Wtfing

• Thread starter ccWTF
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
ccWTF

ccWTF

Horticultural Discovery???

Several weeks ago, in order to sex my plants i took cuts from all my plants and threw them into a 12/12 light tight box. I wasnt able to find out the sex, probably because the mothers were too young a the time. Anyway those clones i put back into veg and they seem to be showing monster crop effects. Much bushier than their mother plant.

Toaster79

Toaster79

20150128 130133

This is a cut which has been put in flower as soon as it rooted. Stretched from 2 to 9".
It's been taken out of flowering room 2-3 weeks later (can't remember exactly) and put under a 18W CFL in my kitchen where it's been sitting for about 3 months. No growth was to be seen.

Put back in veg for a week:

20150210 233200

Keep it green!

ccWTF

ccWTF

I think this is a very interesting and undocumented phenomenon. Its probably not very useful for most growers, because of the extra time and steps involved.
I wonder if the clones from that show the same vigor?
Maybe a great method for producing a mother plant.

germinator

germinator

That looks exactly like my reveggers....very cool. I do take flower clones all the time. Two weeks into flower, they are awesome bigger yields far more vigor from the get. I dig experimenting and finding tricks. Thanks for sharing

ccWTF

ccWTF

What Germinater has done has been documented as "Monster Cropping". Its a great technique for cloning. Taking cuts from a flowering mother and re-vegging the cuts. Many growers use this technique effectively.

What Toaster and I have done is slightly different. That is taking cuts from a young vegging plant and rooting them in a 12/12 photoperiod for a short time, then putting them back in 18/6 where they show this same effect as if they were taken from a flowering mother.

Last edited:
Herb Forester

Herb Forester

You guys might like this little joke experiment I did recently. The bud was about the size of a small lemon and it broke off accidentally around week 5ish. First pics are ~6wks of 24hrs at low light, then the second pics are a week after putting it under cmh. I'll grab another shot, it's turning into Superplant now.

IMG 4655 IMG 4654

IMG 4687 IMG 4686

ShroomKing

ShroomKing

Best of luck. Peace
Ha learn something new everyday.big ups . That's pretty cool,how much longer does this technique take to get roots as with 18/6 lights.
STR8
4-5 weeks longer in my experience, not counting mom's life span pre cloning. A cloned flower takes awhile to reset to veg. Peace

str8smokn

str8smokn

@ShroomKing ok your talking about taking clone from a flowering mom,do they end up being just as vigorously as what @ccWTF is showing?He was talking about cloning from a veg mom and put clones under a 12/12light from start to get roots then change back to veg light18/6 for the rest of vegging.either way thanks for the info shroomking.how many plants in pic, is that the mothers or the clones grown up?

ShroomKing

ShroomKing

Best of luck. Peace
@ShroomKing ok your talking about taking clone from a flowering mom,do they end up being just as vigorously as what @ccWTF is showing?He was talking about cloning from a veg mom and put clones under a 12/12light from start to get roots then change back to veg light18/6 for the rest of vegging.either way thanks for the info shroomking.how many plants in pic, is that the mothers or the clones grown up?
4 plants in the pic. All clones. 2 of them in 15g,and 2 in 5g under 600w. The 15g were monster cropped Clones from flowering plants.

str8smokn

str8smokn

@Herb Forester so does the bud just rott and the plant continues growing? Does that make the plant prone to bud rott now? Sorry for dumb questions ,still trying to learn something new.
That plant looks tight with the bud at bottom middle. You should enter into pic of month. It's a little odd to someone who hasn't seen before.
STR8

Herb Forester

Herb Forester

Yeah you see the beginning of rot on that one pic. My friend pruned it all off not long after to avoid problems. I've started other flowering clones but never a bud that big, just wanted to see what it would do. Wilma has strong genes and is a vigorous brancher.

A

autogrow101

IMG 9798
IMG 9796
Like the Monster Clone idea so I tried it. Here are a couple pics.
Here are a couple I'm working on:
Trying to take advantage of most all of the grow
IMG 9798

Here is the same #1 plant before any training was started:

Top Bottom