Wtf is happening to this misbegotten misfit?

• Thread starter Misanthrope
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
Mikedin

Mikedin

Staff
Supporter
They aren’t the best type of light out there but I’d say if they can grow these on autos, then they are probably decent lol

Best part is it was all decent smoke as well

74FD3C7A E3B2 469A 975F 9AC3359E62DC
68AE1248 7D0D 4180 976F 7A4967B41C12
4BDB448B 9B09 44AE 9CF6 385BC907F998
07B6D21D 7A85 498A 9FB9 39B412D67279
68A508E1 5C0F 4BBD B3D5 94475988D7EC
Cirroji

Cirroji

man i'm just a hotdog
Supporter
For the price most of them aren’t horrible, especially for people starting out, nobody want to start their hobby dropping $700 on a light let alone everything else that goes with it lol. I started with 2 of those lights then oversized everything else, tent, exhaust, fans, etc and tan a full grow, once I was ready and everything else was set then I bought the light I wanted in that tent permanently… then did it again 😂
i just like the color makes the plants look cool af. i left right as blurples were blowing up but so expensive. came back and QB had been around long enough that i was able to step right back in and not spend an arm and leg

either way this grow is ending and it's so similar with my hps minus the heat i'll be happy sticking with it. i did consider adding a used blurple for side lighting though.

Aqua Man

Aqua Man

Blurples will become a thing again… mark my words. There is a reason for it but if you have blurples finish you buds for the last few weeks with them

Cirroji

Cirroji

man i'm just a hotdog
Supporter
Blurples will become a thing again… mark my words. There is a reason for it but if you have blurples finish you buds for the last few weeks with them
research behind better ratios of blue and red for more active photosynthesis???? (since chlorophyll a&b respectively use blue and red )

Aqua Man

Aqua Man

research behind better ratios of blue and red for more active photosynthesis???? (since chlorophyll a&b respectively use blue and red )
nope it has to do with a single spectrum that higher amounts of can inhibit production of some thc. What spectrum is missing in blurples?

and tgere is your answer

Mikedin

Mikedin

Staff
Supporter
nope it has to do with a single spectrum that higher amounts of can inhibit production of some thc. What spectrum is missing in blurples?

and tgere is your answer
Imma take the dive and say green

Aqua Man

Aqua Man

Very beneficial for photosynthesis and growth rates. So dont go thinking blurples are better. This is a part of the reason i feel that LED‘s next big thing is tunable spectrums… which already exist but like nutrients, environment or anything else we can manipulate to take advantage of evolutionary adaptations and responses it only makes sense that we can also do so with light.

infact its long been known and taken advantage of already by growers… like switching from MH to HPS when going from veg to flower. Ee are just learning more about it now that the tech is there

Aqua Man

Aqua Man

You ever see those super potent almost bleached white buds that rarely pop up in growers threads… notice they are always under blurple lights?

This happens under very high intensity blurple from time to time… does genetics play a role? Im site it does but unfortunately the data on this is extremely limited and not a lot of studies on it yet

Aqua Man

Aqua Man

I see. Interesting. When would you say is the best time to employ blurple?
I cant say as i havent done anything personally. my gut says that after stretch when the plant focuses its on bud. But the other part says the last fe weeks may be all thats needed

Top Bottom