Would Say You Behind For An Auto Of Her Age?

• Thread starter Newbie95
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
N

Newbie95

Hey guys, I have a few auto roughly same height, there all 19 days old (cookie cream and critical auto which I've heard are slow starters. I'm unsure wether they are stunted or not? Can anyone help. There growing in 1.7gal pots (8litre) fabric root nurse pots the roots have pierced through the fabric pots and started to air prune so they must have good root mass. They are growing on a daily basis now and starting to have a light smell to them. I'm growing with coco/clay pebbles. Feeding once a day with canna a&b .6ec ph 5.7 run off is between 6.2-6.5 and .4ec just a little confused why they not showing me as much love lol

Would say you behind for an auto of her age
Enforcer

Enforcer

Hey guys, I have a few auto roughly same height, there all 19 days old (cookie cream and critical auto which I've heard are slow starters. I'm unsure wether they are stunted or not? Can anyone help. There growing in 1.7gal pots (8litre) fabric root nurse pots the roots have pierced through the fabric pots and started to air prune so they must have good root mass. They are growing on a daily basis now and starting to have a light smell to them. I'm growing with coco/clay pebbles. Feeding once a day with canna a&b .6ec ph 5.7 run off is between 6.2-6.5 and .4ec just a little confused why they not showing me as much love lol
I grow in coco and I would say you’re doing a great job so far. You have done good research and are applying it. That being said, she looks hungry to me. An EC of .6 may be too low for this strain. It’s always good to start new to you genetics on the light side of feed. But if needed (like we have here) it should be raised. My suggestion is to bump up your daily feeds to around .8 EC. Give it a few days and see how she responds. The great part about coco is you can make quick corrections. Good luck.

PS, I also find a pH of 5.7 a little low. I get leaf twisting and light colored blotches. I keep my nutrient solution pH around 6.0 - 6.1.

N

Newbie95

I did attempt .7 ec and noticed some burning of the tip the next day. I do have a little blotching and some twisting in place but I've read that it common with a sulphur deficiency. If I raise my ph she tends to run off higher than 7

N

Newbie95

I've heard calmag should be added to coco but I felt there was no need yet. Do you think I should add it? I do have cal mag but I was keeping it on hand in case they started to show signs. I'm using tap water at 110ppm sat for 24hours and then testing around 55ppm. I think I read somewhere that water below 100ppm lack calcium?

Enforcer

Enforcer

I've heard calmag should be added to coco but I felt there was no need yet. Do you think I should add it? I do have cal mag but I was keeping it on hand in case they started to show signs. I'm using tap water at 110ppm sat for 24hours and then testing around 55ppm. I think I read somewhere that water below 100ppm lack calcium?
Yes. Read up on “coco cation exchange”. It will help you better understand how calcium and magnesium interact with the medium. I would suggest with your water, adding 150ppm of calmag before adding base nutes. You may need to reduce the ppm of the base nutes to stay at an acceptable level and not burn the plant. It’s trial and error as each growers environment is different, and feed tolerance varies by strain.

Case in point, my current grow likes veg EC at 1.2. My last six grows was a different strain that would burn at 1.1EC even in full bloom.

N

Newbie95

Yes. Read up on “coco cation exchange”. It will help you better understand how calcium and magnesium interact with the medium. I would suggest with your water, adding 150ppm of calmag before adding base nutes. You may need to reduce the ppm of the base nutes to stay at an acceptable level and not burn the plant. It’s trial and error as each growers environment is different, and feed tolerance varies by strain.

Case in point, my current grow likes veg EC at 1.2. My last six grows was a different strain that would burn at 1.1EC even in full bloom.
I will definitely search it up. I just so far haven't seen a cal mag deficiency so didn't think it was needed but tomorrow will be a week feed at .6ec and will then start feeding at .7ec I think they are slightly hungrier as I have noticed the leak are looking a little darker today than yesterday

TerpyTyrone

TerpyTyrone

Try 2 a day. They need to stay wet.
When I pick up an empty/dry pot. You know u fudged up. They may feel light but they have some water

N

Newbie95

Try 2 a day. They need to stay wet.
When I pick up an empty/dry pot. You know u fudged up. They may feel light but they have some water
I've been feeding the one a day. I check the coco and it always feels moist at the end of the day, if I press the coco between my finger and thumb it releases some retained water. I thought it was a good indication that the pot wasn't to dry. Still has some weight at the end of the day too. Is it still worth me feeding twice a day or will I get away with the once a day?

Enforcer

Enforcer

I've been feeding the one a day. I check the coco and it always feels moist at the end of the day, if I press the coco between my finger and thumb it releases some retained water. I thought it was a good indication that the pot wasn't to dry. Still has some weight at the end of the day too. Is it still worth me feeding twice a day or will I get away with the once a day?

Here’s the simple answer with coco...
If it’s wet...water it
If it’s moist...water it
If it’s dry.....you fukt up.

Feeding multiple times a day pushes fresh, oxygenated nutrient solution through the coco. Once dialed in the plants explode with growth.

TerpyTyrone

TerpyTyrone

Here’s the simple answer with coco...
If it’s wet...water it
If it’s moist...water it
If it’s dry.....you fukt up.

Feeding multiple times a day pushes fresh, oxygenated nutrient solution through the coco. Once dialed in the plants explode with growth.
I 2nd that

N

Newbie95

So if I feed x3 a day I just take the .7ec and divide that by 3 feeds and feed at that x3 a day?

Enforcer

Enforcer

So if I feed x3 a day I just take the .7ec and divide that by 3 feeds and feed at that x3 a day?
I haven’t tried it like that. Though I have heard of people doing it that way. I do 3 feeds a day in veg. I mix an 18 gallon res with about 14 gallon of water, and my nutrient as directed for that amount of water. I do this to keep the ratios of each nutrient consistent. Then I’ll dilute the mix with RO water until I reach my desired EC. I start low and increase as needed. For a plant that size, I would start at around .06EC 3x a day. You should see the plant respond within a couple days.

As an example for you.

I cut these from their mother plant on November 1st. They have been fed 3x a day since they rooted. Started at .7 EC and currently at 1.3EC. They are in 70/30 coco/perlite with a few handfuls of earth worm castings thrown in. They get microbes once a week by hand. Currently in 5 gal fabric pots, they start veg in 2gal fabric transfer pots. Trust us, multiple daily feeds is the recipe for success in coco.

E1199E03 DB84 4544 8AAC 9E6E14786EEB
1E355908 A977 4342 9815 30D8F569900D
N

Newbie95

I haven’t tried it like that. Though I have heard of people doing it that way. I do 3 feeds a day in veg. I mix an 18 gallon res with about 14 gallon of water, and my nutrient as directed for that amount of water. I do this to keep the ratios of each nutrient consistent. Then I’ll dilute the mix with RO water until I reach my desired EC. I start low and increase as needed. For a plant that size, I would start at around .06EC 3x a day. You should see the plant respond within a couple days.

As an example for you.

I cut these from their mother plant on November 1st. They have been fed 3x a day since they rooted. Started at .7 EC and currently at 1.3EC. They are in 70/30 coco/perlite with a few handfuls of earth worm castings thrown in. They get microbes once a week by hand. Currently in 5 gal fabric pots, they start veg in 2gal fabric transfer pots. Trust us, multiple daily feeds is the recipe for success in coco.

They look amazing! So I should start feeding at .6ec 3 times a day? That would give me a total of 1.7ec a day? I use a 15l bucket of 10l water to mix my nutes. A few days ago I did try boost my feed up at .7ec and noticed that they wasn't happy with it so I dialed back. Will they be ok with .6 3 times a day? Won't it hurt them?

Enforcer

Enforcer

They look amazing! So I should start feeding at .6ec 3 times a day? That would give me a total of 1.7ec a day? I use a 15l bucket of 10l water to mix my nutes. A few days ago I did try boost my feed up at .7ec and noticed that they wasn't happy with it so I dialed back. Will they be ok with .6 3 times a day? Won't it hurt them?
If you haven’t been feeding daily there may be built up salts in the medium. Mix up your nutes to your desired EC and flush the coco until the runoff is equivalent to what you put in. Like I said, it’s trial and error. If you’re not comfortable with a .6EC start at .4 or .3. The idea is to give the plant the same strength nutrients, at the same times, daily. This is called cyclical watering. The plant will begin to expect the next event and growth will take off. After a few days, reevaluate the plant condition and adjust the nutrient strength accordingly.

Last edited:
N

Newbie95

I've noticed today that over night my leaves have started to look darker and tips have clawed including new growth. I have changed anything with my muted and they have look relatively healthy until today

Enforcer

Enforcer

Maybe just a hair too much nitrogen. You can either reduce the calmag to 100ppm, or just roll with it. The claw is not too bad and she’ll grow out of it.

N

Newbie95

Reduced to .4ec yesterday. Feeding .4ec three times a day. Weird really, at first when feeding I use to get higher ec out of the bottom until tweaking, I think that was to do with the medium getting a little to dry and driving the ec and ph. Watering 3 times a day literally has the ec of what I'm puttting in the exact same and no salts. Thanks for that tip. I can't wait to see how she replies to it

Enforcer

Enforcer

Reduced to .4ec yesterday. Feeding .4ec three times a day. Weird really, at first when feeding I use to get higher ec out of the bottom until tweaking, I think that was to do with the medium getting a little to dry and driving the ec and ph. Watering 3 times a day literally has the ec of what I'm puttting in the exact same and no salts. Thanks for that tip. I can't wait to see how she replies to it
Perfect. Nice work farmer. Keep doing 3x a day irrigations and slowly increase the EC weekly as she grows. You’ll eventually find where the plant is happy. Keep a log of what you’re doing each week. That way if you clone this strain, you’ll have a reference point to make tweaks the next run.

N

Newbie95

Perfect. Nice work farmer. Keep doing 3x a day irrigations and slowly increase the EC weekly as she grows. You’ll eventually find where the plant is happy. Keep a log of what you’re doing each week. That way if you clone this strain, you’ll have a reference point to make tweaks the next run.
I don't think I'll be attempting to clone this stain as its an auto and been told It's better to go with seed when growing autos

Top Bottom