Would this be a okay soil mix?

• Thread starter Michigan.Out.Of.Doors
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
Michigan.Out.Of.Doors

Michigan.Out.Of.Doors

I got 2 bags of Fox farm ocean forest and 1 bag of pro mix ho,would this be a good mix for plants when they are bigger?Too hot for seedlings?ican add bat guano and bone meal
Would this be a okay soil mix

Would this be a okay soil mix 2

Dirtbag

Dirtbag

Supporter
Are you planning to mix the bale of promix with 2 bags of FFOF? If so I think you'll find that too light on nutrients for larger plants. It would be great for seed starting, but mature plants could easily handle FFOF on its own. Cut half and half with promix will have minimal nutrition and require supplemental feeding.

Depends what your plan is I guess. If it's plant and forget about it, you'd be better off in straight FFOF. If you're tending to it and feeding it here and there you'd be fine to mix the two.

Michigan.Out.Of.Doors

Michigan.Out.Of.Doors

Are you planning to mix the bale of promix with 2 bags of FFOF? If so I think you'll find that too light on nutrients for larger plants. It would be great for seed starting, but mature plants could easily handle FFOF on its own. Cut half and half with promix will have minimal nutrition and require supplemental feeding.

Depends what your plan is I guess. If it's plant and forget about it, you'd be better off in straight FFOF. If you're tending to it and feeding it here and there you'd be fine to mix the two.
I have liquid nutes I planned on using and I heard that FFOF is often time to hot on its own for seedlings

Michigan.Out.Of.Doors

Michigan.Out.Of.Doors

Also I can add bone meal,bio bizz bio grow,bat guano and cal.mag if necessary,also I have fox farm grow big,tiger bloom and big bloom

Top Bottom