WTF - Help Me ID

• Thread starter outwest
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
caveman4.20

caveman4.20

OUTWEST are you in veg or flower ? If your in veg transplant and if your 5wk's into flower or in flower phase at all I would ask bigCheese cuz he's the only one I have seen flower in such small containers SUCCESSfully!

LexLuthor

LexLuthor

First off, there is no such thing as Cal/Mag deficiency, so please, everybody that thinks that way get it out of your heads. There is either Ca deficiency which shows on new growth or Mg deficiency which shows on older growth.

For outwest, try Google searching 'yellow, blotchy spots on leaves' and specify the region of the plant (new growth or old growth). You might be able to find similar results to your plants, but you probably done that already. Good luck bro!!

Capulator

Capulator

likes to smell trees.
Supporter
that looks a little like overfeeding/possible Ca lockout. Maybe sub cools mix is too hot for that strain. You still running that?

Mogrow

Mogrow

can you transplant? Looks like the soil is bad, thought it looked like thrips but the leaves are bleaching out so it's more than the thrips. Maybe transplant a few to your old supersoil. When did you go back to Roots????
Hope you get back on top of things.
peace mogrow

xX Kid Twist Xx

xX Kid Twist Xx

Premium Member
Supporter
that does look like both calciaum and magnesium def to me. the rust spots are a good sign of that and the lighter varigated look is looking mag. is it looking like that from the top down or the bottom up? they seem dark enough on the 1st couple of pics too be getting enough nitrogen. the last pic is calcium for sure to me. and i just went back an seen fitered tap water so im really leaning to the calcium. add 2 teaspoons of cal-mag for a few feedings then go down to 1. the plant is pulling nutirents out of your leaves, purple stems on the tops of the petrioles but not the bottoms.

putembk

putembk

Haven't read the whole thread so apologize if already mentioned. You said filtered tap water? Explain filtered. R/O or Britta? There is a big difference.

squiggly

squiggly

Sometimes people mistake root aphids for fungus gnats--but I think you're more experience than that. It's worth checking out though.

S

sicinsane

i have the same thing on my platinum cookies. it didnt stop it from lookin fire. i'll let you know how the yield turns out.

outwest

outwest

Premium Gardener
Supporter
Thanks everyone for replying. Great to confirm it's not bugs, although the fungus gnats are getting annoying, so I'm treating them a little more aggressively. Don't think it's pH but rather a deficiency caused by underfeeding or possibly a little overwatering. Easy remedy and overall the plants look good still.

Again, thanks to all who replied and provided input. Very much appreciated!

outwest

putembk

putembk

OW, I do think it's a cal/mag deficiency caused by low ph and the plants are not taking up the nutes/sups. Try one quick thing, ph your runoff, if it is below 5.0 you have to fix that before you can solve the problem with your plants. imo

We Solidarity

We Solidarity

heyyo outwest! that looks like a calcium problem - are those fans from the middle of the plant by chance? Could be Ph, but if you're letting things get too dry in the dirt and still watering with nutes that are mixed too hot for the soil, there's a chance you're creating gypsum. I was never super impressed with the roots organics nutes...are the plants showing problems by chance the larger ones in 1gals?

oscar169

oscar169

Farming 🌱
Supporter
Thanks everyone for replying. Great to confirm it's not bugs, although the fungus gnats are getting annoying, so I'm treating them a little more aggressively. Don't think it's pH but rather a deficiency caused by underfeeding or possibly a little overwatering. Easy remedy and overall the plants look good still.

Again, thanks to all who replied and provided input. Very much appreciated!

outwest
Before you drop a bomb on them, try Go Gnats I have used it on some bad Gnat outbreaks & the shit rocks...
Go Gnats

outwest

outwest

Premium Gardener
Supporter
heyyo outwest! that looks like a calcium problem - are those fans from the middle of the plant by chance? Could be Ph, but if you're letting things get too dry in the dirt and still watering with nutes that are mixed too hot for the soil, there's a chance you're creating gypsum. I was never super impressed with the roots organics nutes...are the plants showing problems by chance the larger ones in 1gals?

I think this is exactly it. What do you mean by creating gypsum?

Many thanks.

outwest

We Solidarity

We Solidarity

gypsum is calcium sulfate, which can be formed in the soil if there are high concentrations of dissolved sulfates and calcium in media that's dried out too much. Once formed it's not very water soluble so it locks out a good bit of calcium. I've seen it happen in coco - the plants show all the signs related to calcium deficiency and a thin layer of what looks like sand starts to form on the top of the pot.

Seamaiden

Seamaiden

Living dead girl
Ahhh... fascinating.
That's why I asked where on the plant that leaf came from. If it's from the top of the plant, then it's a Ca- in combination with another problem (that yellowing doesn't normally occur with a Ca- IME). But! If it's mid-plant, then it's damn near a classic case of K-, again IME.

outwest

outwest

Premium Gardener
Supporter
Mid plant, older leaves. They seem to be pulling out of it, meaning the leaves that were effected are going, but it's not continuing.

outwest

Seamaiden

Seamaiden

Living dead girl
Mid-plant is typically a K- (or toxicity, easy to do in coir).

Top Bottom