Wtf Is The Problem Help

• Thread starter isa420
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
isa420

isa420

So I'm having some problems with a couple of my babies. I'm so confused on what to do ? Here is the problem I have 3 plants plantedn ground dug a hole and filled with happy frog and ocean Forrest . So the problem is when exposed to Sun for more than 6 hrs the leaves seem to go dead like if it's starvin for water, the plants soil is wet seem s to me like if having a heat stress so I'll give a tad bit of water on top of the plants and then they seem to recuperate? Whats goin on heat stress plants are very healthy but I'm just stuck at this point

Last edited:
CBDEMON

CBDEMON

Did you harden them off under a shade cloth or by letting them out towards direct light gradually for a week or so? Pics would definitely help us understand this situation better

isa420

isa420

They were doin just fine in the pot never had to move them in the shade ! If u have a email I can send u pics of what they look like but I would need a pic for when it droops! I'm having trouble posting pics it gives me a error.

coloradoBTC

coloradoBTC

when exposed to Sun for more than 6 hrs the leaves seem to go dead like if it's starvin for water, the plants soil is wet

the hot sun is directly on it for 6 hours and the soil is still wet?

coloradoBTC

coloradoBTC

is the spot in a low lying area compared to the places around it?

isa420

isa420

After bein exposed to the sun for a couple hours leaves tend to start drooping an stem s feel very weak and soft once I give the top later a tad bit of water the leaves raise back to the sun and it a ok an happy again ? The soil remains wet even when the leaves start to droop? I bought this product called armor sihttp://www.google.com/search?site=&source=hp&ei=t8eVVfToApa2oQSHqpywBg&q=armored+silica+general+hydroponics&oq=&gs_l=mobile-gws-hp.1.1.41l3.0.0.0.20393.1.1.0.1.1.0.195.195.0j1.1.0....0...1c..64.mobile-gws-hp..0.1.44.3.jF-z-D1_gsc

isa420

isa420

But wanna get my fellow opinions beforeI start adding this stuff

isa420

isa420

I did build something to block the shade, but the problem still persist ?

isa420

isa420

Pretty much when the plants go thru this phase they look like they drank Clorox

soserthc1

soserthc1

If you plants drank Clorox they would look dead
I'm thinking
1) your over reaction to a slight droop
2) your playing around
We really need some pics ;)

isa420

isa420

If you plants drank Clorox they would look dead
I'm thinking
1) your over reaction to a slight droop
2) your playing around
We really need some pics ;)

Funny guy ! Lol yeah I understand I needpics but I'm having trouble uploading it keeps giving me a error ! trust me my brotha it's not a slight droop. I will try to get pics asap tomo for sure my babies will go thru that phase again I'll be sure to catch it and post pics

Apollo13

Apollo13

With no pictures, it's impossible, but I'll try.. I'm guessing soil gets hot..could try mulch idk maybe nutrients burned roots leaving not many functioning. I use happy frog, it needs nothing, can be too hot of mix for some..

Last edited:
Bulldog11

Bulldog11

ok, some of the advice in this thread is not helpful.

First thing, it sounds like your plants are hardened off, and should have no problems being in direct sun. Your experiencing drooping, not sun bleached leaves. Intense sun is not your problem. I grow in temps above 100 with an UV index of 10 on a daily. Scratch that off your list.

Second: I am worried how you determined you are watering properly? What makes you say this? How much water are you using? You said you dug a hole for your plants, how large? What is the surrounding soil like? Clay?

From what you have been saying, it sounds like under watering to me. I would double your watering and see if they respond.
On the flip side of that coin, I would also worry about over watering. Since you dug a hole into native dirt, sometimes that means you have really well draining soil that you added to a hole that doesn't drain at all. Hence leaving your roots sitting in a puddle of water.

Another possibility is your low on calcium. Does the plant just droop, or does it also have weird new growth? Could also be excess boron, but I doubt it.

Figure out how to post up a picture and we will have this solved right away.

Bulldog11

Bulldog11

Hopefully it doesn't look like this......
new_size.jpg

The plant of the right is suffering from wilt.

rubthe nub

rubthe nub

he said REPEATEDLY that the soil was 'wet'.
I'm thinking same thing as @Bulldog11 maybe your hole isn't draining.
You said ground was 'level' but where? Are you in/on naturally low lying ground? What was native soil like?
Did you mix any of the 'good soil' with the native soil in the bottom of the hole as a type of transition?

isa420

isa420

ok guys got the pics we all been waiting 4 .... Bare with me guys im here to learn

IMAG2092 IMAG2093
Here are my 2 girls they were in 10g pots before transplanted to ground( may I remind they were in fox farm ocean forrest )

IMAG2097
W=3ft depth=4ft L=4FT
So before I transplanted, I had drench the hole to see if I had good drainage ! good in that part. I also broke down the sidewalls for easier root penetration filled with happy frog ....

IMAG2102 IMAG2103 IMAG2104
so this is how they looked this morning the soil remains wet no sun till later....

IMAG2109 IMAG2118 IMAG2108
later on the day 2nd & 3rd after 1 hour of sunlight 1st pic doesn't get sun till a hour later .....follow me guys

IMAG2118 IMAG2121 IMAG2122
1 hour after sun light exposure

IMAG2123
IMAG2124
IMAG2129
IMAG2131
IMAG2133

Latest posts

Top Bottom