xfering from veg

• Thread starter growgrow
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
G

growgrow

Hey guys.....
Vegged 2 weeks in storage bins and ready to go into the UC.... the problem is that the ladies are currently in 4 inch netpots with 15 inch roots dropping into the water below. I need to xfer into 8 inch netpots with hydroten. I'm debating weather to cut roots that are too long and place the entire 4 inch into the 8 inch or????? i'm not sure what to do. Please see pics below and throw out some advise... thanks...

Xfering from veg
Xfering from veg 2
Xfering from veg 3
desertsquirrel

desertsquirrel

best bet is to cut the 4 inch baskets apart and leave the roots in tack.

if that isn't possible put the 4 inch in the 8 inch, but the net pot can strangle the 4 inch root system.

hope that helps.

desertsquirrel

desertsquirrel

try not to cut the roots unless its a small prune.

G

growgrow

Thanks DS. your advice is much appreciated... I decided to keep them in the 4 in np's and pulled the roots through the bottom of 8inchers. I compared the size of holes in the 4 in vs siz in 8 in. they looked about the same.... I did a test though on one of em to see the diff.... How far do you put the water level from the rockwool/rapid rooters when your xfering from veg into flower room when the big roots are submerged in the new UC water? (reason is that some of the bigger girls are slouching just after a few hrs in the system) SO i TOPFED

Latest posts

Top Bottom