WTF ph up issue.

• Thread starter SENSI P
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
S

SENSI P

so im running 2 reservoirs one advanced nutrients and one general hydroponics and i just ran out of GH ph up so i used my AN ph up i added the same amount to each res. but now my GH res. is very cloudy and it is not going away but the AN res is just fine can anyone explain what is going on and if there is anything bad that can come from that the ph is perfect but the water is just kinda cloudy and its never happened before im using RO water.

Seamaiden

Seamaiden

Living dead girl
Oh... shit... I can't explain what's going on but I can tell you that AN's pH Up is MUCH stronger than GH's product. Drops of AN versus mils of GH.

Let this be a bump for you.

M

mellokitty

ooo.
cloudiness that doesn't go away (which is different from that white *poof*) usually means something's been bonded or neutralised. (DH explained this to me once - i'll ask him again when he gets home.) this isn't necessarily bad, usually just unsightly (think curdled milk in lemon tea), although i wouldn't make a habit of it either ;)
and yes, all brands of -up and -down are slightly different, i find that -ups are usually more concentrated than -downs. even potassium silicate (which i like to use to adjust up a few points) varies in consistency/strength between brands

S

SENSI P

thanks guys, ya i knew going into it AN was much stronger so i used alot less, and when i woke up this morning it looked like all the cloudiness had fell to the bottom of the res and gathered together in globs so i agitated it and the res. had come back to its original cloudy form the plants have already got several feedings from it and look fine, but it was just a little weird, mellowkitty please see what he says and ask him if he would recomend changing the res. thankyou for all of your feedback.

D

Dais

Is there a general consensus on which ph down/up is the best?:hunter:

F

Farmer Jon

Premium Member
Supporter
Mad farmer is the best IMO they mix citric, phosphorus and nitric acid together and it really is a great ph adjuster.
FJ

Smokey503ski

Smokey503ski

In another thread I explained how to use PH up and PH down.

You alway's need to dilute PH products with water before you put into a rez. I recomend 10 parts water to 1 part PH up or down.
If you dump PH solution straight into the res without diluting it, most likely you will have nutrient fallout. Which is what you have, when a res get's cloudy from adding nutes and PH, you messed up. You need to dump the res, start with fresh water filled half way, dump part A, fill up with more water, dump part B in, fill with more water. Then you can put your other nutes in. After all that is mixed up well and settled you can now ad you PH solution slowly.
You need to dilute it, then ad the PH solution VERY SLOW, it should take you about a hour to adjust it properly. You need to put the PH solution in steps, put a little bit in, mix well, wait and do again.
A cloudy res is a Nurient Fallout and is garbage. The main step in this is diluting PH and putting it in the res slowly.

CelticEBE

CelticEBE

I'm gonna have to agree with Smokey! I had read what he posted about fallout about a week ago and it completely changed the way I do things.

I too use AN's up and down. Now I mix one ml of up or down to 200 ml of RO water and slowly add it to my res in 50ml increments. I have noticed a BIG difference in not only how clear my res looks now, but my ph seems to stay more stable as well.

This was the best thing I have learned this year I think!

S

SENSI P

im typing this and then im dumping out the res. just read your info mr. smokey and your help is much appreciated thank you again and i will be sure to follow your instruction to the T thankyou for your time.

Seamaiden

Seamaiden

Living dead girl
thanks guys, ya i knew going into it AN was much stronger so i used alot less, and when i woke up this morning it looked like all the cloudiness had fell to the bottom of the res and gathered together in globs so i agitated it and the res. had come back to its original cloudy form the plants have already got several feedings from it and look fine, but it was just a little weird, mellowkitty please see what he says and ask him if he would recomend changing the res. thankyou for all of your feedback.
Ok then definitely you've caused something to precipitate out. "Mixing" the precipitate won't make it available, I think you've broken your feed. Like a broken sauce, except it doesn't taste as good. I wouldn't wait, I would change the reservoir and take more care when adjusting pH.

You alway's need to dilute PH products with water before you put into a rez. I recomend 10 parts water to 1 part PH up or down.
If you dump PH solution straight into the res without diluting it, most likely you will have nutrient fallout. Which is what you have, when a res get's cloudy from adding nutes and PH, you messed up. You need to dump the res, start with fresh water filled half way, dump part A, fill up with more water, dump part B in, fill with more water. Then you can put your other nutes in. After all that is mixed up well and settled you can now ad you PH solution slowly.
You need to dilute it, then ad the PH solution VERY SLOW, it should take you about a hour to adjust it properly. You need to put the PH solution in steps, put a little bit in, mix well, wait and do again.
A cloudy res is a Nurient Fallout and is garbage. The main step in this is diluting PH and putting it in the res slowly.
This.

S

SENSI P

Ya i followed smokey's instructions and it worked just fine, i did have to do it twice though, long story and i was very"tired", but anyway i got it done and everything is good now i cant thankyou all enough this site really comes through when help is needed at that my friends is a great thing.

M

mellokitty

so this is pretty much to a T what hubby told me, sorry about the delay, we had a late night.

Smokey503ski

Smokey503ski

No problem guy's. I really like to help people out as much as possible. I sure wish the internet was around back when I first had the same problem.
This site is by far the best site there is when it come's to getting proper info and learning NOT what to do.

M

Mmmmasonite

A good way to change your ph naturally is to use Fulvic acid(Mad Farmer N.U.T.S.) for down and silica(Silica Blast) for up.......Peace

D

Dais

So is having Undercover sales reps on these forums a pretty common practice?:evilgrin0040:

Seamaiden

Seamaiden

Living dead girl
Oh for Christ's sake, what is he trying to sell? You saw a thread and then, what? Seriously? Leave the guy alone. He was accused of being an H&G sales rep, but honestly, why can't he just be taken at face value, as a guy who loves this line? I know a lot of people who fucking LOVE this line. So??? Why can't they love it?

Did you notice that you posted this right AFTER he posted up about using another manu's product (Silica Blast)?? Hint: It ain't made by H&G.

For Christ's sake.

M

Mmmmasonite

Hey ....Thanx Seamaiden......Appreciate it.......Yes ...I do love H&G but I also love AN, Mad Farmer, Botanicare, Great White....and anything else that I throw in my mixture....Been doin this a while.....I want to help people with what I know works....I know many of the best growers here in S.D.....and have personally helped them in the past.......I love the growing community.......Just wanna spread a little love and knowledge.....Those who choose to post negative stuff about me....You still can't stop the positive info and the help I give people.....Get your mind right.......Peace

Seamaiden

Seamaiden

Living dead girl
At this particular moment it looks as though Dais has joined the farm for NO OTHER REASON except to chase you around every thread you've posted in to accuse of working for someone (good fucking Christ, a job? Really? Fuck me!) and having an agenda. Methinks he doth protest too much, and my own patience for this sort of thing has worn thin. I call that kind of crap "board pollution" and Dais is doing it.

Contribute something or shut the fuck up, Dais.

M

Mmmmasonite

At this particular moment it looks as though Dais has joined the farm for NO OTHER REASON except to chase you around every thread you've posted in to accuse of working for someone (good fucking Christ, a job? Really? Fuck me!) and having an agenda. Methinks he doth protest too much, and my own patience for this sort of thing has worn thin. I call that kind of crap "board pollution" and Dais is doing it.

Contribute something or shut the fuck up, Dais.

Well said my friend......We are all here to help knowledge grow.......Help us or stay off the forums.......Peace

Seamaiden

Seamaiden

Living dead girl
Edited for a friend. I hope he's worth it, my friend.

Latest posts

Top Bottom