Wow, really - test your led light panels?

• Thread starter Kebz
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
campaste420

campaste420

Hahah whatever is truth is truth no how it sounds. Thanks for the info dude! Do you have your Apache readings you could share with me?

tags420

tags420

Right here...

AT 36 combo

I have a youtube...greengenes garden....and I have a bunch of hand measurement though out the grow as well as updates all the time. I'm about to flip my next run which will have a few AT's as well as a DIY project.

campaste420

campaste420

Right here...

View attachment 424629

I have a youtube...greengenes garden....and I have a bunch of hand measurement though out the grow as well as updates all the time. I'm about to flip my next run which will have a few AT's as well as a DIY project.
Hahah i just watched your yield results before i saw this. Good job dude. That LED can definitely replace the 1000w. I think the little less yield is worth it because of all the energy saved including AC energy. Plus the LED buds def look like they have better trichome production. Did you get test results back yet?

tags420

tags420

I have been lagging hard on the testing. I finally just dropped the samples off today. Results should be back this week.

indonesia

indonesia

what do you think about "UFO" brand? the ones that come with the ballast. those are the bees knees. I recently tested two 500w led panels in bloom. The actual power output was only 600w or a little more but they gave me 3 more zones than one 6oow hps would have under the same circumstances. saved alot of power as well between the lights runnning cooler and not having to run the ac. the panels i have are cheapies too lol but they did great

Weed Dude

Weed Dude

what do you think about "UFO" brand? the ones that come with the ballast. those are the bees knees. I recently tested two 500w led panels in bloom. The actual power output was only 600w or a little more but they gave me 3 more zones than one 6oow hps would have under the same circumstances. saved alot of power as well between the lights runnning cooler and not having to run the ac. the panels i have are cheapies too lol but they did great
Not sure what you are referring too when you say " UFO" brand? Ia that they type of light or name of the company that makes the light?

indonesia

indonesia

its a brand. but people get confused because they think that all circular hanging LEDS are called UFO like its a style but its a brand. also anyone tried "kind" brand?

Weed Dude

Weed Dude

its a brand. but people get confused because they think that all circular hanging LEDS are called UFO like its a style but its a brand. also anyone tried "kind" brand?
Yeah I heard of Kind not seen any grows using them. Probably something on the tube about them....

I

itex25

I am on my first grow using only LED lights, I have two Apollo LEDs ;700watts each output,in a
4x4 gorilla tent, I got these lights on the Internet , ebay, they run about 325.00 and have a 2 yr warranty , 140 -5 watt bulbs , full spectrum, ....yada yad ya the bulb life is like 50000 hours, that's about eleven and a half years , in veg I have never seen a plant veg so intensely, short internodes, healthy green lush growth , great penetration into the canopy , then I put two of these same lights into my 4x4 ,they lit up about 8 plants they are in the 1st month of flower and a few are further along ....Durban poison, la chocolata,nlxbig bud, land race afghan, I'm a medical grower for my own needs in Colorado, so I am concentrating on quality that focuses on my medication, I like my trichon mellow and a bit darker than you see in most dispensery selections ,

indonesia

indonesia

nice bro looks good. i finished off an all led run last spring it was awesome but for some reason i decided to buy a thousand watt hps thinking i could yield more. its just been kind of a let down really. i was running a 600hps at the same time on the othercycle. utilities were out of control. im going back to led for good and selling all that other shite. so inefficient. ill post pics couple weeks

Seamaiden

Seamaiden

Living dead girl
Depends on what you're paying to run that HPS. Cheap on the front side can end up being really expensive on the backside, and yes, I've seen power bills approaching $1K/mth using just a couple of 600W bulbs. At that rate, the LEDs pay for themselves in a single flowering run.

dogznova

dogznova

I can't find the wattage specifications on that light, but I gotta believe that AT600 draws at least 700 total watts no? 600 watts for the LED array and 100 watts for the fans. I'm just guessing.

dogznova

dogznova

What manufacture led's are they, sorry my computer can't play vids right now.. DOH

MGRox

MGRox

@Joe Fresh
been looking over various lighting systems recently and those BML's are one of the 2 "top swingers" (Illumitex is the other) for the Horticulture industry, I suppose. I really like that they "underdrive" their LED's, so they should last a bit longer there. Though I can't provide any direct experience with that system, there is at least one Journal (another site) using these. If I was to ever build a DIY LED, I would most likely run @ 30-50% of max drive.

One thing I do know with LED's of any type; Temperature of the junction (inside the diode) is THE factor for color shift and longevity. I do not know of any Mfg, that is running junction temps low enough to get 50K hours @ full output. (e.g. illumitex neosol only hits 50,000 hours @ 70% power)

dogznova

dogznova

That BML spydr 600 is only 1,499.. Better price range for sure.

Thanks Joe

Top Bottom