Would This Be Too Much Light For A 3x3x6 Grow Tent?

• Thread starter Weedbro95
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
Weedbro95

Weedbro95

On my last(and first ever) grow I had a 450 watt led light for 5 autos in my 3x3x6 grow tent.
My next grow I plan on doing 4 Neville Haze photos using the Scrog method.
So my question is would adding a second 450 watt light be overkill? That would equal 900watts so I think like 400 true watts. Or am I better of getting a smaller light? Thanks for any help.

Enforcer

Enforcer

I don’t run LED, but I do have a 400w HPS in the same size tent without problems. BTW, 4 plants in a 3x3 is doable but you will need to stay on top of their growth to keep them manageable.

This is my last grow. Four White Widows in a SCROG. The light is all the way at the end of the ratchet hangers. They almost outgrew the tent. Good luck.

992E59D8 03C3 4D0D 8EB4 44FEACD3B267
Weedbro95

Weedbro95

I don’t run LED, but I do have a 400w HPS in the same size tent without problems. BTW, 4 plants in a 3x3 is doable but you will need to stay on top of their growth to keep them manageable.

This is my last grow. Four White Widows in a SCROG. The light is all the way at the end of the ratchet hangers. They almost outgrew the tent. Good luck.
Damn that looks amazing man. Is 400w HPS equivalent to 900w LED’s? Besides scrog how else can you manage the growth? This will be my first time ever growing photos and I’m kinda nervous not gonna lie lol.

Enforcer

Enforcer

Damn that looks amazing man. Is 400w HPS equivalent to 900w LED’s? Besides scrog how else can you manage the growth? This will be my first time ever growing photos and I’m kinda nervous not gonna lie lol.

Thanks bro. IDK what the conversion is but I think that would be close to equivalent. I veg under the net and weave the branches through as they grow. When the canopy gets almost to the edge of the net, I flip to flower. I finish weaving to the edge of the net and then let everything come up. If you veg too long, they will stretch up into your light. Which is not what you want.

Mr.jiujitsu

Mr.jiujitsu

Thanks bro. IDK what the conversion is but I think that would be close to equivalent. I veg under the net and weave the branches through as they grow. When the canopy gets almost to the edge of the net, I flip to flower. I finish weaving to the edge of the net and then let everything come up. If you veg too long, they will stretch up into your light. Which is not what you want.

I don’t see any weaving in your ScrOG photo?

Enforcer

Enforcer

I don’t see any weaving in your ScrOG photo?
Well, that’s because it’s just before harvest. I weave throughout veg, moving the tops over to the next square as it grows. After I flip, the plants stretch and I trim the lower crap off. So I just have strong branches coming through the squares.

DismalDude

DismalDude

I used to grow with HPS and then LED and then Cob LED.My advice is go with the LED's you have and though you may run into heat issues it'll be easier to manage with the LED's.

RuralFarmer

RuralFarmer

Stick with your LED, and you can easily add a second one. Certainly not too much light. I run 2 600w G8 LEDs in a 4x4x7. The plants love it. The plants in this pic are 44 days from seed and day 17 flowering. It's hard to give them "too much light" but its possible.

20180813 130246
Weedbro95

Weedbro95

What is the brand/type of LED you have and how much $ do you have to work with?
Viparspectra 450watt. My budget is about $130. Was thinking of just getting another one of these for $118? Also do you think I’d be better off doing 3 plants under scrog vs 4? I’ll be a sativa that says it can grow 8 feet in doors.

DismalDude

DismalDude

Viparspectra 450watt. My budget is about $130. Was thinking of just getting another one of these for $118? Also do you think I’d be better off doing 3 plants under scrog vs 4? I’ll be a sativa that says it can grow 8 feet in doors.
I'd get the other 450 and run with it,those things run pretty cool as well so heat shouldn't be much of a problem.I haven't run a pure sativa indoors as of yet but anything can be kept in check with the right training.

Monster762

Monster762

On my last(and first ever) grow I had a 450 watt led light for 5 autos in my 3x3x6 grow tent.
So my question is would adding a second 450 watt light be overkill? That would equal 900watts so I think like 400 true watts. Or am I better of getting a smaller light? Thanks for any help.
You can probably add the light no issues. Long as no heat problem. But 4 hazes in a 3x3 gonna be packed tight unless you’re flipping real early. I’m no pro but haze usually means longer flower too. Adding to the size. At first they blow up in flower. I got over 1000 true watts in 4x8 half led. Plants still want more.

JustStartedD

JustStartedD

The more light the better. I'm using. A 1000w right now waiting for the plant to get big enough to add a 2nd light. When lights cross Paths the light being emitted Intensified, not in heat or radiance just the actual 50% of light that ur giving it is now doubled producing better flower since the light is rich in reds and blue rays it also helps parts of the plant that get little to no lighting to even ur canopy more

Weedbro95

Weedbro95

Thanks for all the responses. Yeah with just the 450w my temps were around 72-76 degrees so I should be straight with probably an added mini fan. My last grow were autos and sadly only got an ounce a plant from the sour d. Was pretty disappointed so hopefully these Hazes I’m getting will do much better. How long would you wait until flipping to 12/12 also? The website says for Neville Haze to flip immediately but that seems extreme idk.

JustStartedD

JustStartedD

Thanks for all the responses. Yeah with just the 450w my temps were around 72-76 degrees so I should be straight with probably an added mini fan. My last grow were autos and sadly only got an ounce a plant from the sour d. Was pretty disappointed so hopefully these Hazes I’m getting will do much better. How long would you wait until flipping to 12/12 also? The website says for Neville Haze to flip immediately but that seems extreme idk.
To try to wait about 55 days until you flip it to flower. That should give you a pretty big bushy plant going into flowering. Once u switch to 12/12 they grow about an inch or 2 everyday so they'll get big. Just give it time

Weedbro95

Weedbro95

To try to wait about 55 days until you flip it to flower. That should give you a pretty big bushy plant going into flowering. Once u switch to 12/12 they grow about an inch or 2 everyday so they'll get big. Just give it time
Great and the scrog screen should be like 20 inches from the pot right? What if it fills in before?

Monster762

Monster762

The more light the better. I'm using. A 1000w right now waiting for the plant to get big enough to add a 2nd light. When lights cross Paths the light being emitted Intensified, not in heat or radiance just the actual 50% of light that ur giving it is now doubled producing better flower since the light is rich in reds and blue rays it also helps parts of the plant that get little to no lighting to even ur canopy more
I like to overlap led and t5.
its all good. Wait til you see the differences between photos and autos. Photos stomp all over them. In my experience at least. Don’t flip nothing from seed. If you have solid good growth I usually flip at 30 days from seed. Mykos. Or similar. Will blow them up when used in transplanting.

Monster762

Monster762

I like to overlap led and t5.

its all good. Wait til you see the differences between photos and autos. Photos stomp all over them. In my experience at least. Don’t flip nothing from seed. If you have solid good growth I usually flip at 30 days from seed. Mykos. Or similar. Will blow them up when used in transplanting.
These are 13 days.roots organic soil and mykos
EA8E42C7 669D 4894 A5B6 F9965D66C380
. My own seeds from last run. Crossed on purpose.

Latest posts

Top Bottom