Wtf is happening to this misbegotten misfit?

• Thread starter Misanthrope
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
V

Valenjulio

Ok so I only plan to do one plant at time. I’m not doing this to make money or as a career. This is only a hobby. So if it’s fine for 1 plant I’m ok with that. The buds are growing but I just don’t know why she looks so sad and droopy all the time I was also planning to let her grow until maybe mid April if possible. Idk what strain she is so maybe her genetics prevents her from being too bushy maybe ? I got the seed from a bag of weed I got from a “3rd party” dealer and was labeled some type of headband but you can never trust street vendors if you know what I mean.

Aqua Man

Aqua Man

Ok so I only plan to do one plant at time. I’m not doing this to make money or as a career. This is only a hobby. So if it’s fine for 1 plant I’m ok with that. The buds are growing but I just don’t know why she looks so sad and droopy all the time I was also planning to let her grow until maybe mid April if possible. Idk what strain she is so maybe her genetics prevents her from being too bushy maybe ? I got the seed from a bag of weed I got from a “3rd party” dealer and was labeled some type of headband but you can never trust street vendors if you know what I mean.
Genetics are huge. If you want to PM me i can walk you through some things so we dont clutter up this thread. Or start a new thread like a grow journal so everyone can chine in. That light is fine for one plant

TSD

TSD

Well she's already in flower so she won't put out new leaves unless she's revegging, which you don't want. Sad and droopy usually means overwaterd. But it could also be environment holding her back, as well as genetics.

Misanthrope

Misanthrope

that's high EC...could try putting speed holes in the cup for better drainage and consider splitting the cup for friendly root transplant :)

View attachment 1315891
Speed holes lol

Aqua Man: I transplanted her into some fresh soil rather than coco, I seem to have a little more luck with it. Her roots were not growing well until the bottom of the pot where I had put a layer of hydroton, there they flourished and spread throughout the clay balls so I'd say she was definitely drowning. Moved her to a tent with gentle light from a dimmed 100W LED. I'll post q progres repr and pics in about a week

Thanks to all that chimed in with help and good luck to buddy with the other plant, in my experience the first grow is all about learning from mistakes and any quality bud is a bonus

Speedholes
S

Stonemason7767

Speed holes lol

Aqua Man: I transplanted her into some fresh soil rather than coco, I seem to have a little more luck with it. Her roots were not growing well until the bottom of the pot where I had put a layer of hydroton, there they flourished and spread throughout the clay balls so I'd say she was definitely drowning. Moved her to a tent with gentle light from a dimmed 100W LED. I'll post q progres repr and pics in about a week

Thanks to all that chimed in with help and good luck to buddy with the other plant, in my experience the first grow is all about learning from mistakes and any quality bud is a bonus
I can't speak for everyone,but I know alot of us killed our first grow with to much love(water).

Misanthrope

Misanthrope

Much success! I had no idea seedlings could be over watered in coco/perlite, it certainly explains why I've had some trouble with that stage. So she's pulled thru but is definitely scarred from her ordeal. Her leaves are vibrant healthy green but warped and sprouting from odd places - she looks like she's been revegged, hopefully she'll grow like it too

20230112 080230
20230112 080226
20230112 080236
The_word

The_word

Dosi Cookies, sprouted dec 12
Coco/perlite 70/30
Lucas formula: 1tsp Maxibloom per gallon + Cronk Monkey Juice 2mL/gallon
pH 5.9
EC 1.5-1.7
18/6 under Mars Hydro TS-1000
Watered twice daily, approximately 100mL each time
Temp 20°C
RH 45%

Do you have any ideas what I'm doing wrong here? I had early pH issues because of an uncalibrated pH pen but that's been corrected for over a week and growth has still been minimal. Even the new growth looks to be stunted and malformed. Where the leaves are green, they're thick and almost leathery. I'm afraid to transplant her to fresh media while shes still so stressed otherwise I would have tried that already. Has anyone ever seen this before?
Definitely too wet, you have some kind of mould growing on your soil as well by the look of it. I would say the easiest thing to do would be to start again. It will take a huge amount of effort and luck to revive these plants and after being that stressed it is going to effect the harvest.

As a general rule of thumb, you should water about 1/4 of your pot size. For example, if you have them in a 1 litre pot you should water them with 250ml. You may need
Screenshot 20230113 123418 Chrome
to up them to 1/3 later but you can gauge it as they grow. On my last grow i had my plants in 11 litre pots and they would drink around 3 litres every other day. I use organic nutrients so that is the amount just before run off.

Hope you get it sorted mate, peace. ✌️

K

KenKenaf

Do you have any ideas what I'm doing wrong here? I had early pH issues because of an uncalibrated pH pen but that's been corrected for over a week and growth has still been minimal. Even the new growth looks to be stunted and malformed. Where the leaves are green, they're thick and almost leathery. I'm afraid to transplant her to fresh media while shes still so stressed otherwise I would have tried that already. Has anyone ever seen this before?

Boron deficiency.

Misanthrope

Misanthrope

Yep, it was definitely too much water too early. I was under the impression you could not over water with coco, now I know that's not necessarily true before the roots are well established.
The stress definitely changed how she grows, symmetry is a thing of the past and the nodes are packed super tightly together. She's shaping up to be a very busy plant and I plan to veg her linger than usual to make the most of it.

20230309 214637
20230309 214624
K

Keldan74

Dosi Cookies, sprouted dec 12
Coco/perlite 70/30
Lucas formula: 1tsp Maxibloom per gallon + Cronk Monkey Juice 2mL/gallon
pH 5.9
EC 1.5-1.7
18/6 under Mars Hydro TS-1000
Watered twice daily, approximately 100mL each time
Temp 20°C
RH 45%

Transplant or die
You have rotted your roots.

Crabgrassfarms

Crabgrassfarms

I have read much of this thread and think all the problems started by showing too much love to the young plants. We can't show love for plants by watering and feeding, a pet can turn away but a plant can not. Over watering, when I saw "twice a day", shouted out. I would suggest immediate transplant and hope for the best. Please don't water daily but when needed like every other day.

Misanthrope

Misanthrope

Just to clarify that I'm not retarded - the initial post was a plant in coco/perlite and that's the only reason I was watering so much. I was under the impression that with that media you could not overwater and I was trying to follow the guidelines for frequent fertigation as described on cocoforcannabis.com. Had it been soil, I never would've watered until when the container was noticeably lighter. Now I don't fully water a seedling in coco until I'm sure the roots have developed, usually by seeing a few poke out the bottom. A learning experience :-)

Crabgrassfarms

Crabgrassfarms

Just to clarify that I'm not retarded - the initial post was a plant in coco/perlite and that's the only reason I was watering so much. I was under the impression that with that media you could not overwater and I was trying to follow the guidelines for frequent fertigation as described on cocoforcannabis.com. Had it been soil, I never would've watered until when the container was noticeably lighter. Now I don't fully water a seedling in coco until I'm sure the roots have developed, usually by seeing a few poke out the bottom. A learning experience :-)
That is good to know, I am a hot soil grower, with FFOF, seeds germinated in peat plugs. Tomorrow is transplant day for the best 8 of 11.

Mikedin

Mikedin

Staff
Supporter
that's some advertising right there

14608107_1180665285312703_1558693314_n.jpg
But… but… it has a 10x optical condenser 😂😂 honestly I can’t hate on blurples (I can hate on the companies that deceive the buyers though lol) but they got me through my first run just fine 😁 I ran 2x kingLED1500’s 250 true watts from the wall each ( yeah “1500” 😂), only downside I found with them is obviously wattage / true intensity but damn do they put out some heat, I ran with both veg and bloom switches on from the start, for the price and what they produced for my first indoor grow I was impressed… nothing compared to the current lights I have for the tents now but believe me I’ll be using both of those too

669C8D73 DB6B 40B2 AD71 D5AE58A96BA8
RootsRuler

RootsRuler

But… but… it has a 10x optical condenser 😂😂 honestly I can’t hate on blurples (I can hate on the companies that deceive the buyers though lol) but they got me through my first run just fine 😁 I ran 2x kingLED1500’s 250 true watts from the wall each ( yeah “1500” 😂), only downside I found with them is obviously wattage / true intensity but damn do they put out some heat, I ran with both veg and bloom switches on from the start, for the price and what they produced for my first indoor grow I was impressed… nothing compared to the current lights I have for the tents now but believe me I’ll be using both of those too
I've run Blurples before and currently have one in the tent with the white light COB. I noticed the blurple has more light power than the white light so I have to offset the lamps with the blurple higher than the white light. I've also had good success with them.

Mikedin

Mikedin

Staff
Supporter
I've run Blurples before and currently have one in the tent with the white light COB. I noticed the blurple has more light power than the white light so I have to offset the lamps with the blurple higher than the white light. I've also had good success with them.
For the price most of them aren’t horrible, especially for people starting out, nobody want to start their hobby dropping $700 on a light let alone everything else that goes with it lol. I started with 2 of those lights then oversized everything else, tent, exhaust, fans, etc and tan a full grow, once I was ready and everything else was set then I bought the light I wanted in that tent permanently… then did it again 😂

Top Bottom