Wtf It's A Boy!!!

• Thread starter MrThermal
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
MrThermal

MrThermal

Please could somebody tell me if these are boys, I'm 95% sure they are but would like a second opinion.

These babies have followed the same routine as other girls that look fine.

A few Qs

1. Where these always male from seed?
  2. Can this just happen with female from seed?
  3. If a Clone, can it just turn male randomly?
  4. Am I being a retarded noob.

Wtf its a boy
Wtf its a boy 2
xavier7995

xavier7995

Are you growing feminized seeds? For your questions.
1&2: Seeds can be either male or female, would expect 50/50 mix. Plants that show female can hermie and grow male parts due to either bad genetics/breeding or stress (normally light leaks, but can be anything). As far as I know, feminized seeds still have a chance of kicking out the random male from the outset, but its rare.

3: Clones can hermie due to the same factors of bad genetics or stress.

4: Not at all, the only way to learn is to ask questions.

cocoJoe

cocoJoe

Are you growing feminized seeds? For your questions.
1&2: Seeds can be either male or female, would expect 50/50 mix. Plants that show female can hermie and grow male parts due to either bad genetics/breeding or stress (normally light leaks, but can be anything). As far as I know, feminized seeds still have a chance of kicking out the random male from the outset, but its rare.
It does happen.. I had a male from OrgnKid's OGers S1 seeds..
That male was a winner for me and produced some great crosses for me..
Last night I tried Hindu Kush/OG Kush S1.. Fresh no cure.. Lemon citrus Blueberry smell and taste..
Black Domina/OG Kush S1 has got 3 weeks to go.. I made a lot of crosses..:D
Chuck that pollen

MrThermal

MrThermal

I got them as what I think was baby clones, all others have been good.
I've just check some other plants from same clone crop and they look female up top and male on lower half of the plant.
Should I pluck the balls off and see what happens or just bin them.

H

hawkman

I got them as what I think was baby clones, all others have been good.
I've just check some other plants from same clone crop and they look female up top and male on lower half of the plant.
Should I pluck the balls off and see what happens or just bin them.
Nothing wrong with expermienting - that's half the fun --just dont 'pollinate; if that what you want

xavier7995

xavier7995

You should ask yourself how much time it will take to get back to where you are...that said, if it is multiple plants sprouting balls and you have ruled out stress issues, probably just crappy genetics and you should toss them. You could pluck and hope for the best, if you do wind up seeding your plant my guess is that it would not be a huge amount of seeds so would be a salvageable smoke. Probably best to not grow out any seeds that come from the plant though.

McCannabis

McCannabis

I have a few questions about plants "becoming" male!
1. Environmental,
A. Can off pH be responsible for sex change?
B. Can temp and/or RH cause sex change?
C. Can over or underwatering cause stress to change?
2. What else could cause a plant to become male?

I've just been curious, haven't had luck with a female yet. Just wondering if it's something I'm screwing up or not.

I know that it could be just bad luck with seeds but I was wondering if it could be any of the above.

reeferman420

reeferman420

idk i had my temps go to 120 last week my cat ripped a hole in my tent i didnt notice tik yest and i had a problem with overwaterong when i started snd none of mine hermed im assuming bad genetics they say light leaks but i have a hole in my tent and havent got any male sacs yet so idk i personally think genrtics are key i believe a light leak would cause reveg not hermie but im no expert

Top Bottom