Wtf are these bugs!?!?

• Thread starter altimood
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
Seamaiden

Seamaiden

Living dead girl
Alti, any idea if something like lavender extract would work, be worth trying? Garlic spray? I'm experimenting with tomato leaf spray on a spider mite infestation. The plants affected just happen to be the mother plants that survived the Attack of the Root Aphids. All got subsequent PM that was very difficult to eradicate. The tomato leaf spray I'm using does also have yarrow and a little lavender in it, I also put in 1-2tsp non-antimicrobial dish soap when I mix up the spray. Now I've got Dr. Bronner's Hemp Peppermint Castille and bought myself two more lavender plants, going to continue with that and hope my rosemary grows more.

Outside of that.... steam/heat. Which would likely kill the plants if they're not rooted. An entire dip. Or a saltwater dip, like we do with freshwater fish that are infected with external parasites. I have no idea how either of these treatments would work, or if they'd do anything at all. But outside of literally throwing the kitchen sink at them, ya know..? It's getting pretty caustic.

altimood

altimood

Alti, any idea if something like lavender extract would work, be worth trying? Garlic spray? I'm experimenting with tomato leaf spray on a spider mite infestation. The plants affected just happen to be the mother plants that survived the Attack of the Root Aphids. All got subsequent PM that was very difficult to eradicate. The tomato leaf spray I'm using does also have yarrow and a little lavender in it, I also put in 1-2tsp non-antimicrobial dish soap when I mix up the spray. Now I've got Dr. Bronner's Hemp Peppermint Castille and bought myself two more lavender plants, going to continue with that and hope my rosemary grows more.

Outside of that.... steam/heat. Which would likely kill the plants if they're not rooted. An entire dip. Or a saltwater dip, like we do with freshwater fish that are infected with external parasites. I have no idea how either of these treatments would work, or if they'd do anything at all. But outside of literally throwing the kitchen sink at them, ya know..? It's getting pretty caustic.

Yes Sea thanks. I'm gonna keep trying and see if anything works. I was also thinking about maybe using mighty wash on these guys. Thanks again. will keep you posted...

altimood

altimood

Mighty Wash killed em'. Probably not the eggs, but its a start. My friend warned to wash with water before going back under the lights to prevent burning.
Photo_on_2011-08-09_at_13_40.jpg

Dead Russet Mites. You can use this product through flower. Dude at the store said you can drink it but I chose not to.

cemchris

cemchris

Supporter
Man it seems like you guys cant catch a break. For real!!

altimood

altimood

Its hard out here on a gimp Chris! Know what I'm sayin'?!? Glad you stopped by. I was thinking about you today. I'm running some coco in flood trays and was gonna PM you about flushing every so often. Definitely have been keeping the ppm's down and I'm seeing good results. Hope all's good in your neck of the woods brudda!

IMG_4262.JPG

B

Buddy Hemphill

I beat this drum alot for spider mites (dont scold me Sea!..lol)....have you thought about No Pest Strips?

They kill other mites.

I have used an obscene number of them to rid a spider mite infestation.

It may be worth a try if all else fails.

Seamaiden

Seamaiden

Living dead girl
<scold></scold>
I couldn't think of anything to say that was scoldy enough.

altimood

altimood

New video of eriophyid mites: [YOUTUBE]4jf3zIcHHGI[/YOUTUBE]

Magnified 800x. The Mighty wash works, but I don't think its killing EVERYTHING. Still some crawlers and still some eggs. I'm going to look for the No pest strips today. :banana1sv6: yee ha!!

Green Mopho

Green Mopho

So did you manage to eradicate?

Mine are gone in my veg room. I used a 3 way mixture of Organacide (surfactant), Aquashield (innoculant), and Avid (systemic). Tank mix worked fine...killed those fuckers and their eggs, but now my veg room smells like the Seattle Fish Market...

Still got em in the damn bloom room...those fuckers are evil!!!! Trying daily alcohol and anything else that might be safe, but I'm 5 weeks in...pretty low on options. Trying to run the room hot!

B

Buddy Hemphill

So did you manage to eradicate?

Mine are gone in my veg room. I used a 3 way mixture of Organacide (surfactant), Aquashield (innoculant), and Avid (systemic). Tank mix worked fine...killed those fuckers and their eggs, but now my veg room smells like the Seattle Fish Market...

Still got em in the damn bloom room...those fuckers are evil!!!! Trying daily alcohol and anything else that might be safe, but I'm 5 weeks in...pretty low on options. Trying to run the room hot!

SNS...is it the 217 for mites?

Its expensive as hell, but I saw it work on a small outbreak on a plant (a gift..lol) at a friends house. Its okay until harvest I think.

Good luck. I hate those bastids.

Green Mopho

Green Mopho

I have used SNS-217 for spider mites and it worked great. However, I'm not convinced that it will take care of these russet mites.

C

catchafish

Alt: how did the fight end up? I had to battle theses as well. I baked my room (turned lights on with no ac or fans till my temps hit 150), then i bleached everything, then baked again. No signs of them back but i have a buddy that cant get rid of them.

B

Buddy Hemphill

Alt: how did the fight end up? I had to battle theses as well. I baked my room (turned lights on with no ac or fans till my temps hit 150), then i bleached everything, then baked again. No signs of them back but i have a buddy that cant get rid of them.

Man!...I think you can sanitize soil for re-use at 150*.....lol...thats awesome

Onespark

Onespark

Alti -
Spiromesifen: 2-oxo-3-(2,4,6-trimethylphenyl)-1-oxaspiro[4.4]non-3-en-4-yl
3,3-dimethylbutanoate ................................................... 45.2% OTHERINGREDIENTS:.................................................... 54.8% TOTAL: ................................................................. 100.0% JUDO contains 4 pounds of spiromesifen per US gallon (480 grams ai per liter).

Only thing that works IMO. You?

altimood

altimood

Pretty much, if you want to wipe em out. They're gone from here, knock on wood. That stuff kills broad mites, russet mites, regular mites, EVERYTHING.

Top Bottom