WPM and treatment.

• Thread starter OrganicLit
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
OrganicLit

OrganicLit

I’ve seen so mny different things on how to tackle WPM. I’m about 3 weeks into flower and I’m noticing white spots. I’ve used hydrogen peroxide with water(1tbsp per gallon) But it doesn’t seem that effective. I’m starting to feel like I should just cull the whole thing, sanitize and start over.

Aqua Man

Aqua Man

I’ve seen so mny different things on how to tackle WPM. I’m about 3 weeks into flower and I’m noticing white spots. I’ve used hydrogen peroxide with water(1tbsp per gallon) But it doesn’t seem that effective. I’m starting to feel like I should just cull the whole thing, sanitize and start over.
Pictures. Personally I would mist the plants at lights out to prevent spores and remove all affected leaves. I have never had to treat PM so I will leave the best treatment options to others but finding the root cause is going to be the key to success. If you just start over your likely to have it again. The most likely cause in my mind is the humidity spike that happens at lights out, dense foliage with poor circulation throughout. Its a lot less likely to be an issue if you have good air flow throughout the plant and not just over the canopy. I run fans below and above that create a cyclone type of air movement. I also have a temp controller that i can program multiple set points, this allows me to lower the temps over a longer period of time and prevents that spike in humidity from the temp drop after the lights go out.

Kraken.headz

Kraken.headz

The hard truth is that in flower, there's nothing safe that will have it stone cold dead. Air movement and proper, stable humidity will go a long way to minimizing the damage done. Even so, I've caught it in a 32sqft area with 45% humidity and tons of air movment.
In the way of natural treatments, I've found alternating between a mix of high test h2o2 and procidic, and actinovate to yield the best results.

QuestForZest

QuestForZest

There's a product called doctor enzymes that claims to safely remove PM - it's 100% organic and leaves no residue. I pre-emptively spray everything with regalia (which is another safe PM product but very expensive and not available in California w/out a license.)

Sulfur works but not after week 3 usually unsafe if you are going to use leaves and whatnot for oil.

bankcee

bankcee

Doctor Zymes FTW!! thanks everyone for the help. Mildew is under control and the lady’s are happy happy happy.
old threw as i know but i’m also 3 weeks in to flower outdoor and got something that i believe was wpm. only noticed on one node that was removed.. sprayed zymes last night and woke up and only a couple nodes seem to have fried a bit. did you notice this issue as well? did you rinse after spraying? if so with what? thanks in advance man.

Top Bottom