WTF do I do with males?

• Thread starter BlowCrack
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
B

BlowCrack

Hey Farm, I hope this isnt a stupid ? If I get male plants in what are my options? Ive never experienced having dudes around?

Thanks everyone in advance.....

darksideX

darksideX

you can make ur own seeds man..lol..:nerd
a nice way to keep them beside ur ladyz is..

have fun

jah_hoover

jah_hoover

If your not going to make seeds and you dont want to sacrifice your crop by pollintated it, i would bin them asap.

A

Asiatica

Males?

If you want to make seeds then keep them.
If you dont then throw em away.

If you do make seeds then keep them seperated from the rest of your females.
Otherwise you will have a harvest of mostly seeds.
What you want to do is controlled pollination.
Just pollinate the plant you want to make seeds with, but you dont pollinate the whole plant.
Just a few branches here and there.

Do a search on here or any other grow sites and study.
If you make seeds for yourself you will save alot of money in the long run.
But dont make too many seeds otherwise you will smoking lots of seeded bud.

Find the center and find your path.:character0050:
Peace and positive vibes.

JH420

JH420

How many months of veg til you have to start worrying about the males pollinating the females?

B

BlowCrack

Asiatica, thanks that was the type of answer I was lookin for.....

N

Nuglover

If you dust one with pollen, keep it seperate from the other girls for a few days then give her a good misting with water to take care of any extra pollen. Then put her back if you want and the others will be fine. I forgot to mist after pollenating one plant a few months ago and got more seeds than I bargined for.

B

bigworm

you can save the pollen in the freezer...make your own seeds later

T

Time

You could use them to make seeds so you can give them away to people who can not afford to buy any.

D

D9420

If you want to make seeds then keep them.
If you dont then throw em away.

If you do make seeds then keep them seperated from the rest of your females.
Otherwise you will have a harvest of mostly seeds.
What you want to do is controlled pollination.
Just pollinate the plant you want to make seeds with, but you dont pollinate the whole plant.
Just a few branches here and there.

Do a search on here or any other grow sites and study.
If you make seeds for yourself you will save alot of money in the long run.
But dont make too many seeds otherwise you will smoking lots of seeded bud.

Find the center and find your path.:character0050:
Peace and positive vibes.

thats not totally true i have made many seeds and if you pollinate a plant and put it back in the room it will not fully polly the whole grow. take the plant as soon as the lights go on. go to the other side of the house away from the grow room hit it with the pollen let it sit there in front of a window for around 6 hours then spray it down good with water then you can put the plant back in the room you might get 1 or 2 random seeds here and there but thats all

C

cway

Man to me I love a good male plant.. Its easy to find a keeper female pheno in a pack of seeds but try finding a keeper breeding male that's a true representation of that strain.. not easy..

B

BlowCrack

Man to me I love a good male plant.. Its easy to find a keeper female pheno in a pack of seeds but try finding a keeper breeding male thats a true male represenation of that strain.. not easy..

Im new to this, when u say true rep. can you define that?
keeper means keep the pollen and not the plant?

S

SkyHi

He means a good keeper, as in the whole plant to breed with females. By representation he means the phone type,IE: a very purple fruity grand daddy male that is the opitomy of GDP

N

Nuglover

im understanding more and more and more.....

Don't rush it. There's always more to learn. I've been gardening for years and I'm constantly learning. The Farm is like school for growers. The info goes from grade school to grad school around here. Not matter what level of a grower you are, the guys and girls around this place can still show you a trick or two. I love this place. :)

Top Bottom