Would love some advice !!!

• Thread starter VAgrower420
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
VAgrower420

VAgrower420

I was gifted two plants from a local farm and need help on what nutrients to use they are both planted in Mother Earth terracraft potting soil, I have no idea how old they are as well .. anyone have an idea on how old they might be and some advice on what steps to take next? ANY advice would be great !! Thanks!!

Would love some advice
Would love some advice 2
Would love some advice 3
Would love some advice 4
Would love some advice 5
Nate_in_AK

Nate_in_AK

Welcome!

They look healthy to me, and maybe 6 weeks old?

Those buckets might be a problem, I strongly suggest you read this: https://www.thcfarmer.com/threads/w...-size-shape-and-environment-affect-it.126852/

Improper watering seems to be the main cause of trouble for new farmers, from my experience here so far. (I was no exception, nearly killed a few plants myself)

Keep us posted on how they are doing and don't be afraid to ask more questions. :)

Capital_Florica

Capital_Florica

If it’s your first go at growing, I’d do nothing but add water. They’re in good shape, so all you gotta do is not mess them up. Like mentioned above, your biggest problem will be overwatering, so be cautious. If they’re in the sun all day, they can probably handle a good watering every other day. But that’s ONLY on days when they actually get a lot of sun and it’s hot. If it’s cloudy, they won’t get as much sun and thus water will evaporate slower so I skip watering on cloudy days. But it’ll take some time for you to get a grasp on how fast water is evaporating from your soil given your weather conditions. I’m also in Virginia, and lately with the heat I’ve been watering every other day and haven’t run into problems.

VAgrower420

VAgrower420

Almost a month later, I did my best not to overwater or underwater , the farm that gifted her to me gave me very little info about the plant .. she seems to be doing well but I think I could have spider mites… I’m assuming that could be the reason for them getting rid of all the plants they had .. I’ve been using neem oil and insecticidal soap for the spider mites here is a pic of her from last week let me know if y’all see any issues or improvement please !!! Also adding some photos of my plants that I have indoors.. Curious to know how I’m doing.. I appreciate both you guy’s help !!

92DE8D37 48F4 41F8 8FFA 27FF119B6D43
29E89371 BE1D 4A0F B937 28688F5AD5B2
7B6E072B 0D4D 4674 B36F 7D5ABB2F52E7
0D83A074 B29C 4348 9FCE F4D4EFDB27D6
3F025233 4382 44D2 B676 5C30EBFD35A4
9470B482 D718 4A87 87C6 D7FC2882A31F
FourPlants

FourPlants

Welcome to the Farm! You indoor plants are hard to judge under you "burple" grow lights. Pull them out and take some photos under your normal lighting next time. Your outdoor plants look good as far as I can see.

Best of luck!

VAgrower420

VAgrower420

I wanted to try topping both of these but wasn’t sure when and was also worried about the size of my tent it’s a 32x32x60 and I have three plants in it .. not even sure if that’s enough room for 3 … what would you recommend?

Capital_Florica

Capital_Florica

Outdoor plant is looking really good dude. Big ups on the not overwatering. Has she started flowering yet? She would look a lot worse if she had mites bad, so you must be doing a good job. You could probably defoliate some around the bottom. The leaves that are in the shade aren’t doing much and snipping them off will encourage more growth up top. My outdoor girl is just barely showing signs of it, hopefully we’ll be getting underway soon here in August.

If you can fit ‘em width wise, it’s big enough haha. They seem to be doing fine though. Watering indoors is a totally different game and from their growth it looks like you’ve been doing a good job of letting them dry out inbetween waterings. As for topping, typically people do it at the 5th node. They should be there already or close from the looks of it. Working with a 60 inch ceiling you’re definitely going to want to research topping and low stress training because they will easily break that 60 inches if you’re not careful. Keep them as short as you can in veg because remember they could get twice as big in flower. You can keep them short by either topping or only vegging them but for so long so they go into flower not very tall. But topping is definitely going to increase your yield so I highly suggest doing it. I know it’s scary but you really can’t mess it up. And then once you do it, you’ll never not do it. So good to learn now. 😉

Here is what I mean by nodes. So you let the fifth node grow for a day or so until it’s long enough to snip. Let me know if any of it isn’t clear and I can show more pictures to clear it up for ya.

8C89E3D9 3711 4532 840B E0A6C94EFDEA

VAgrower420

VAgrower420

Thank you for the advice !! I’m actually gonna topping them today!! Took awhile for me to build up the courage though!!! Im doing my best to not mess up even if it’s inevitable!! As far as my outside plant goes I need some help quick !! I’m having a hard time figuring out exactly what’s going on here but have a good idea .. I went against my gut feeling and fed her nutrients yesterday..

89266218 C77E 4AB0 BCBB DAAF5BA74F42
9CC74C61 77C3 406D AAA9 0C208707B864
7DED504A F398 4145 8531 1F617B89B298
Dirtbag

Dirtbag

Supporter
Thank you for the advice !! I’m actually gonna topping them today!! Took awhile for me to build up the courage though!!! Im doing my best to not mess up even if it’s inevitable!! As far as my outside plant goes I need some help quick !! I’m having a hard time figuring out exactly what’s going on here but have a good idea .. I went against my gut feeling and fed her nutrients yesterday..
Spider mites. Bastards. They seem to be really bad this year.

You've got a real war on your hands..

dire wolf

dire wolf

She can dance a Cajun rhythm jump like a Willyes in four wheel drive , she's my summer love in the spring fall and winter she can make happy any man alive , sugar magnolia , ringing that blue bell , all caught up in sunlight .......

Sure do Miss Jerry
My first show was 1972
Wife's was before that when pigpen was in the band
Gonna go to the company tour next week .....

Anyway back to business , I don't believe any grower or farm would give away contaminated plants because of mites , I mean you gotta be a complete douche to do that and the initial pics looked like pretty healthy plants , the mites could have quickly set up shop under your care .....
I mean it would take a real jerk to gift mite infested plants

Last edited:
ILLGE4E

ILLGE4E

Plants look good. I spray with iso alcohol 70% weekly whether I am having a pest problem or not. Itll get rid of the mites.

dire wolf

dire wolf

I do a heavy neem mist , then fresh water rinse , and do that every other day for 2 weeks
If that dosent work I go to insecticide soap

If that dosent work , blowtorch time

Capital_Florica

Capital_Florica

I do a heavy neem mist , then fresh water rinse , and do that every other day for 2 weeks
If that dosent work I go to insecticide soap

If that dosent work , blowtorch time

Either can be had from Lowes or Home Depot @VAgrower420, you’re looking for a Neem oil spray to start and also pick yourself up an empty spray bottle to rinse them off with water after a couple hours of spraying the Neem oil. Best to try to do all that first thing in the morning and not when the plants are receiving direct sun. If that doesn’t work, go with an organic insecticide soap. And also rinse a couple hours after applying.

Good luck!

Madbud

Madbud

Unless you see spidermites i suspect its heat stress, cover the buckets with a white material or shade them.

Top Bottom