would really appreciate some advice

• Thread starter GrimmReefer89
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
GrimmReefer89

GrimmReefer89

New member here, long time smoker but newer grower,

I was given some genetics that were basically dying in solo cups about mid July, my girlfriend and I nursed them back to health and transferred to bigger pots and then, eventually when the roots were strong enough we planted them into the ground.

fed them every 3 ish days right up to about a week ago and we’ve had some rainfall so we haven’t bothered to feed and I was thinking it would be about time to flush anyway..

But here we are almost October and frost is coming.. don’t want any mould or mildew so just wondering when I should be harvesting..
45AB3A8B 796A 467E BF87 757A0BC1B1A3

widwestgreenscapes

widwestgreenscapes

Looks to me like you’ve got a few weeks left.These threads should help

Imzzaudae

Imzzaudae

A light frost will not bother them. - 2 you will be OK, They sure do look good but unless your far enough north that your going to get a killer frost. Like -5 I'd let them finish.
If you are worried, put a trash can over them with a little heat. A 100 wt light bulb under a clay pot will keep them warm enough the won't freeze.
Nice Job!

GrimmReefer89

GrimmReefer89

Thanks for the advice! Is a loupe necessary? Or how will I know how much longer before harvest? Not that I want to rush anything I just don’t want to lose anything to mould or mildew I’m in Nova Scotia Canada first frost is historically October 1-10

Imzzaudae

Imzzaudae

Those white hairs will start turning Brown as the buds ripen. When they look 75% golden it will be time to harvest. You will see it without a loop.
Out doors your not likely to have a problem with mildew. Mold or bud rot is only a problem if you get the buds wet like they get rained on.
You can stick it in a shed when it rains or over night to keep the dew off. If you have any question put it in the garden shed at night with a fan blowing on it. I'd Feed it a high phosphorous blooming fertilizer like Pro Mix 5-15-5 a couple more weeks. Don't over water. Give it Full sun and let it finish up.
Your done a fine job your plant looks great!

Last edited:

Latest posts

Top Bottom