XJ-13
Hydroton
4 by 4
1000k hps
Clone only
Strain Found in Nor Cal
light rail light mover
Lucus formula.....organic FloraNova Bloom
Tested: glass bong with bee-line to light no butane.

XJ-13

The buds early on in flowering started to develop a tacky coating of healthy trichromes. I was shocked to be honest at the appearance of the weed just a few weeks into flowering. Large fingered buds were swelling up rapidly and were becoming covered in a frosty winter sheen of sticky resin glands. I knew early on that serious sticky crystals were definitely a hallmark of this particular bay area (Northern Cali)hybrid. The tri chromes are very large and their color was easy to see with just the naked eye. I could clearly see the glands turn from a crystal clear in the beginning, to an opaque milky hue to a darkening burnt amber color towards to end of the grow cycle. It was amazing to see!

The structure of the buds looks a lot like classic Sensi seeds Jack Herer to me. Great bud to leaf ratio. Not a lot of trimming to reach a professional manicured state, as I have seen plenty of strains that are much, much leafier and require a lot more trimming. Big fat buds formed and you can easily top the plants to grow out 4 big colas that will need support. The plant grows up rather than out, you can train it easily and suppercrop late into flower if needed.

An even canopy can easily be achieved with this strain! With an even canopy and an hps buzzing the plants on a light mover you are gold. If you are reading this and you don’t have a light rail with a light mover, I urge you to not only consider the immediate purchase of one, I would also consider this perhaps the single most important addition to you grow op that you can make….bar none……end of story……imho…..we all know more light = more growth=more bud,=more crystals=more density…………the light mover lets you get very, very close to the buds without burning them and they just sweat out the resin!!!!

At first right after harvest the buds were a vibrant hue of green that has faded over the past three weeks of curing to now reveal a much different appearance. The pistols have darkened to a deep orange/amber/reddish color. The green is still there but it is very light in terms of is former vibrancy, the greens are moving to a bluer or violet end of the color spectrum. I am not saying the weed is purple in color mind you, just moving from a dark green to a faded bluish greenish tone. After the cure so far the buds have a lighter silver frost as opposed to the winter frost that was seen right after harvest. The trichromes are curing nicely!

As just mentioned winter frost is now a silver frost with glands everywhere upon close inspection, standing up proud, like an army of silent pillars, each straining like mighty Atlas, struggling to hold up their heavy balls of resin, their only duty in life. Those glands will serve my brain well once cooked into a vapor…..oh they already are….back on track….

Really great bag, jar, and eye appeal. The weed looks killer and you realize from first glance, before even smoking it, that it is the diggity. It looks kinda crazy and people react with strong words such as, “holy crap”, “jesus Christ”, and even “shit”. As we all know the mighty power of the trichrome to get people excited! This hybrid has really crazy resin production! Hard to beat, I guess the new Alien stuff that is coming out might be frostier…….

Dominant smell of bud

At first the bud had what would be described as possessing a fruity sweet tone. The fruitiness was not one of berries however, it was a different kind of fruitiness. Hard to pinpoint, with floral tones. There was a sweet tone as well to the weed, a very pleasant sweet tone perhaps from the skunk used in the original Jack Herer cross.

I would not call this hashy, dank roadkilly, chemmy or super lemony. This to me is a Jack Herer leaning pheno. Jack , like Trainwreck or OG Kush, has a of one of a kind smell that is unmistakable after being tasted for the first time. It is grounded in a piney sweetness. Jack always tastes profoundly good!!! Classic Jack Herer smoke is pine spice sweet smelling and thick to taste….. so is the XJ-13. I believe the G-13 adds some punch I guess in terms of potency, to an already potent smoke, and perhaps grounds (due to its indica make-up), just a touch the soaring high of the JH.

After three weeks of curing and with a few more to come, the tones and nose of the bud are much, much different than right after harvest. There is now an earthier, muskier, nose. The fruity notes have given way to a much duller, pine smell. I would describe it as a distant pine with sweet undertones. This is not like a trainwreck (in your face) pine sol but, more like I said, a distant pine smell, now with earthy and slight bitter citrus. More spice now and less sweet fruit……..a complex array of odors……

Associated smells of bud : see above

Harsh/smoothness (1 harsh 10 smooth)
This stuff after curing is a nine in terms of smoothness. I flushed for week and used FloraNova bloom ala Lucas. This stuff responded! No real need for additives even!

The smoke is as smooth as smoke gets for the most part. The nose (a wine term meaning the smell of something) translates very well to the palate or to the finish. Simply put, what you see and smell is what you taste when you smoke it.

You can clearly taste the Jack Herer dominance in terms of the flavor of this smoke. This has defiantly been preserved by this particular cross. G-13 as we all know is not the best weed in terms of its flavor so if this strain was indeed created by crossing G-13 and Jack Herer, the Jack would do a lot for the flavor! G-13 or not, the Jack comes through 100%....

cough factor? : yes/no
mild to med lung expansion, not super lung expansion, depends on the smoker as well and how you are smoking it….My stuff produces a pretty thick smoke as one could imagine by looking at the pictures of those glands, so most people do cough a lot when taking large toke from my glass bong. The smoke is very smooth, tastes amazing, it is very thick with a sticky unmistakable Jack Herer taste/flavor.

BUZZ

A very strong, clear sativa driven high. I obviously feel high as opposed to just stoned and couchlocked. Like any strong weed however, if you sit there and take bong hit after bong hit you will reach a saturation point and the weed can feel heavy, creating a more stoned, locked down, heavy feel, but this is really caused from smoking too much. This XJ weed seems to make the mind race a bit and conversations can flow about subject matters that seems to be rather unimportant and trivial.

Overall a great daytime, wake and bake sativa driven hybrid with great potency for 90% of all smokers. It makes me want to get up and do something!

The weed hits you fast and strong right between the eyes, which you feel turning red right awy as you cough……then after you recover and enjoy the taste the strong sativa, clean, clear, energetic high kicks in. One friend reported smoking some after a long day and wanting to go to bed, however, after smoking he said his mind raced and he was unable to sleep instead staying up way late into the night! Kinda funny to me…

Burn...

how does the weed burn...This weed, because I grew it, burns clean, into a soft gray ash! Simply lighting it with the end of some bee-line gets it going and it burns easily across the bowl, leaving no blackend charred ember. Dont ever discuss the taste of weed if you are using a butane lighter! You know its true farmers! Get off the butane! Lets all do it now. Taste the weed, free you lungs from flints and harmful fumes. Long term effects from butane suck anyway! Any weed you smoke should burn into a grayish ash if organic nutes were used. If it burns black and tarry, well its just kinda nasty in most, but not all cases. Chem strains taste better with chem ferts for example....but not Jack....and not XJ-13.

70-80% head

20-25% body

Potency : (1 weak 10 potent)
I live in the bay area and have the strongest tolerance for weed of any farmer on this site. I am not kidding. It is sad that I hold this crown as no one should have to deal with my tolerance for most strains. I am not one to judge potency as weed just does not affect me like it does others. This stuff is about an 8 overall I would guess. It is very, very strong smoke for most people and the effects last for several hours I am sure. The smoke rushes right to the eyes as mention earlier, which become very red from just one big bong hit. After you are done coughing you are high as shit and happy……not creeper in terms of the high, hits you fast and hard.

Duration : (approx length of buzz, from first hit)
several hours for most smokers…..if you are like me and you smoke all the time, it simply doesn’t not matter what or whose smoke you are hitting or how much, you just don’t stay high. Time to take a short break I guess. Always smoke in moderation for best effects. If you had no tolerance for weed this stuff might scare the hell out of you and make your heart race.

Conclusion

Yes, fully realized by an expert grower (which I am not and I want to make that very clear, although this batch came out great) XJ-13 is great smoke. I can say that I am shocked at how good this was, as this strain was grown out on a whim. This would be top shelf medicine in any bay area club!

I am running it again. It does have mass commercial appeal for growers, yet produces an abundant amount of a killer headstash of high grade sativa. It would be hard to find stickier weed, maybe some crazy white hash plant or some alien stuff as we have seen pictures of on the farm Although I would never compare this to some true dank fire, this stuff is killer to smoke when you are tired of your kushes, chems, and purples…….the taste of good Jack Herer is stunning, memorable, award winning and simply fantastic!

If you like Jack Herer, chances are you will love XJ-13 if grown out by a skilled grower! I will try and take then post a few more pictures this weekend..

Xj 13
Xj 13 2
Xj 13 3
Xj 13 4
Xj 13 5
saldiado

saldiado

yup looks dank as fuck bro. good report had me reading it the whole way, And great pictures definitely looks like some fire. I had some jack herer from medithrive in the mission, and it was very similar to what you described

E

entrails

Saldiado I have also had the exact same Jack from Medithrive! This bomb is just as good if not better. This would sell as top shelf from Medithrive as well.....I wonder if what they had was really XJ-13 just called Jack Herer?????? This stuff seems a little different than what I remember so I believe that was a real J-1 cut they had from that grower...although xj-13 is hitting the bay area hard right now...this stuff is frostier than what they had......and I believe better, but hey I grew it.

Im off to work ill clean up my post above and make it read better after work tonight...thanks for checking out my smoke/grow report

HeLLMuTT

HeLLMuTT

Thinks of Stinks
Supporter
Saldiado I have also had the exact same Jack from Medithrive!

Me2! lol, up on Mission in SF yeah? I like that spot, only get to go every once and a while being in SJ.

Nice very described report on the XJ-13 I really like this cross. It's like a juiced up Jack! Got the classic taste, gets the resin and punch from the G-13. We have it at the dispensary I work at and it looks just like your pics! Makes me wonder if you vended any in the south bay. :)

I enjoy smoking this stuff a whole lot. It is the perfect daytime/take a walk/run errands type herb.

Just like entrails said: If you like Jack you'll most likely love this.

Dude I totally forgot to respond to that last pm ya sent. Thanks for that info. I agree about Harborside and moldy clones, they've had consistent problems.

meangreenmartian

meangreenmartian

amazing looking nugs man, and the trich's look so damn healthy. RIP Jack, you will be missed.

D

Dubwobble

Excellent smoke report, great detailed descriptions!

The bud looks super diggity dank. I agree with you that it appears Jack dominant. It looks similar to the J1. That strain also does that bubbly looking calxy'd thing that yours did. Outrageous bag appeal.

Nice work !

C

CanadianClassic

Very very frosty man,Good job,might have to grow that out myself one day!

Goodluck with the ladies!!!

GET MO

GET MO

Supporter
nice report yo, the xj13 i did from blue sky turned out to have a vanilla pine smell, had my girl laughin uncontrolably, ima try n get this cut again for an indo run... finishes kina early outdoors.

greenthumbdanny

greenthumbdanny

Premium Member
Supporter
Nice report brother>>but, your not supposed to write up your own smoke reports are ya:giggle

I have always given my product out for somebody else to report on:)

gtd

AllDay

AllDay

Weeks flowering

How many weeks did you take these girls, Entrail? Anyone else grow this plant and have a suggestion?

A

AliasAO

Nice buds Entrails, looks like some fire.

Ive just currently got my first batch of XJ-13 implanted in my space. [been in Veg for a about a week] When I bought the clones I was told there flower time was 9 weeks.

Id like to know how long you let your XJ-13 Veg for? And How long you let it Flower for?

I also noticed you didnt mention in your post if you topped any of them off before flowering? Im thinking of doing it 10-15 days before Flowering but I know some strains dont do to well when you top them off so Id like to get a few opinions.

I live in the bay as well. id appreciate any kind of feedback. Ive got 10 w/1000 HPS, tent controlled and Id like to let them grow to their Full potential.thanx in advance.

POST #1-- HELLLLLO to ALLLLLLLL

K

kr0n1x

Definitely looks like something I'd like to add to my list. Props

Top Bottom