would tis work?

• Thread starter JonathonStrange
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
J

JonathonStrange

I have a bat wing reflector. If i were able to get a piece of glass and stick it to the bottom, would this help vent the heat off the plants and out the sides. Would love some thoughts.

Seamaiden

Seamaiden

Living dead girl
No, you'd have to be able to seal it. Get the space ventilated, that's your best bet. By ventilation I mean moving air THROUGH the area, not just moving air like what an oscillating fan does.

O

Once

you can buy a cool tube and attach it to the bat wing.i've seen a couple folks do this with good results but you'd need to have an extractor fan cooling the cool tube.

HookedonPonics

HookedonPonics

It depends what your trying to do, if your trying to completely vent the heat it's not gonna be efficient or work at all, but if trying to keep it bare and sealed it may reduce the heat a little at canopy level by sending the heat elsewhere in the garden with an oscillating fan pointed thru it, it won't reduce the load on your ac whatsoever and will actually cause you to lose lumens on your canopy, I would just keep the wing and point a fan on it to keep that heat circulating evenly instead of creating hot spots

caregiverken

caregiverken

Fear Not!
Supporter
That's what I do.

I have my mothers on a table in a bedroom. 600w MH
I have a fan pointed at the light. and that's it.
and the AC runs most of the day in there anyway..

ttystikk

ttystikk

the fewer panes of glass- or whatever- that the light has to pass through on its way to your plants, the better. I recommend against having panes of glass or even cooltubes, as you end up losing a lot of light that way. Unless your garden has so many lights that good ventilation is inadequate, keep the fixture open, point a fan at it, and pull hot air out of the top of the room and push cool air in the bottom.

J

JonathonStrange

trust me ttys the idea was quickly filed in the bad idea folder lol

Top Bottom