WTF is wrong with my clones???

• Thread starter TNToothpick
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
TNToothpick

TNToothpick

First attempt at cloning. Using coco and perlite And these damn things are about a month along now. They have a decent amount of roots showing but now they look terrible. Using clear solo cups inside of red solo cups, all with drainage holes. At first I had clear solos on top as humidity domes then gradually removed them as I began to see roots. I know the clones are pretty small but that was the best I could do at the time with what I had. They were in straight coco but it just stayed wet and they weren’t doing shit so I redid them with some perlite and just keep them moist but they seem to stay moist for several days still. After I removed the domes I put them under a spider farmer 4000 at 36” @ 60% power and gradually worked up to 100%. Temps @ ~75* and Rh ~60 right now in my 4x4 tent. No foliar misting. I gave them a tiny dose of FF grow big and big bloom. I’m thinking maybe they got too much light and are too wet? I have 12 clones total and only 7 of them are rooted like this and it’s going on 30 days now! Any ideas on what I can do to help these things perk up?

Wtf is wrong with my clones
Wtf is wrong with my clones 2
Wtf is wrong with my clones 3
Wtf is wrong with my clones 4
Wtf is wrong with my clones 5
Wtf is wrong with my clones 6
Deadstill

Deadstill

I'm from the government, and I'm here to help.
Supporter
Transplant to 1/2 or 1 gallon pots, the ones with roots showing. They're probably getting over watered. Good luck! 🤠

TNToothpick

TNToothpick

Transplant to 1/2 or 1 gallon pots, the ones with roots showing. They're probably getting over watered. Good luck! 🤠

That is my thought as well. I went ahead and transplanted 1 of them 2 days ago to 1 gal pot, hoping she will recover in the next few days. Think I’ll go ahead and do the rest today. Thanks

Deadstill

Deadstill

I'm from the government, and I'm here to help.
Supporter
That is my thought as well. I went ahead and transplanted 1 of them 2 days ago to 1 gal pot, hoping she will recover in the next few days. Think I’ll go ahead and do the rest today. Thanks

No problem. For future reference, when you go to water them make sure they need water, first. A common practice is to lift or "heft" your pots after you water them thoroughly. Get an idea of how much the pot weighs. Stick your fingers down into the soil the first couple of inches, get a feel for the moisture. Check them once a day, and once they feel a little more than half as light as they were when you watered, you know it's about time to water again.

The common thing with "over watering" is not watering too much at once, it's watering too much, too frequently. Cannabis roots need a period to "dry out" a little in between watering, so as to avoid root rot, etc.

Latest posts

Top Bottom