would anyone mind fact checking this for me?

• Thread starter kushtrees
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
ttystikk

ttystikk

You're onto something big here, mate-

I came across this page while looking for calcium nitrate's Ca and N %s looks about right Im pretty sure the MgSO4 if correct but no idea about the others (I dnt do enough chem honestly)

http://www.home.aone.net.au/~hydroponics/analysis.html

if anyone knows if this is right or wrong id love to know thanks all

I have a 50lb bag of 'Yara Liva' brand Calcium Nitrate, 'solution grade', cost $32.00. Seriously...

What it said on the bag:
N-P-K: 15.5-0-0
1% Ammoniacal Nitrogen
14.5% Nitrate
19% Calcium

This stuff does a great job of dissolving quickly, I recommend it. Use it in conjunction with Jacks Professional Hydroponic 5-12-26 soluble fertilizer for a complete nutrient feed for hydro, micros included. Cost is around $40 for 25 lbs. at your local greenhouse wholesaler, or call them:
www.jrpeters.com

Add some epsom salt for a lil mag/sulphur boost. Yeah, the very stuff sold at the drug store for $8.95 for a 10lb bag.

Save MASSIVE $$$ over the jugs of stunningly expensive water at your local hydro store! The only time you'll feel silly about using it is the first time, when you realize you now know more about what you're feeding your plants than ever before- and that it costs so drastically much less than the hydro nutes you wonder why it took you so long to get the news!

I run RDWC with lots of sites, 75 gallon capacity, and I spend LESS THAN $1.00 A NUTE CHANGE. Try that with your Advanced Canna Dutch General Botanicare glop!

Capulator

Capulator

likes to smell trees.
Supporter
I have a 50lb bag of 'Yara Liva' brand Calcium Nitrate, 'solution grade', cost $32.00. Seriously...

What it said on the bag:
N-P-K: 15.5-0-0
1% Ammoniacal Nitrogen
14.5% Nitrate
19% Calcium

This stuff does a great job of dissolving quickly, I recommend it. Use it in conjunction with Jacks Professional Hydroponic 5-12-26 soluble fertilizer for a complete nutrient feed for hydro, micros included. Cost is around $40 for 25 lbs. at your local greenhouse wholesaler, or call them:
www.jrpeters.com

Add some epsom salt for a lil mag/sulphur boost. Yeah, the very stuff sold at the drug store for $8.95 for a 10lb bag.

Save MASSIVE $$$ over the jugs of stunningly expensive water at your local hydro store! The only time you'll feel silly about using it is the first time, when you realize you now know more about what you're feeding your plants than ever before- and that it costs so drastically much less than the hydro nutes you wonder why it took you so long to get the news!

I run RDWC with lots of sites, 75 gallon capacity, and I spend LESS THAN $1.00 A NUTE CHANGE. Try that with your Advanced Canna Dutch General Botanicare glop!

YEEEEEEEEEEUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUP!:banana1sv6:

I do the same, except with jr peters brand. Planned on switching to yaraliva next bag.

ttystikk

ttystikk

YEEEEEEEEEEUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUP!:banana1sv6:

I do the same, except with jr peters brand. Planned on switching to yaraliva next bag.

I went into the greenhouse wholesaler with Peters Cal-Nitrate on my mind, and that's what they sold me. It's working out very well.

Trying to stick with basics, and not get fancy. So far, so good.

Latest posts

Top Bottom