Would you use this moldy soil?

• Thread starter Mothman
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
Mothman

Mothman

Would you use this moldy soil

Hey farmers, I’m guessing this moldy Happy Frog soil is still good to use for up-potting my plant, but I’m not sure. Anyone have experience with this?

V

ViolettaLiz

I'm not sure that I would with my cannabis. I haven't had it happen. I have had the spores grow with regular houseplants and I have used peroxide to kill it.

Imzzaudae

Imzzaudae

There is mould in all soils. This is mould in flower. It will not hurt your crop but I would not suggest that you use the soil. You don't want to be breathing it or spreading it around your home or grow tent. Toss it in a compost bin wind at your back.

Captspaulding

Captspaulding

What’s the matter? Don’t like clowns? 🤡
Supporter
Now, that is a bag I would swap if I could, but imzz is correct, on the mold, is got healthy amounts of myco. Most likely sat and got wet, and then warm enough to grow a mat to colonize. I would mix it and dry it .

Mothman

Mothman

Now, that is a bag I would swap if I could, but imzz is correct, on the mold, is got healthy amounts of myco. Most likely sat and got wet, and then warm enough to grow a mat to colonize. I would mix it and dry it .
Thanks all! It may have gotten wet at some point, but it’s not more than barely damp now.

The clods in the photo are actually pretty dry inside and riddled with white stuff (mycorrhizae?) so I’ve mashed them and mixed it all together. I understand the caution with using it, but my thinking falls more in line with El Capitán. There’s probably a mycopolis in that bag! Just not gonna breathe it.

Latest posts

Top Bottom