Would someone please help me with a few questions about WA MMJ?

• Thread starter Kaskadian
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
Kaskadian

Kaskadian

Hi all,

So I'm a little bit confused about how medical marijuana is treated in Washington state. I was originally planning to move back home to Portland Oregon but was offered a job in Washington that I may end up taking. I know in Oregon they have the OMMP (Oregon Medical Marijuana Program), but how is this handled in Washington State?

Please forgive my ignorance but after fighting with google for a while it seems like a written recommendation takes place instead of a medical card; is this correct?

If this is true, how is growing handled? I know I can be a patient and caregiver for myself, but are there special requirements needed to be able to grow legally? Both my wife & I plan to grow and would like to so legally.

Sorry for the questions guys, after searching around on google I only seemed to get myself more confused on the subject. I was hoping a current MMJ grower in WA could shed some insight on the process for me.

Cheers,
Kas

thunderfudge

thunderfudge

Breeder
Hi all,

So I'm a little bit confused about how medical marijuana is treated in Washington state. I was originally planning to move back home to Portland Oregon but was offered a job in Washington that I may end up taking. I know in Oregon they have the OMMP (Oregon Medical Marijuana Program), but how is this handled in Washington State?

Please forgive my ignorance but after fighting with google for a while it seems like a written recommendation takes place instead of a medical card; is this correct?

If this is true, how is growing handled? I know I can be a patient and caregiver for myself, but are there special requirements needed to be able to grow legally? Both my wife & I plan to grow and would like to so legally.

Sorry for the questions guys, after searching around on google I only seemed to get myself more confused on the subject. I was hoping a current MMJ grower in WA could shed some insight on the process for me.

Cheers,
Your card is your rec, technically you can't grow for yourself and others,only others or yourself,but not enforcred.3 card limit,45 plants or 45 root systems;meaning,2 plants in one pot =one root system.if you are over 45 and are caught,most likely(if they are cool,and you're not in kitsap) they let you choose your keepers.it's a big ugly grey area.just fly low off the radar and you'll be fine.welcome to the emerald square!

Kaskadian

Kaskadian

TF, thank you brother! You really cleared that up for me. That root system comment is giving me some scrog ideas. ;)

Kas

LittleDabbie

LittleDabbie

Supporter
Just talked to a guy who got back from seattle.. Down @ the pike market theres guys selling weed outta back packs and shit to anyone with or without a card :D

Found that interesting :D

HighBurn8

HighBurn8

Just talked to a guy who got back from seattle.. Down @ the pike market theres guys selling weed outta back packs and shit to anyone with or without a card :D

Found that interesting :D

What's interesting about it LD???

There has ALWAYS been activity going on down on 1st & Pike…. thats where you can get just about any & everything.

Mostly Heroin & Coke tho as those are easier to distribute because you can wrap them in small balloons and carry them in your mouth, nose and even ears…I have seen it all down there.

Hell, I even used to off small bags of weed down there myself back in the early 90's when grunge was still the thing to be…lol

I used to live up pike st. a few blocks from 1st so i am very familiar with that area as I consider that as my old stomping grounds.

We are Moving back up to Wa. next month… so we are pretty stoked.

MrRightBrain

MrRightBrain

There has ALWAYS been activity going on down on 1st & Pike…. thats where you can get just about any & everything.

Mostly Heroin & Coke tho as those are easier to distribute because you can wrap them in small balloons and carry them in your mouth, nose and even ears…I have seen it all down there.

Hell, I even used to off small bags of weed down there myself back in the early 90's when grunge was still the thing to be…lol

I used to live up pike st. a few blocks from 1st so i am very familiar with that area as I consider that as my old stomping grounds.

We are Moving back up to Wa. next month… so we are pretty stoked.
pike place is like a Roman jersey shore episode with fat cast members now. Not anything like it used to be. lots of sick people running around too.

LittleDabbie

LittleDabbie

Supporter
pike place is like a Roman jersey shore episode with fat cast members now. Not anything like it used to be. lots of sick people running around too.

From the sounds of it!!

*SNIP*

When is ALWAYS? When i was there a few years ago NO ONE suggested i ever source drugs down at pike market.. And i lived in queen anne area if that helps, I was always sourcing most of my shit in the everette *sp* area from a select few home growers..

Even shrooms Less the ones i picked my self around Green lake, were sourced outside of seattle..

*shrugs* perhaps it was all in who ya knew..

zeke

zeke

Our state law is the best in my view. No state leeching money from sick people for some bullshit lisence fee. Just cash to the doctor and you are good. Just like any other meds. If the cops say"where's the skunk piss odor coming from" you just whip out your recomendation and go on about your day. One time a stater pulled me over for speeding and wanted to see my stash. The trooper leaned his head in, I cracked my jar of chem and Bam! Dude recoiled from the stench and hit his head on my roof,knocking his trooper hat off. I think that techniquely I may have unintentionally assaulted that officer. I apologize for that...

Kaskadian

Kaskadian

Our state law is the best in my view. No state leeching money from sick people for some bullshit lisence fee. Just cash to the doctor and you are good. Just like any other meds. If the cops say"where's the skunk piss odor coming from" you just whip out your recomendation and go on about your day. One time a stater pulled me over for speeding and wanted to see my stash. The trooper leaned his head in, I cracked my jar of chem and Bam! Dude recoiled from the stench and hit his head on my roof,knocking his trooper hat off. I think that techniquely I may have unintentionally assaulted that officer. I apologize for that...

That's great! Haha!

Do police seem to respect the recommendation? I figured if anything they'd be a bit weird about a recommendation without a license.

zeke

zeke

Not in my experience. If an officer says anything innappropriate to me at any point during our interaction he'll get an ear full and a complaint filed.....

KitsapGrapeApe

KitsapGrapeApe

That's great! Haha!

Do police seem to respect the recommendation? I figured if anything they'd be a bit weird about a recommendation without a license.
Dude Washington was/is pretty good for medial patients. The problem is it won't be for much longer. Since we passed recreational the lcb and legislature are hell bent on whipping out medical as we know it to funnel all cannabis sales into the heavily taxed 502 market. We are good now next year won't be so good. Like thunder said pro today con(vict)tomorrow.

zeke

zeke

Unfortunately being a criminal is old hat for this cowboy.... I find it puzzling how state elected officials can come up with policies that are counterintuitive to the will of those that they allegedly represent. That never ceases to amaze me. Shape up or ship out I say.... I enjoy voting douchie assclowns right the fuck out of office. How is it that a regulatory body (WLCC) can even form an agenda like " end all medical production"?At what point does this situation go from "will of the People" to Big Bro on autopilot dictating our eventual demise....

Kaskadian

Kaskadian

Dude Washington was/is pretty good for medial patients. The problem is it won't be for much longer. Since we passed recreational the lcb and legislature are hell bent on whipping out medical as we know it to funnel all cannabis sales into the heavily taxed 502 market. We are good now next year won't be so good. Like thunder said pro today con(vict)tomorrow.

That's sad. Most likely I'll be working near the Oregon border. I may have to consider moving across the border if/when that happens. I really wanted to live in Washington (grew up there, right across the river), but I don't want to be told I can't grow.

Smokey503ski

Smokey503ski

You will still be able to grow in Washington.

There is hidden trickery in the Oregon measure 91.

No home grows within 1000 feet of a school, church or other shit like that.
About 1/3rd of Portland residents are SOL for growing in there house.

There was, or is a address checker to see if you are in a school zone or in a Grow zone.

Top Bottom