Would this have formed a fully developed seed if left alone?

• Thread starter DabbertGlobberfield
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
DabbertGlobberfield

DabbertGlobberfield

So I am in week 5 flower on my first grow. I just received a digital microscope I ordered and was looking for things I could scope out.

When looking at the plants I saw a bunch of calyxes that were left in the lower portions of the plant so I grabbed a few at random. I found one of those underdeveloped seed things that I used to hate finding in my bud on one of the calyxes. So I ripped open the other one and found the it was with what looks like seed.

My question is two-fold: If I would have not picked this little guy off, would it have turned into a seed? Also, if that is the case, will the buds have these little bastards in there too?

underdeveloped seed popped out of the bottom of one of the calyxes I pulled off
Would this have formed a fully developed seed if left alone 3

pistils/stigmas still attached to premature seed(ovule) in calyx(bract)
Would this have formed a fully developed seed if left alone

This is where I pulled them from; lower plant branches
Would this have formed a fully developed seed if left alone 2

Gmix

Gmix

Sorry to say bud however it’s a yes on both points
Sounds like you got a hermie hiding in there somewhere

DabbertGlobberfield

DabbertGlobberfield

No. No.. No... I knew it... I had found a weird looking flower one day and asked about it and people were like oh don't worry it's cause you touched it or some other stuff. I didn't touch it and said a leaf was resting on it. But it had all retracted hairs and they were turning red. This was like 2 weeks ago.

This is my first grow. It was from fem seed, to clone. 4 clones here. So you're saying it's for sure the buds have been seeded? All of them? I probably stressed them and one hermied... I won't be able to find the banana.

20230130 011149394

Goodshit97

Goodshit97

No. No.. No... I knew it... I had found a weird looking flower one day and asked about it and people were like oh don't worry it's cause you touched it or some other stuff. I didn't touch it and said a leaf was resting on it. But it had all retracted hairs and they were turning red. This was like 2 weeks ago.

This is my first grow. It was from fem seed, to clone. 4 clones here. So you're saying it's for sure the buds have been seeded? All of them? I probably stressed them and one hermied... I won't be able to find the banana.

View attachment 1325115
Itll be okay, just pick around the seeds. Like everyone smoked seeded buds at one time, and you wont have seeds like it was actually pollinated with a male, itll be a few here and there.

DabbertGlobberfield

DabbertGlobberfield

Itll be okay, just pick around the seeds. Like everyone smoked seeded buds at one time, and you wont have seeds like it was actually pollinated with a male, itll be a few here and there.
I don't know, after someone else responded earlier I pulled 8 random bracts from different random locations across 2 plants and they all had those little fuckers in there. I hate those little seed things. When I pull 8 bracts from the other two plants later today at lights on to check and if all 8 have those stupid fucking things it will be hard to talk me out of cutting this all down because it's trash to me now. I probly won't but I feel aggravated and betrayed and I'm starting to have chop them down early and wash it all for hash fantasies.

E

elusiveshame

This is my first grow. It was from fem seed, to clone. 4 clones here. So you're saying it's for sure the buds have been seeded? All of them? I probably stressed them and one hermied... I won't be able to find the banana

Not all buds will have seeds. You could check another one to verify, though.

If there’s no pollen sacks, then seeds will be isolated to where bananas show up. From what I understand (and I could be wrong), bananas won’t pollinate other plants, only the area they grow in. If you see a banana, it’s too late and it’s already pollinated on its way out (if it isn’t sterile). So plucking them off won’t really do anything.

I had a handful of bananas on my first grow, and I never got any seeds from that plant. Same with the other plant right next to it (just no bananas), and both plants smoked really good.

Even if there are seeds, pluck’em out and grow them, especially if you enjoy the bud.

Goodshit97

Goodshit97

I don't know, after someone else responded earlier I pulled 8 random bracts from different random locations across 2 plants and they all had those little fuckers in there. I hate those little seed things. When I pull 8 bracts from the other two plants later today at lights on to check and if all 8 have those stupid fucking things it will be hard to talk me out of cutting this all down because it's trash to me now. I probly won't but I feel aggravated and betrayed and I'm starting to have chop them down early and wash it all for hash fantasies.
Just let them run their course. Looks like you are getting close now anyways. Just let them finish then decide what to do. I would just pick around the seeds unless its loaded like you say, and then it would just go to making hash, which is always welcome in my home. I love hash, almost more than flower itself.

Gmix

Gmix

Don’t bin it bud

Sorry to hear you wasn’t advised well.

If you really can’t stand seeded bud then you can at least turn it into oil, kief or buy some bubble bags and make your hash dreams come true.

If you want to make bubble ect let them finish or it will be not that nice.

You could even make some cakes / cannabis butter or other edibles

A trim bin doesn’t cost much on Amazon & will make ok kief & you can buy cheep bubble bags.

Personally Prefer more expensive bubble bags however that’s because I make a lotta of bubble.

As said you can still smoke it however sounds like you really don’t like seeded bud.

Just trying to give you some options rather than bin it.

I feel for you bud it’s does do your head in when it happens

All the best

Last edited:
AmiT

AmiT

They deserve to live their entire time 😋 As said by others, it is not like if a real male was involved, so you won't have 'full of seeds' buds. Sensimilia is the need, but nevermind for this time.

2Bad

2Bad

Not all buds will have seeds. You could check another one to verify, though.

If there’s no pollen sacks, then seeds will be isolated to where bananas show up. From what I understand (and I could be wrong), bananas won’t pollinate other plants, only the area they grow in. If you see a banana, it’s too late and it’s already pollinated on its way out (if it isn’t sterile). So plucking them off won’t really do anything.

I had a handful of bananas on my first grow, and I never got any seeds from that plant. Same with the other plant right next to it (just no bananas), and both plants smoked really good.

Even if there are seeds, pluck’em out and grow them, especially if you enjoy the bud.
This

DabbertGlobberfield

DabbertGlobberfield

wait wait wait......

If I am correct in my nomenclature, ie premature seed things, like what I pictured above, are called ovules, then to confirm:

Do all bracts/calyxes have ovules in them, no matter what, because it is just part of cannabis biology?

I feel stupid for asking this because I have been smoking for decades and feel like I only noticed it in some bud and not others. So I was thinking, here, that these were developing because either the bracts were pollinated or because another part of the plant was pollinated and it was developing these to get ready for pollen or something.

Last edited:
TSD

TSD

wait wait wait......

If I am correct in my nomenclature, ie premature seed things, like what I pictured above, are called ovules, then to confirm:

Do all bracts/calyxes have ovules in them, no matter what, because it is just part of cannabis biology?

I feel stupid for asking this because I have been smoking for decades and feel like I only noticed it in some bud and not others. So I was thinking, here, that these were developing because either the bracts were pollinated or because another part of the plant was pollinated and it was developing these to get ready for pollen or something.
Yes all calyxes on females have ovules, that is where the pistils, or hairs grow from, to catch the male pollen to fertilize the ovule and grow a seed. Some are bigger and harder and seem like an immature seed, some are tiny and soft and barely noticeable to the naked eye... it all comes down to genetics, and with all the crazy things we do with breeding these ladies and all the crazy ferts they get, it's no wonder that some have big beefy ovules that seem like seeds right from jump street. Just like human ladies, all bodies are made differently but all are beautiful in thier own way. 😊 Go ahead and dig through some calyxes on fems... there's always gonna be an ovule... no ovules, no hairs... and there are some strains that have very few hairs too, so maybe some strains have all but bred out the ovules to make a sterile female, bred only for consumption, with no plans for reproduction via seeds. This poor plant has experienced evolution at light speed thanks to us humans interfering... hopefully her lovely natural essence and core structure isn't lost forever in a few more decades of breeding in pursuit of ridiculous thc levels.

TSD

TSD

Just like human females are born with all the eggs they'll ever have inside thier tiny ovaries. 🤷‍♀️

DabbertGlobberfield

DabbertGlobberfield

So then, if all bracts/calyxes have ovules as the reproductive structure within, how was it determined that the bract and ovule I posted would have developed into a seed?

TSD

TSD

So then, if all bracts/calyxes have ovules as the reproductive structure within, how was it determined that the bract and ovule I posted would have developed into a seed?
The pic you posted does look like it may be pollinated because the ovule seems enlarged and possibly has something forming inside... and the stigmas, the hairs that protrude beyond the bracts, are brown, which usually only happens in immature plants when pollination takes place.
2 Cannabis Pistillate Flower OShaughnessys RBG 2

Latest posts

Top Bottom