Wyoming troopers: Colorado Springs man had 68 pounds of dried pot in car

• Thread starter Green Mopho
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
Green Mopho

Green Mopho

http://www.denverpost.com/news/marijuana/ci_17924227?source=rss

A Colorado Springs man was arrested in Wyoming over the weekend after Wyoming Highway Patrol officers said they found five duffel bags filled with 68 pounds of dried marijuana in his car.

Ian Knoop, 20, of Colorado Springs was driving eastbound Saturday afternoon on Interstate 80 on his way from the San Francisco area to an undisclosed location in Colorado Springs, according to a release from the WHP.

A trooper pulled him over about 20 miles east of Elk Mountain in Carbon County for following too close.

The trooper became suspicious, and a drug dog was brought in. The dog got a positive, and officers who searched the car found 3 large duffel bags in the trunk and 2 large duffles in the back seat.

In the bags were 59 vacuum-sealed bags of dried marijuana, officers said. The marijuana weighed 68 pounds and an approximate street value of $408,000.

Knoop was charged with felony possession of a controlled substance with intent to deliver.

Green Mopho

Green Mopho

Another idiot bringing in weed. And the cops still can't figure out street prices...

$408,000 ÷ 68 pounds = $6,000 per pound....for Cali weed?

jagle

jagle

Another idiot bringing in weed. And the cops still can't figure out street prices...

$408,000 ÷ 68 pounds = $6,000 per pound....for Cali weed?

375 an ounce, man thats more id expect to pay, and our weed is hella expensive

Tripsick

Tripsick

Cops sell it by the .25 gram when telling the media the current price.

Bud Spleefman

Bud Spleefman

Premium Member
Supporter
Hopefully those Cops will participate in the "Price of a Pound in Colorado" thread so we can learn where they are paying 6K a lb! :)

D

DoobyScoo

Maybe they are "Getting" 6K?

Julian: I think I can get us some dope, man.
Ricky: Where the fuck are you gonna get dope?
[Ricky walks up to a cop with a drug dog in a parking garage]
Ricky: How's it goin'? You guys got a package for Cory and Trevor Lahey?
[Another cop walks up, Ricky gives him money, the cop with the dog takes a big bag of pot out from under the dog's harness and hands it to Ricky]
Ricky: Fuck, I hate buying dope from cops, man. They way over-charge every time. It doesn't even feel like a pound.
TPB, Season Three, Ep. 5, Closer to the Heart.

GreenThumbBill

GreenThumbBill

Moron was tailgating with 60 pounds in his car. WTF. I'm surprised with their conservative estimate on value. Usually pigs like to be in the millions when this much weight confiscated. Every time I read about a bust in a non medical state like texass or florida they always estimate each plant worth 10k.

Also, if he had 59 bags then he had 59 pounds. The stupid pigs are counting the weight of the turkey bags. I wish they would of stated which dispensary it was going to.

S

SoCoMMJ

Was he even following too close? You have to wonder how many cars with CO or CA plates get profiled on their trips across I 80.

Seems like they bust a lot of them headed out of Sterling in NE Colorado too.

Sucks that anybody has to go to prison for a plant. Wish they would end this retarded prohibition.

GreenThumbBill

GreenThumbBill

OH NO! Just as I thought. This kid is way too pretty for prison. Poor lil guy...

Vern Schillinger l
M

mrdizzle

kids got heart, keeping a duffel in the back seat isnt my taste haha

sounds bad but I bet he doesnt do any serious time at all

M

Mr Dank

he will either do time or pay out the a$$ in Wyoming. He was most likely a mule. I wonder if whoever he was driving this for will help him with his legal fees? or since somebody just lost $120,000, will the kid be shit out of luck?

if it was for a dispensary, it makes sense. Also makes sense that the news article mentioned it was going to an undisclosed location. If it were for him and going to his house, I doubt it would mention that

also makes sense that dispensary's are stocking up since starting this summer they have account for EVERYTHING from clone to roach. Also since many Cali transplants out here have full running farms in Cali to keep their shelves stocked....it makes sense

S

Shady Acres

"Also, if he had 59 bags then he had 59 pounds. "

lol not necessarily

E

EuDiesel

"Also, if he had 59 bags then he had 59 pounds. "

lol not necessarily

I think what he was getting to was the extra weight was from the turkey bags (they weigh the whole thing). Hell, it might even account for the duffel bags too.

Top Bottom