Wow I've been shocked! I had no idea

• Thread starter JadedMarxist
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
JadedMarxist

JadedMarxist

Supporter
Miracle grow or Scott's turf, have bought general hydroponics, botencare and they own gravita.

I had no idea, as I was looking for a new light recently I was seriously considering gravita because of the good reviews. Man I'm glad I went with good old tried tested and true hid light.

I'd be asking for a refund I've never get if I went gravita simply because I will never knowingly give my hard earned cash to a criminal cancer causing planet destroying company like Scott's.

I just wanted to put this out there for general knowledge. Miracle grow God damn disgusting.

Thankfully I use the first Canadian company that made there line of nutes specifically for my beloved mj 50 years ago optimum hydroponix. But I'd ditch them in a heart beat if I found out a pesticide making lieing company like Scott's owned them. Unbelievable boycott gravida and gn probably full of population controlling pesticides and heavy metals like there miracle grow line.

JadedMarxist

JadedMarxist

Supporter
Na in 84 I wss 3 years old lol buy any company spraying pesticides made for there military to eradicate mj crops, is not a company I wanna be buying my mj supplies from.

WTf am I saying soon enough it won't be I'm a camadian it'll be I'm a scotttonian or not American it'll be Walmartion or amazon Ian. I'm from the country of visa.

All 3 are making a fortune off this flu 19 while there competeing buisness go out of buisness. No cash credit only cha Ching for any lender.

MIGrampaUSA

MIGrampaUSA

Na in 84 I wss 3 years old lol buy any company spraying pesticides made for there military to eradicate mj crops, is not a company I wanna be buying my mj supplies from.

WTf am I saying soon enough it won't be I'm a camadian it'll be I'm a scotttonian or not American it'll be Walmartion or amazon Ian. I'm from the country of visa.

All 3 are making a fortune off this flu 19 while there competeing buisness go out of buisness. No cash credit only cha Ching for any lender.

Walmartion, Amazonian, Country of visa ... never thought of it that way but I do like the analogy ...

AnselAdams

AnselAdams

Supporter
I still use botanicare and sunlight supply. They employ Americans who rely on their paycheck regardless which corperation gets the profits. Get used to it. Monsato has interest or outright owns at least 100 food companies in the us. Companies like Kraft.

True that! There are only a handful of food originators. Trace the linage of just about any food company you can name and you will eventually end up at one of the top 5. Money talks, the rest are just flappin' their gums....

I too use Botanicare and one of the main reasons is that they employ Americans, we are all just trying to friggin' survive. The top dogs are platinum stock purchases/ownership; who else do you think can afford those stocks (hint: politicians of all stripes; ever known a poor politician?); the very same ones with the responsibility for policing the market. The Fox, watching the hen house. Support what you can and hope they have a sense of social consciousness. 🥂 🍻

And F* those who don't!!

just sayin' ☺ (i think it's time to burn one... maybe 2)

Peace Out 🙏

Last edited:
JadedMarxist

JadedMarxist

Supporter
I agree as to why I pay a bit more for my home grown nutrients blends.

Montesaro aim is to control the world's food seed supply. They wanna patent there GMO seeds and then lawfully make it so us hobby gardeners won't be able to breed seeds legaly like they do already with there GMO food seeds.

There ceo already said he wants to invest 500million into taking over the recreational mj and MEd industry's.

I already go out of my way to source non GMO products as much as I can. These are the same company that has been trying to poison your guerrilla grows for the last 100years by spreading poison over your neighbourhoods. Aspartame which is nothing but a toxic pesticide that they add to our food, I'm sorry but a couple of jobs lost to save the world is a worthy sacrifice to me.

This is why as bad as the Canadian legalization has been I'm so glad it happened because I had high hopes morally that it would produce better quality products but it has actually done the opposite and now greedy corporations are putting out inferior products and flooding the market with crap its all you can buy.

Really if gm was producing the gas used by German death camp during the jewish genocide, would you still be buying gm made cars?

I'm not even the guy who wants all natural organic weed, like some of you are you still gonna smoke if it's all controlled by one company that is gonna GMO every seed?

Not me ill quit it all before that happens or imagine getting sued by them because your neighbour grew there seeds and pollen blew into your yard and pollinated your natural plants only to be sued by them?

It's happened already to a Canadian farmer for that matter. Greed is the scourge.

Ive been a normal member since I could make my own decisions, but not anymore not because we won and got legal because where is the passion for growing quality safe mj like during proabition? No now everyone jumping on the Capitolist band waggon the passion has turned into low quality products with synthized terpens or food colouring, or greedy fuks claim there extraction process is using co2 in reality there using cheap dirty butane. Any passionate grower should be up in arms about this.

Military weapons designers now controlling food distribution some ppl have and never really had any morals.

That's why North Korea and Russia look like good places to go when the corporations take over.

MIMedGrower

MIMedGrower

I agree as to why I pay a bit more for my home grown nutrients blends.

Montesaro aim is to control the world's food seed supply. They wanna patent there GMO seeds and then lawfully make it so us hobby gardeners won't be able to breed seeds legaly like they do already with there GMO food seeds.

There ceo already said he wants to invest 500million into taking over the recreational mj and MEd industry's.

I already go out of my way to source non GMO products as much as I can. These are the same company that has been trying to poison your guerrilla grows for the last 100years by spreading poison over your neighbourhoods. Aspartame which is nothing but a toxic pesticide that they add to our food, I'm sorry but a couple of jobs lost to save the world is a worthy sacrifice to me.

This is why as bad as the Canadian legalization has been I'm so glad it happened because I had high hopes morally that it would produce better quality products but it has actually done the opposite and now greedy corporations are putting out inferior products and flooding the market with crap its all you can buy.

Really if gm was producing the gas used by German death camp during the jewish genocide, would you still be buying gm made cars?

I'm not even the guy who wants all natural organic weed, like some of you are you still gonna smoke if it's all controlled by one company that is gonna GMO every seed?

Not me ill quit it all before that happens or imagine getting sued by them because your neighbour grew there seeds and pollen blew into your yard and pollinated your natural plants only to be sued by them?

It's happened already to a Canadian farmer for that matter. Greed is the scourge.

Ive been a normal member since I could make my own decisions, but not anymore not because we won and got legal because where is the passion for growing quality safe mj like during proabition? No now everyone jumping on the Capitolist band waggon the passion has turned into low quality products with synthized terpens or food colouring, or greedy fuks claim there extraction process is using co2 in reality there using cheap dirty butane. Any passionate grower should be up in arms about this.

Military weapons designers now controlling food distribution some ppl have and never really had any morals.

That's why North Korea and Russia look like good places to go when the corporations take over.

Better not eat any of this.

• Aunt Jemima
  • Aurora Foods
  • Banquet
  • Best Foods
  • Betty Crocker
  • Bisquick
  • Cadbury
  • Campbell’s
  • Capri Sun
  • Carnation
  • Chef Boyardee
  • Coca Cola
  • ConAgra
  • Delicious Brand Cookies
  • Duncan Hines
  • Famous Amos
  • Frito Lay
  • General Mills
  • Green Giant
  • Healthy Choice
  • Heinz
  • Hellman’s
  • Hershey’s Nestle
  • Holsum
  • Hungry Jack
  • Hunts
  • Interstate Bakeries
  • Jiffy
  • KC Masterpiece
  • Keebler/Flowers Industries
  • Kelloggs
  • Kid Cuisine
  • Knorr
  • Kool-Aid
  • Kraft/Phillip Morris
  • Lean Cuisine
  • Lipton
  • Loma Linda
  • Marie Callenders
  • Minute Maid
  • Morningstar
  • Butterworths
  • Nabisco
  • Nature Valley
  • Ocean Spray
  • Ore-Ida
  • Orville Redenbacher
  • Pasta- Roni
  • Pepperidge Farms
  • Pepsi
  • Pillsbury
  • Pop Secret
  • Post Cereals
  • Power Bar Brand
  • Prego Pasta Sauce
  • Pringles
  • Procter and Gamble
  • Quaker
  • Ragu Sauce
  • Rice-A-Roni
  • Smart Ones
  • Stouffers
  • Shweppes
  • Tombstone Pizza
  • Totinos
  • Uncle Ben’s
  • Unilever
  • V8

JadedMarxist

JadedMarxist

Supporter
That can't be correct! I pretty sure w Pepsi and coke are not owned by the same company general mills I thought was owned by the motts family.

Of course I have no choice but to eat some of that as I don't have the choice plus alot of that I wouldn't put on my plate anyways.

Whoever controls the food will control the world. Wait untill water starts to actually cost what it's tru worth is. Thank God I live in a country with 90%of the world fresh water untill America nukes the shit out of us for it or gives a water patent to company's like that

JadedMarxist

JadedMarxist

Supporter
I actually hate the path humanity is on and I don't see things getting better. I worry for my child what a fuked up place earth will be in another generation as to why I only had 1 kid. Not 10 for bigger welfare checks. Global warming and now pandemics are our own doing but ppl warned about over population. How we survived as long as we have is mind boggling like a virus invading a host body when we destroy this one we will move on to the next body we can corrupt.

Sad state of affairs were into. Where are the Fukin aliens? Probably don't even want our solar systems most valuable resource because we filled our oceans with toxins there sitting back laughing at us because we are gonna be the real extinction even to finally give the earth some peace.

It makes me so mad that all these hippys who wanted to save the world now just want money. Greed is a Fukin disease that infecting us all already. If I was 20 years younger I'd move to Alaska and dissapear fuk humanity I want no part of it now.

Even the green peace is now more about money then protecting the environment Greta thunberg is a puppet autistic toll being used by the greedy corporations and her own child abusing parents.

Fuk I could go on and on time for a some dabs for some peace and quiet from all the voices in my head lol.

JadedMarxist

JadedMarxist

Supporter
Coke is owned by Warren buffet and Pepsi is owned by Pepsi Co between them they acyually own most of the company's you listed unless there front company's but then we would never know that

MIMedGrower

MIMedGrower

That can't be correct! I pretty sure w Pepsi and coke are not owned by the same company general mills I thought was owned by the motts family.

Of course I have no choice but to eat some of that as I don't have the choice plus alot of that I wouldn't put on my plate anyways.

Whoever controls the food will control the world. Wait untill water starts to actually cost what it's tru worth is. Thank God I live in a country with 90%of the world fresh water untill America nukes the shit out of us for it or gives a water patent to company's like that

I used a source that defends your position on this.

JadedMarxist

JadedMarxist

Supporter
The Motley Fool

Search
Ticker or Keyword
Click here for an update from The Motley Fool Co-Founders Tom and David Gardner.

No, These Food Companies Are Not Owned by Monsanto
If you’re modifying your grocery list to avoid GMOs, here’s the real skinny.
Alyce Lomax
Alyce Lomax
(TMFLomax)
Updated: Oct 16, 2018 at 12:00PM
Published: Apr 10, 2013 at 5:30PM
Author Bio
A meme that's recently enjoying some frequent sharing through social media like Facebook lists well-known consumer brands and companies, stating they are "owned" by genetically modified seeds giant Monsanto (NYSE: MON) and therefore, anyone who doesn't want to consume GMO foods should avoid them. Actually, though, it's not really accurate.

In many cases, some of the listed companies' brands do indirectly rely on Monsanto (and other companies that make genetically modified agricultural products) for ingredients. Are these brands or companies owned by Monsanto? No: That part's hogwash.

Here's the skinny on Monsanto and the grocery list.

Frozen food aisle in a grocery store
IMAGE SOURCE: GETTY IMAGES.

Digging deeper into that anti-grocery list
The way Monsanto indirectly sneaks into Americans' grocery carts is simply that it genetically modifies seeds for common crops. So do other companies like DuPont, but they receive far less public scrutiny than Monsanto.

There are different variations of the anti-Monsanto social meme floating around, claiming that companies and brands like Procter & Gamble (NYSE:PG), PepsiCo (NASDAQ:PEP), Coca-Cola, and other household names are owned by Monsanto.

This is completely untrue. Those of us who are investors know that consumer giants like these are in fact public companies, owned by shareholders and certainly not Monsanto.

One list making the rounds has some pretty overt mistakes even beyond the ownership claim.

For example, list member "Kraft/Philip Morris" no longer exists. Those two were once a giant conglomerate, and they parted ways about six years ago. More recently, Kraft split up, with Mondelez keeping the high-growth snack sector (including brands like Cadbury and Nabisco) while spinning off Kraft grocery brands, such as the iconic Kraft Macaroni & Cheese.

Some outrageous typos also tipped off a list lacking much thought or fact-checking. "Minute Made," "Cool-aid," and "Sweppes" aren't exactly on shopping lists in the first place, because technically, those aren't the products' names.

The spirit of the list can't be denied, though, and it's the reason the meme gets circulated: Many consumers simply aren't armed with the information they desire, and labels and marketing claims can be confusing. For example, brands like Kashi, Bear Naked, and Gardenburger are all owned by Kellogg (NYSE:K); products like these that say they are "natural" aren't necessarily organic. So if you're avoiding GMOs, beware.

The straight dope on GMOs in your food
The majority of American processed food likely contains GM ingredients from crops grown with engineered seeds.That's because just about all conventional U.S. corn and soybeans now have foreign genes. These genes allow soybeans to resist a common herbicide, and engineer corn to produce its own insecticide.

A massive number of American products utilize corn or soy as crucial ingredients. Anyone who pays attention to high-fructose corn syrup has probably noticed how frequently that ingredient substitutes for cane sugar, for example. Consumers' best way to avoid such foods is to buy organic, which by definition excludes genetically modified organisms, or GMOs.

Whole Foods Market (NASDAQ: WFM) is a safe place for GMO skeptics to shop, since so many of its products are in fact organic, and many of its suppliers have voluntarily certified and clearly labeled their products as GMO-free. In fact, Whole Foods recently announced that it will require all of its suppliers to label products containing GMOs by 2018.

This is a huge victory for all those who have fought in favor of labeling campaigns, even if they'd prefer political action. Voluntary actions in the marketplace are a healthier, more forward-thinking way to go, and you'd better believe Whole Foods is in a better investing position because of it. For many, there's a real market need for information and peace of mind with minimal hard-core research.

Losing a battle, winning the war
Some of the companies on the list did in fact financially band with Monsanto to try to defeat California Proposition 37 in November, which would have required GMO labeling. Companies including Monsanto kicked in somewhere in the neighborhood of $40 million to defeat the proposition.

Despite the defeat, though, some huge companies like Wal-Mart and PepsiCo have reportedly met with lawmakers about labeling GMOs. In other words, rumor has it that companies have decided to do something about this, because more and more propositions are cropping up in other states. These companies have deep pockets, but not enough to utilize millions in shareholder money to try to defeat GMO labeling laws in state after state.

The FDA has long contended that genetic modification doesn't materially change the foods in question, but if that's the line the agency and other GMO proponents are selling, many people aren't buying it. They deserve transparency if they'd rather eat GMO-free.

The best defense
Ill-informed memes and incorrect viral phenomena do more harm than good for the issues at hand, as sharable and compelling as these items might seem. Taking online claims with a few grains of salt (and maybe even doing some Snopes.com debunking) helps protect consumers from misinformation.

The good news is that consumers do have access to more information than ever before. The bad news is that we need to subject it to a lot of critical thinking to make sure we even have the real facts. "Buyer, beware" still applies.

Hopefully the more people who shop according to their values, the more companies will choose transparency and meet consumer demands for heightened information. For now, we still have to do a lot of digging into public filings and other accurate sources. It's worth it, though: Being armed with correct information is the best defense.

Today: Motley Fool is offering Canadians 65% off its market-beating stock-picking service

Many investors fear market crashes. However, long-term investors should embrace this crash, because bear markets can potentially allow you to make millions. So if you’re tired of reading about other people getting rich in the stock market, this might be a good day for you.

Because Motley Fool Canada is offering a full 65% off the list price of their top stock-picking service, plus a complete membership fee back guarantee on what you pay for the service. Simply click here to discover how you can take advantage of this.

Alyce Lomax owns shares of Whole Foods Market. The Motley Fool recommends Coca-Cola, Facebook, PepsiCo, Procter & Gamble, and Whole Foods Market. The Motley Fool owns shares of Facebook, PepsiCo, and Whole Foods Market. Try any of our Foolish newsletter services free for 30 days. We Fools may not all hold the same opinions, but we all believe that considering a diverse range of insights makes us better investors. The Motley Fool has a disclosure policy.

Motley Fool Returns
STOCK ADVISOR
S&P 500
341%
75%
Stock Advisor launched in February of 2002. Returns as of 04/08/2020.

Join Stock Advisor
Cumulative Growth of a $10,000 Investment in Stock Advisor
Calculated by Time-Weighted Return
Motley Fools Stock Advisor has out performed the market by over 200% over the last 18 years
STOCKS
Kellogg Stock Quote
Kellogg
NYSE:K
$62.55down$0.96(-1.51%)
PepsiCo Stock Quote
PepsiCo
NASDAQ:PEP
$130.48down$0.68(-0.52%)
Procter & Gamble Stock Quote
Procter & Gamble
NYSE:PG
$112.77down$-5.04(-4.28%)
RELATED ARTICLES
3 Stocks to Stock Your Pantry as flu Escalates
Why Consumer Staples Stocks Surged Today
Why Kellogg Stock Fell 11% in February
Kellogg Co (K) Q4 2019 Earnings Call Transcript
Kellogg Shares Plunge on Weakening Profits: Where Does It Go From Here?

NEXT ARTICLE
Terms of Use Privacy Policy Accessibility Policy Copyright, Trademark and Patent Information Terms and Conditions Do Not

JadedMarxist

JadedMarxist

Supporter
I worked at the longest continusly running buisness in Ontario for about 15 years, a flour mill. And I ended up quitting due to what I saw really happened and how things were done. After 15 years I'd had enough and it was making me physically sick to my stomach everyday going to work.

If you think anything is truly organic, here's an eye opener for ya. First of all never buy compliments (sobeys brand) great value (Walmart brand) or selections (A&P brand or metro brand now) flour because it's all made at the same company and it was litteraly the worst quality flour ever! We would sell it wholesale to bakeries all over the world (pizza hut alone was 10million yearly contract), and the bakeries general mills would use it and found lots of times it didn't meet there specs.

We would go pick it up and sometimes it tested to high in what's called vematoxins and rust disease. Or failed penuy testing we would instead of destroying it or using it for animal feed, we would blow it into a silo and repackage it for the big 3 grocery company's.

We would wait on returns to fill any of those orders. Never made fresh flour for them. Ever.

Organics need to be certified but not by the government or health Canada but by the flour mill owned certification company. Never had organic fail it's certification how could it it was certified in house. On top of that we would mill the wheat into semolina bran and flour. We then strip the wheat of all its natural vitamins and minerals then certify it organic then before packaging we would add in synthetic additives like chemical aa25 which is a citric acid presertive riboflavin and ever other nutrients you think is is flour.

Imo that's not organic when a bunch of chemicals are added after the testing been done.

I watched ppl sweeping the floor scoup up black floor sweeping and just dump it into the big being packed from as it was aerated and mixed the black floor dirt into the grey flour.

That was expected of us.

Also bleach is rarely used to whiten flour anymore to expensive so instead of bleach they use pool cleaning chemicals bromiene for the USA because of high gluten content not allowed in Canada and chlorine for bleached flour to be sold in Canada. We would sell flour to the Carribean under the brand ok healthful flour without any actual vitamins and call it fortified. I spent almost everything I had for 2 years in court with them that they basically won because there pockets were so deep they just waited till went broke and could no longer continue to fight them.

That's a tru story on my life I'm court ordered to not disclose any decisions made or the name of the flour mill by a gag order.

I'll never work with food again it's the dirtiest corrupt slimyest industry 2nd to the Scott's miracle grow company's of the world.

Our flour mill failed 5 government cfia health audits within 1 month regs say after 2 consecutive failures export licences revoked for set amount of time, well we never hiccuped the government is screwing the public in big corporation pockets. Took me almost 5 hard working years to recover from the financial crippling tactics the slime balls used so much they withheld my roes and t4s for over 2 years so I could not claim ei or file my taxes with a heafty late charge to pay. The government would not help me my union bailed on me I hired a lawyer who had to physically sit in there head office untill they gave me my paperwork there excuse is the paperwork legally has to be given to me within 7 days of my termination and they told my lawyer they forgot about for over almoay 2 years. Then my lawyer gave me some advise cut my losses I'll never win even tho I'm in the right I will 100%lose. After all that them dirtbags told me I could have my job back and half my wages and no employment protection if I farted to loud I'd be fired and my useless corrupt union advised me to take it as its better than minimum wage.

Now I'm better position then I ever was ill neve r work for anyone again but myself. Even this corona virus shutdowns hasn't even made a financial dent in my buisness.

But if I had 6 months to live I'd go postal and shoot the head office up without warning or thinking twice about it.

Top Bottom