Wrinkled Leaves - Looking for Advice

• Thread starter Cannabis5671
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
Cannabis5671

Cannabis5671

Hey guys, first time grower. I have 5 plants that are about 30 days old. When they were still seedlings I had this issue where the leaves were a little wrinkly and dark. Bubbly almost. After I transplanted the issue went away. Now all 5 of my plants as of yesterday are showing this same kind of deficiency. I tested the PH this morning and it was a little on the acidic side so I threw in some Lime to help bring it back up. I tested nutrients as well and the only thing that's coming up low is the phosphorus so I'll have to mess with that as well. But I just wanted to see if you guys would attribute it to one of those two or if im having another issue all together? Appreciate it!!

Wrinkled leaves   looking for advice
Wrinkled leaves   looking for advice 2
Wrinkled leaves   looking for advice 3
Wrinkled leaves   looking for advice 4
sambapati

sambapati

Great haha! Started doing research after posting and realized it was just photosynthesis in action. Gave me a little scare though with it being my first time.
Man I looked in the mirror and I am seeing lots of wrinkles too! Yikes.....Stay on top of your plants and don't slack

Cannabis5671

Cannabis5671

These look really healthy
Man I looked in the mirror and I am seeing lots of wrinkles too! Yikes.....Stay on top of your plants and don't slack
I try to stay on top of them as much as possible! I do a good check on them once an hour or two haha. Kinda obsessed with thier wellbeing.. Anyway, Theyre actually starting to get a bit worse. Its really hard to tell from the photos but this plant is starting to swell around the main vein and in the margin areas of the leaves. Only in the middle off of the new growth, kinda working its way out. I also haven't seen a ton of new growth in the last few days. I ordered a higher output light because I suspect light burn. I know this sounds counter intuitive but I only have 2-12 watt 24 inch led lights right now. Which is no where near enough. I have a photometer and there is not nearly enough output until about 3 to 4 inches from the light. I moved the lights back about 8 inches and built a temporary enclosure with foil to try and make use of some of the wasted light which did help bring back about 100 LUX. Was at about 400 LUX before moving them. Getting about 250 LUX now that I've moved the lights back. Still not enough from what I've read. Saw that they like anywhere between 1000 and 1500 LUX. Please correct me if thats wrong.. So getting a higher output light and being able to move it back further to prevent light burn seemed like the right answer to me. Ive also transplanted them into thier final pots. From 4 inch to 14 inch pots. Pulled one out the other day to check the roots and they were starting to get a little root bound. So it could just be them trying to settle into the new pots but any tips you've got would be awesome!

Cannabis5671

Cannabis5671

Maybe just a little over watered.
My medium was sitting outside for the last couple days and it has been raining. Didn't seem super wet when I moved them over though but I could totally see that being something that could be playing a part. I tend to water them every couple days as the containers I did have them in and the medium drained quick. Gonna need to get used to these bigger pots. Hold wayyy more water haha. I did buy an analog hydrometer as well to help with the bigger pots. When is a good time to wait and water in your opinion?

Top Bottom