would combining a dwc system and a topfeed drip ring be a good idea

• Thread starter greenguy999
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
Unit541

Unit541

Why not? One of the best parts of this "hobby", is the creativity you get to use in your chosen methods. Ask what your plant needs to thrive, provide what it needs in any way you want.

Any DWC is going to need some sort of top feed if roots haven't made it to the water yet, might as well automate it right?

I used to do this on my DWCs, but have since dropped the "DWC". Now I fill the whole bucket with media, and recirculate the top feed 24/7.

MonsterRobot

MonsterRobot

They make "Waterfarm" kits for DWC Buckets... They basically use an air pump to force water up to the drip ring and it flows back down into the bucket... You can make one pretty easily too if you just look at the pics...

MonsterRobot

MonsterRobot

But yeah, you can (and should) do this... My friend has them on his and it helps the plant quite a bit in the beginning and makes it so you don't have to top water...

coloradochem

coloradochem

works well ran a setup like that for about a year. the top feed isnt really necessary, but it does help early on.

dankworth

dankworth

Chow mix top bucket.
Periodic irrigation.
Air gap between top bucket and water layer.
DTW.
Not recirculating.

My plants and I figured this out together.
No joke, no exaggeration.

They told me a joke yesterday that made me laugh out loud.
I cannot articulate the thought in the English language, it does not work like that.

420smoke420

I had this thought about 6 months ago and turned my DWC buckets into RDWC buckets w/ spray nozzle inside pointing at the bottom of the net pot. It helped in the early stages while waiting on roots to get down to the water, maybe just a placebo or I'm getting better at gardening, but I thought I noticed all around faster root development as well. One DWC run and my first run on these is the limit of my hydro experience though. Still a noob farmer.

St3ve

St3ve

Think you're answering the wrong question there mate. He was asking about top drip in DWC

Chow mix top bucket.
Periodic irrigation.
DTW.
Not recirculating.

I cannot articulate the thought in the English language, it does not work like that.

dankworth

dankworth

I should have clarified, pretty baked at the time.
Topdrip chow DTW SWC/DWC.
I ramble about it all high in another lengthy post.

Green Giant

Green Giant

Chow mix top bucket.
Periodic irrigation.
DTW.
Not recirculating.

Dankworth, do you have a build journal or something with pics of your setup? I have been reading your post about nutes, feeding and what not, and would love to see how it all works together.

I want to duplicate what you have going on!!!

Latest posts

Top Bottom