would moving from 11L square pots to smart pots increase yield in my setup

• Thread starter harley34
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
H

harley34

At the moment im using 11L square pots and im getting good yields. I know bigger roots means bigger yields, just wondering if swapping to 5 gallon smart pots (19L) would give me a better crop. Im not growing trees and wont be vegging for very long, around 3 weeks is my veg time. Just thinking if its worth it if im not growing trees and vegging for like 8 weeks +. Will i see the benefits?

H

harley34

been reading they dry out very fast, which isnt a bad thing, but would this good if using coco. Or is it more suited to your soil growers?

P

paulycali

Go with the 5 gallon smart pots for sure

If your vegging for 8 weeks then you should definetaly be using 5 gallon pots

Good luck and always have a happy growing of a day

H

Hylife

They will definitely increase yield and root mass! Smartpots are awesome they prevent root spiraling, roots stop growing after they poke through the smart pots, causing roots to branch and fill out instead of just growing long and spinning around your pots. 5gal are plenty, 3 gal (11L) can be a little small for faster growing plants.

H

harley34

would you see a big increase in yield if using the 3 gallon smart pots (11L) over a plastic 11L pot.

What do use think about gro pots, aero pots and geo pots. The gro pots look good, there taller which would be a better fit, but im finding it hard to find anywhere that will post outside of the US.

Donnybrook

Donnybrook

I Like Smart Pots but Like the Square Root Aeration Container fabric Containers Better . I use the 7 gallon size 12" x 12" x 15" & like it much better than the 7 gallon Smart Pot .

crom

crom

Cannobi Genetics
Supporter
I Like Smart Pots but Like the Square Root Aeration Container fabric Containers Better . I use the 7 gallon size 12" x 12" x 15" & like it much better than the 7 gallon Smart Pot .

Love the signature Donny! I'm gonna run 16 3G fabric pots in a 5x5 tent on a 4x4 table with a drip set up, with coco. I'm using the Sunshine Advanced Mix #4,yellow bag not the black bale. I'm hoping for some nice plants. I am also going to run some Smart type pots outdoors this season to see the differences they offer. They will dry out faster for sure. I would start your crop in smaller pots then transplant prior to root bound, just for ease of watering and use of medium. Anyway best of luck bro! I'll have pics of the runs in a thread in the near future, if your interested stop by. :passingjoint:

Cheers,
Crom

H

harley34

Love the signature Donny! I'm gonna run 16 3G fabric pots in a 5x5 tent on a 4x4 table with a drip set up, with coco. I'm using the Sunshine Advanced Mix #4,yellow bag not the black bale. I'm hoping for some nice plants. I am also going to run some Smart type pots outdoors this season to see the differences they offer. They will dry out faster for sure. I would start your crop in smaller pots then transplant prior to root bound, just for ease of watering and use of medium. Anyway best of luck bro! I'll have pics of the runs in a thread in the near future, if your interested stop by. :passingjoint:

Cheers,
Crom

thats what il do:

ez clone little netpot with hydroton
6 litre clone pot
11lt square pot
5gal (19lt) gro pot

Thanks dude, will defo stop by

Latest posts

Top Bottom