Would Collecting Underwater Muck And Soil Help Compost Teas?

• Thread starter Apollo13
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
Apollo13

Apollo13

I run a 100 gallon 24 site rdwc uc hybrid system(lol) so i make my own ewc tea to combat rot and for the many benefits of it. I try to diversify it as much as possible, old compost, new compost great white and all the common ingredients. I was gathering the different soils from around my property to add, when it occurred to me, it maybe beneficial to add some of all the different types of soil in my pond to the mix, or perhaps muck. I'm a little worried about adding the wrong bacteria or fungus. Heck not even sure fungus grow underwater. I know the earth underwater typically lacks oxygen. Can anyone answer if it would be worth the effort or not? I was going to do a lil batch and see if it starts to stink or not. Probably add to garden if it smells good. Worried about adding it to my uc without some confidence it won't harm them. I do plan on harvesting a bunch of the different sea weeds in my pond to make special compost for my tea. So any advice on that would be helpful as well.

Apollo13

Apollo13

What my concern was.. but I know there are bad things in soil and in compost as well. But being I grow in hydro, I was wondering if there maybe something special under the water..like all the seaweeds from some super special beach in bfe...lol

LittleDabbie

LittleDabbie

Supporter
What my concern was.. but I know there are bad things in soil and in compost as well. But being I grow in hydro, I was wondering if there maybe something special under the water..like all the seaweeds from some super special beach in bfe...lol

Google... Its your friend :D

I can assure you pond water is safe.. Take my word for it or research the topic :D

Or don't.. :D

LittleDabbie

LittleDabbie

Supporter
No doubt the pond water would help...I meant the scum collecting

Oh no doubt, Tedious and oh man the stench of some of that shit can get pretty nasty at times.. (Say's the guy who went down to the campground the other day/s and collected over 100lb's of horse shit hehehe)

Id just go down with a 5 gallon bucket and scoop up the surface water and use that.. Filter out any seeds or randy shit thats floated into the water.

I Kinda wish they didn't destroy the fuckin damn up here, there was a HUGE pond i could have pilfered for my own testing purposes on my garden but sadly thats gone now :(

*doh*

G gnome

G gnome

Nice Simpsons reference. Hey at least ur not dealing w a whole load of "chicken shit"lol
Oh no doubt, Tedious and oh man the stench of some of that shit can get pretty nasty at times.. (Say's the guy who went down to the campground the other day/s and collected over 100lb's of horse shit hehehe)

Id just go down with a 5 gallon bucket and scoop up the surface water and use that.. Filter out any seeds or randy shit thats floated into the water.

I Kinda wish they didn't destroy the fuckin damn up here, there was a HUGE pond i could have pilfered for my own testing purposes on my garden but sadly thats gone now :(

*doh*

Seamaiden

Seamaiden

Living dead girl
If you don't go too deep, you should not hit the areas of anaerobic activity (which is where, by the by, NO3, aka nitrate, is converted into its constituent components, those being N and O, and from there they can become atmosphere in a manner of thinking).

That said, the species found underwater are different than those found in soils.

Latest posts

Top Bottom