Wtf! Let Me Know What You Guys Think Is Going On

• Thread starter BongToker
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
B

BongToker

Old time thcfarmer here kindly asking some help from everyone. What the fuck do you guys think is going on here?

My first thought is russet mites but now I'm thinking possible tobacco mosaic virus. Any input would help I'm over here scratching my head after banging it on the wall of course.

Wtf let me know what you guys think is going on
Wtf let me know what you guys think is going on 2
Wtf let me know what you guys think is going on 3
Wtf let me know what you guys think is going on 4
Wtf let me know what you guys think is going on 5
B

BongToker

Macro shots were taken with a 60x scope but have been unable to see any live bugs of any sort

P

PaulWood

Macro shots were taken with a 60x scope but have been unable to see any live bugs of any sort
By means no expert here, but I have been told that looks like heat stress/watering issues.

What type of scope? I am trying to get a better one then my handheld(getting old)

Thanks.

CaliRooted

CaliRooted

If it's not mites which it might not be, hard to tell what's on the underside of that leaf. Do you see anything moving? Like I said if not mites heat issue, possibly light to close?

B

BongToker

I haven't seen anything moving under the 60x scope. The lights are low but temperatures have stayed in check at around 78 just brought them down to 75 to see if it helps some.

B

BongToker

My flower room looked like it was experiencing similar issues although it never seemed to effect the flowers much. Still stumped

fatawa

fatawa

The lights are low but temperatures
what is close to u?and wat kind of light.and where do u measure the temp?at canopy?tacoing is usualy a sign of heat stress like already said.and if u notice every branch that is lower is not effected....only the tallest branches..least from the pics u showd

Evil Monkey

Evil Monkey

Premium Member
Supporter
That title I have to resist the urge to bust on it. Just too easy lmao I'm smh to all to the lines. Hahahaha

jipp

jipp

so far i have learn you can get leaf taco from heat, potassium diff, and the one i think we all would want.. shit load of shroom heads.

it looks like heat from other pictures iv seen.. but that is just a guess as iv not seen it for my self yet. the potassium taco was a lighter color tho than rest of the plant.. when i had a calmag lock out in my solo cup.

chirs.

Dewd

Dewd

If this is happening to all the new growth then it is either russet mites or broad mites. If you don't kill them fast your plants will die a horrible death. Most mite killers won't work. Avid or forbid work. So do swiriski mites.

jipp

jipp

I just dealt with them
kinda of looks like a combo of both heat and mites from your picture.

yours are not as taco but looks like same damage on the edges.
interesting, good luck man.

chris.

Dewd

Dewd

kinda of looks like a combo of both heat and mites from your picture.

yours are not as taco but looks like same damage on the edges.
interesting, good luck man.

chris.
I hear ya. When I was trying to figure it out everyone's first thought was heat. I'm 100% sure it was not heat. My room is a cool 75 with good airflow. It happened to lower branches also. I finally saw a mite. Hard to spot at first. The saliva of these mites are poisonous to the plant and continue to affect the plants even after the mites are all dead. If you don't kill them fast enough the plants shrivel up and die...I saw it happen elsewhere and it was an ugly site. They make you wish you only had spider mites or powdery mildew.

Dan789

Dan789

I noticed that you had some ladybugs in a few of the pictures though some look pretty dead. Were they just added or have they been in your garden for a while?

B

BongToker

Thanks for the replys. The lady bugs were added when I noticed this going on and remembered I had some in the back of the fridge.

Dewd

Dewd

howd you solve the problem?
I bought a full body paint suit, long rubber gloves, goggles and a respirator suitable for insecticides front home depot. Avid and forbid is some toxic shit! I bought some Avid online and sprayed once in my veg room. That killed most if not all the mites in that room. Forbid works also. Then I bought some swiriski mites online and put them in the flower and veg rooms. They eat other mites without hurting your plants. I took cuttings of everything and I just put everything except cuttings into flower. When I'm done flowering in 9 weeks I will spray the whole building a few more times. I think I will buy another round of predator mites and let them accompany my girls in flower.

B

BongToker

what do you guys think about sterilizing with a uvc bulb? do you think coming in contact with uvc will kill russet mites on contact?

Top Bottom