Would like Farmers opinions on ph meter

• Thread starter sirshamus
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
S

sirshamus

I really need to get a ph tester cause i'm growing in coco now. Looking at the Milwaukee pH51 waterproof pen type meter, it runs about $56 or the Milwaukee SMS 115 meter, runs around $72. Anyone have experience with either on of these? Thanks and I hope to hear from you fellow cultivators.

jadins_journey

jadins_journey

Supporter
There was a bad production run on the ph51 last year. I bought one and the girls at the hydro store told me to bring it in for an exchange. Hope that helps

jj

A

astartes

I bought the ph51 a couple years back from my local shop for $80. It's been great. As a word of warning, the pen will lose it's calibration quickly if you let the probe dry out. That being said, they're very easy to recalibrate. I find that my 2 year old pen needs to be recalibrated every 4-6 weeks, but every other week is a great habit to get into:)

On a side note, getting a pH pen from a brick and mortar store may be worthwhile. My hydro shop will replace it no questions asked on the spot for 5 years after purchase, so well worth the few extra dollar rather than having to send it away to be fixed.

astartes

S

sirshamus

thanks for the info astartes, my not so local hydro shop sells them for 80 also.

MidLifeCrisis

MidLifeCrisis

I picked up a Bluelab for $45 shipped. I heard they were a good brand too.

...or Oakton...or Hanna.... They all make pretty decent models. However, I have had to change my Oakton's electrode after three years of service. It was a full 1-1.5 points off and was causing my ladies a few problems temporarily... Changed electrode and the problems went away!!

P

Potorlando

I bought the ultrabasic, and it's doing alright. about $70 bucks. Hope that helps

D

Donk Frog

I usea nutradip ph tester, got it free when i bought my producer

darksideX

darksideX

yep. grow'd in hydro & soil,now also first time in Coco and had never a ph meter,.the test kits work also,..and by the time u know how ur girlz like it..imo

L

LTG

I'm a burnout .....I am writing about my bluelab and it's a truncheon and I have a hanna PH meter .........sorry for my confusion..EEK!

jah_hoover

jah_hoover

Essential ph meter is the one of the best on the market and its only £40

jah_hoover

jah_hoover

I'm a burnout .....I am writing about my bluelab and it's a truncheon and I have a hanna PH meter .........sorry for my confusion..EEK!

Bluelab ph meters are the shittest on the market and will fuck up every week, Bluelab ec truncheons are worth every penny and no calivration required.

S

sirshamus

Well, after using my new meter, I found out those ph drops piss me off. Where I thought after adding my nutes was taking me around 6.0 was really 6.2. I added my normal ph down that I thought takes me down to 5.8, really read 6.2. Haha, wasn't even close to 5.8. So, I feel really confident now, but we will see how it goes.

L

LTG

Keep us updated man ....sounds like things should go better with you being able to control your pH accurately.

Latest posts

Top Bottom