Wow, really - test your led light panels?

• Thread starter Kebz
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
dogznova

dogznova

My bad.. I'm sure they are testing the SPYDR 1200 GROW-MAX Spectrum and that's 2,999.00... Yikes :eek:

Joe Fresh

Joe Fresh

That BML spyder 600 is only 1,499.. Better price range for sure.

Thanks Joe
no problem, was not my intention but if it helped you out then good for you lol ;)

i posted this up because i was curious about it...i mean i have seen tons of led vs hps...but this light tests vs only DE hps...so they are competing with the better end of the hps out there...and they look to be designed for the horticultural industry, like mentioned above, which for me is a big plus, i would rather spend my $ on something designed for them, rather than something designed for a basement grower, basically when things are designed to sell to the agricultural/horticultural industy, it is done on a large scale and at NORMAL priced, with proof to back up their claims....when it is designed to sell to "us" basement growers, they up the price and try and sell us cheap garbage...that being said, im still interested in what ppl who know about led lighting have to say about this light? i am an hps guy and have always been curious, but on a large scale like i do i need proof, before i go out and spend big bucks......i mean its a 5-12x price increase over hps lighting

dogznova

dogznova

I was looking into some Supplemental Spectrums from BML a while back for a far red project. The company seems to understand LED lighting.

3,000 to replace one HPS is a little out of my price range.. But would definitely like to see the outcome of that vid..

SupraSPL

SupraSPL

You guys probably know I use DIY only but I stumbled across this lamp on Amazon/ebay and it caught my attention claiming to have Vero COB chips. So I reached out to the company to see if they would send me a lamp to inspect and they did. It has genuine Vero 18 4000K powered by Mean Well LPC-60-1750 1.75A drivers (NPF-90-42, 2.15A for the Vero29). It uses glass COB lenses which work surprisingly well although it seems to shift the spectrum toward warmer white, so it is good that they used 4000K. The COB did run very very hot though (14% temp droop) , so the owner is making some changes and will be sending me another unit to check out. That works out to about 32% efficiency for the Vero18 and 36% for the Vero29. If the heat is under control I would dare say it could be the best commercial lamp out there and priced under $3/W. So if we get to the point where I give the lamp a thumbs up he will give me a discount code to share with the forums.

I am a bit confused by the website but if the 200W version is a pair of Vero 29s running at 2.15A for $500, that might be the ticket because the 6 COB unit might be overly concentrated.

Last edited:
Seamaiden

Seamaiden

Living dead girl
^^ I know that about 10+ years ago Cree wasn't just the LED reefers were investing in, it was also the company they were investing in. Those who did have done very well.

MrBelvedere

MrBelvedere

no problem, was not my intention but if it helped you out then good for you lol ;)

i posted this up because i was curious about it...i mean i have seen tons of led vs hps...but this light tests vs only DE hps...so they are competing with the better end of the hps out there...and they look to be designed for the horticultural industry, like mentioned above, which for me is a big plus, i would rather spend my $ on something designed for them, rather than something designed for a basement grower, basically when things are designed to sell to the agricultural/horticultural industy, it is done on a large scale and at NORMAL priced, with proof to back up their claims....when it is designed to sell to "us" basement growers, they up the price and try and sell us cheap garbage...that being said, im still interested in what ppl who know about led lighting have to say about this light? i am an hps guy and have always been curious, but on a large scale like i do i need proof, before i go out and spend big bucks......i mean its a 5-12x price increase over hps lighting

I have been looking at led lights for a long time thank you so much for posting the link for the BML, if you go to their website and read the product literature it seems to be the only product on the market that provides *totally customizable LED configurations*. So for rooting you can have a certain color spectrum, for veg you can have a perfect blue spectrum and for bloom you could have a perfect spectrum of both blue and red to keep the internode distant tight in bloom. The ballasts has no fan that can fail, it just uses a heat sink. Plus it seems to be the only one that has a customizable footprint that is perfect for a 4 x 4 tray. Amazing product and would pay for itself very quickly where electricity is high. And no yearly replacing bulbs like hid. To top it off if they have free pro consulting so you can configure the LED spectrum exactly as you need it, I don't know any other light company that offers professional consultation like that. Made in Texas. Thanks!!!
gives you idea of configurability of the pro model as well as small tubes.

Last edited:
dogznova

dogznova

@SupraSPL I will be interested in seeing what you come up with..

Thank you

Last edited:
indonesia

indonesia

Led

FiveAM

FiveAM

Do the LED's mess with your eyes? I don't know, it seems like looking at those pink/purple leds(not into them) would give me a fucking headache. I have pretty sensitive eyes and sun gives me headaches, so maybe it's just me.

indonesia

indonesia

recently went back to LED. I dont know why it took me so long. I got better yields with the LEDs right away but for some reason i made the mistake of going back to hps again. Anyway i upgraded to the 8x4 tent. 4sq ft less than my old cube shaped 6x6, but the rectangle shape is easier work with, more effecient to keep cool etc. Got the Vortex S Line 347cfm ductfan, runs at 66 watts full speed. and little quieter than my old fans. Got the 2 500w LED panels which burn about 260 watts each. they were $280 each which is actually pretty cheap compared to the namebrand leds out there. They dont require duct fans. No ac either, not yet anyway. It will get hotter out eventually and ill prob have to run the portable on low. Also turned veg back to 16/8 and dropped the 2 CFLs. Im going to get 2 more LEDs to finish off the other side of my 8x4 even then it still doesnt touch it. Im not an electrician but my utilities were out of control so i made some changes:)

old power consumption ....bloom 6x6 space.(roughly 3700watts)
1060 watts for 1000w hpsbulb, ballast, inline timer.
660 watts for 600w hps bulb ballast inline timer.
240w total 2 ductfans
980 watts8000 btu portable ac
(wont count the little fans everywhere)

VEG 18/6
T5 4ft 494 watts
250w total 2 CFL
(more little fans)

new power consumption...bloom 8x4 space(roughly 1200watts with all fans)
520w total 2 led panels
66 w vortex duct
couple clip fans
tower fan idk wattage on those.

veg
494w T5
couple fans

R

RollTide420

I am on my first grow using only LED lights, I have two Apollo LEDs ;700watts each output,in a
4x4 gorilla tent, I got these lights on the Internet , ebay, they run about 325.00 and have a 2 yr warranty , 140 -5 watt bulbs , full spectrum, ....yada yad ya the bulb life is like 50000 hours, that's about eleven and a half years , in veg I have never seen a plant veg so intensely, short internodes, healthy green lush growth , great penetration into the canopy , then I put two of these same lights into my 4x4 ,they lit up about 8 plants they are in the 1st month of flower and a few are further along ....Durban poison, la chocolata,nlxbig bud, land race afghan, I'm a medical grower for my own needs in Colorado, so I am concentrating on quality that focuses on my medication, I like my trichon mellow and a bit darker than you see in most dispensery selections ,View attachment 477338
How much do u plan to harvest in the 4x4?

P

poolray

8x88 TE=".Kebz, post: 1082159, member: 42780"]Hey tags, I had noticed that in the discussions re led, we do seem to be the lone few, although after a moments thought I'm gonna go with the 'The Lone Gunmen', much better connotations :)

I was going to leave them unnamed but hell with it;

A) They shouldn't mess when it comes to MJ.
B) I have gained a healthy degree of respect for you tags and you have asked me.
C) I told them I was going to relay what had transpired on here, as I consider this a community of like minded individuals (at times disagreeable and raucous), but united behind the sacred herb.

Amychai0901 in-boxed me representing aliexpress.com and (ahem), they don't look like the most up to date, high end units! They were however supposedly going to manufacture the unit to my specifications and neglected to mention price until the very last minute, giving the impression it was actually a proper 'Test grow'.

However, given the way they have behaved I'm unsure wether they were only saying that they would make the light specifically to my specifications and would have in fact sent out a rather bog standard unit. I think this mainly due to the fact that I requested a unit which was intensive in diodes at the range of 660nm (far red), 395nm (U.V) and 940nm (I.R) . These are some of the most expensive diodes and manufacturers normally skimp on them, however this being a 'test grow', I imagined they would want a really effective light that delivered results, so wouldn't mind the extra expense. I guess we'll never know![/QUOTE]
I'm just getting started. What would be a good LED set up for me to build. For 8x8 room ?

Top Bottom