wow newbie to coco and I learnt fast

• Thread starter Rudy
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
Rudy

Rudy

Hi you all!!! Man I have read alot about coco and how much to water and when and I have come to this conclusion bends how its my first time to use this medium that you sure as heck dont wanna overwater...I almost lost every plant due to over watering I have found that if its a little baby girl dont flood her let the coco dry out about 70 percent or more hell its a weed and can survive hot temps as it was when I lived in KS so I myself watered the coco as if the plant needed it and then wondered why my leaves were all curled and to no avail it was over watering..oh well I learned and hope this make someone happy I have read to water when its dry to the first knuckle and on and on, yep thats true maybe if you have a plant in flower and shes hungary but still less is best, let her dry out to a degree and then add some water heck with it as long as she has water she will stealth out on you...oh well hope this dosent offend anyone as I dont know shi but I know this...DONT OVER WATER THE BUD

FreedomTrain

FreedomTrain

Yea the easiest way to tell when to feed your coco is when the bag is light.When it has enough water its heavy. Or if in soil when it looks dry and keep a log when you water too. Easy peezy lemon squeezy. I do remember when I did start with coco I did over water. But plants did't die. Just let the medium dry out. The plants were strong thank god.

Rudy

Rudy

yeah and ty I know and I almost lost them but I know now and Im gonna show some pics of the ones I over watered man so please watch I just wanna show some guys and gals whats up when you do over water your plants

Sickplant
Rudy

Rudy

that pic above is of a lovely girl who has gnats and all the snit so with this watch this....Im gonna repost some killer pics that pic is of a girl thats 7 weeks old...yal tell me what a mess man....but shes gonna wake us all up watch and see she is totally alive and I put caps bennies on her now so watch the show ok

Danked

Danked

Hey guys... Been a member at some other grow forums for about a year now, but just found this one today and signed up. I'm still a newbie by most standards, but I'm on my 3rd grow in coco, so I've learned a little something about it. Like what FreedomTrain said up there... it's best to water when the growing container becomes about 50% as heavy as when it's fully saturated. I've found it works best for me when I water about once a day, but that's for mature flowering plants. If they're young and in coco, let the coco dry out about 75% before watering it again, and do that 'til the plant becomes root bound. And when I say 'root bound', I don't mean that in a bad way... I just mean once the plant has filled the container with roots all the way to the drainage holes. That's when you can start watering more frequently. Hell, I've even read/heard of people watering mature flowering plants in coco up to 3-5 times a day (with smaller PPM feedings) and having great success. That's one thing about coco that's great for beginners, it's really hard to over-water.

Rudy

Rudy

hey man I am totally hearing on this you opened my eyes man and this is what I have found out to I have been tuning in this coco and its been a pain for me man Im so use to soil but buddy I have charged the coco now, add caps bennies and man shit is going ok for a bit my one girl is flowering to beat the band man but hey lets see what this blockhead and green kush does oh well Im outta here ok holler at me and ty for the info guy...this site rocks so go look around nad see whats up I go to like 3 diffrent sites so its all good take care.....

Gamrstwin36

Gamrstwin36

What you guys recommend watering 3 gallon smart pots of coco..just started bloom,,i normally watered twice a week in veg. Think everyday now im in bloom ia cool?? Doing dtw.hand watering. Open to thoughts. Thanks in advanced

Rudy

Rudy

Hey guy water the coco ok but dont EVER water with plain water meaning coco is a medium man and if you add like caps bennies or even a tea you make and then add straight tsp water you could kill alot of your microbes in your soil so man dont do it ok..just use water thats distilled or set out in a jug for at least 24 hrs and then use that..add your nutes to that guy go like maybe 1/2 strength on nutes then go up every week alittle while in flower just watch it give it a good dose of food and then wait till the coco drys alittle look at your girl if shes perked your ok and if not give her about a quarter tsp of bloom nutes or maybe more and waatch her blast off..coco rocks to me so hope this helps you

Danked

Danked

Just a suggestion, if you haven't heard of it and you're a beginner with coco..check out 'the lucas method'. It's a nutrient feeding 'program', and there's a modified version created by this dude named GratefulH3ad, specifically for coco. Using general hydro nutes in this ratio: 6ml flora micro, 9ml flora bloom (30-50% strength for the first few feedings). Use just those 2 (yes, that's right, no grow...I promise it works without it) in that exact ratio as your base nutrients from week 2 in veg, all the way til 5 weeks into flowering. Then you can go to 6ml/12ml ratio, add some powered koolbloom, OR (1 of the 3, or you'll burn them) even liquid koolbloom, something for some extra PK. Straight water for the last 10-14 days (RO or distilled please). Keep in mind, the 6ml micro, 9ml bloom is only your base nutrients (covering your NPK and most of your micro nutes), so you can use other additives. I've used products like hygrozyme (for the root zone), great white (myco's for transplanting and such). I've also used roots organics HP2 and HPK in flower. There's a wide range of additives out there, do some tinkering and see what works best for you. Remember, you're always going to want some extra cal-mag in coco too. Gen. hydro's 'calimagic' works well because its lower on nitrogen then all the other cal/mag supplements out there and has a higher amount of cal in it then botanicare's cal-mag plus. If extra mg. is needed, simply use epsom salts. I'm not a huge 'synthetic' nutrient fan myself, but this works well in coco. And if followed correctly, flushed properly, and especially dried and cured right...this method will give you good results. booom

Rudy

Rudy

Man I appreciate this so much can I ask you some thing I just started a new plant in coco BEFORE i started her I flushed her with warm TAP water then I added distilled water with caps benies THEN I put the seed in and shes up..Do i wait 2 weeks and then add a weak solution? Also right now I have only fox farms nutes the one I have now is Grow Big..will this work for now...we will start here with the questions and also I have Big Bloom and Tiger Bloom may I ask you this, from what you said above can I just add like big bloom or tiger bloom and say hell with the grow big? Also how much epsom salt should I use and how often do I need to flush the pots for the salt build up or do I need to..thanks guy if you have any questions for me please ask I am trying to tune this in and I am saving all info you send me so your not wasting your time ok..ty so much

Danked

Danked

I personally don't have any experience with fox farms' nutes... nor Heavy 16's. But I've heard good things about both. To each their own, ya know? I guess the best advice I can give anyone is to read, read, grow, read, experiement, read, read some more, then grow some more...... then read and grow some more. The more information and grows you 'get under your belt', the better you'll be at this....fact.

nkga

nkga

Hey guys.
I have been using house and gardens full coco line in straight house and harder coco. All the grow shops kept telling me to cut the nutes in half and water once a day. I called h&g and the rep told me to just follow the online calculator and if anything just cut the a&b by 25%. I'm using 2.8 gallon air pots and it allows the coco to dry out a little bit. When I started I was nervous about overwatering, but once you get some good strong roots, it's hard to overwater. By the time I hit week 2 in flower, I'm up to 1 liter per feeding 3 times a day. But you need good strong roots before you get to that. My plant stay very healthy with this method. My leaf tips rarely burn and they stay pretty flat. Once and a while they will curl down a little and I might skip a feeding or 2 to correct it. Good luck

Top Bottom