydathodes, forming drops. Root pressure provides the impetus for this flow, rather than transpirational pull.

Guttation fluid may contain a variety of organic and inorganic compounds, mainly sugars, and mineral nutrients, and potassium.

dextr0

dextr0

For sure my first thought also. Not very stony Ive tried smoking (gross dont do it), but cool none the less.

altitudefarmer

altitudefarmer

Thanks, man! I'm positive that's what was going on.

For sure my first thought also. Not very stony Ive tried smoking (gross dont do it), but cool none the less.
LOL- where was this insight before my buddies chiefed it down? rofl... Actually, they put it on top of some shake and it was probably the shake that hit them so hard... Thanks for posting.

Top Bottom