XGC, master light controller and voltage

• Thread starter vonwolfen
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
vonwolfen

vonwolfen

Ok so here is my problem
I have a CAP XGC-1e box w/fuzzy logic, I have a CAP master controller box(with 8 plugs), I have 4x1000 watt ballast. The Box w/ fuzzy logic, and the master controller are 120volts. The ballasts are 220volt(2 of them are, 2 are nextgen and run at anything 90-260volt).
Question.. if I plug the ballasts into the controller, and the controller into the XGC then how do the ballasts get the 220 volts..

after reading a thread(Buba) I am now under the belief I need to rewire the XGC and the master controller...right?

L

Lost

Your CAP controller needs to run at 22o or 110 volts. It cannot do both at once. I got the mcl4 for 110 and the mlc8 for the 220..

vonwolfen

vonwolfen

rewire

Your CAP controller needs to run at 22o or 110 volts. It cannot do both at once. I got the mcl4 for 110 and the mlc8 for the 220..

Ok so I need to rewire the mcl8 and XGC to 220 in order to run the ballasts running at 220...or else buy a fire extinguisher...right...

if so do I just get a 220volt cord and switch them out(with the help of someone not scared of electricity)...?

vonwolfen

vonwolfen

I talked to the people at CAP(tech support) and they told me that as long as the Master Lighting controller is plugged to a 240 socket then all the trigger cords should stay at 120..So I don't need to rewire anything...thanks for the help. I do truly appreciate anyone that is willing to lend a hand, and use their time to help me(or anyone else)...Thanks

J

jrlutor

the xgc 1e would run at 120 volts, the timed light output receptacle would be used to plug in the MLC 8 in. the MLC 8 has a 120 volt timer trigger. The MLC 8 Box would be wired for 220 volts. I had my electrician run another 120 run into box and had one receptacle and relay rewired to run 120 out and turn on and off some CFL lights also.

Latest posts

Top Bottom