Xxx og

• Thread starter Akbar
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
A

Akbar

Hi guys,

First off, thank you for letting me read all the great info I've read here on growing the OG's. I think I'm ready to take a good shot at her. This isn't my first grow but it's my first in dwc but I've been practicing with my now mother and even picked up cloning along the way! My system is in my profile, for the most part. I got everything that Swerve said he uses and have had EXCELLENT results. Great, green, lush, soft leaves with incredible growth, even under CFL's! Under the 600w they're just hitting the water now but I'm expecting a jump very soon.

Sorry there aren't any pics yet. I promise they'll be coming but I'm honestly really bad at adding them. I usually update from my phone and I can't add pics. I WILL however add them when there's something awesome, but there isn't anything spectacular yet.

A

Akbar

Quick update folks. Mom is huge! Leaves are almost the size of my hand and a nice lush green. The toes are growing nicely and the tote that was topped has recovered very nicely. Rootball is massive and exploded with growth when I started using hygrozyme. This stuff is LEGIT! Buy it, please, for your own damn sake! The only problem I've had isn't really a problem at all. I've seen some white foam looking stuff dripping off the bottom of a couple netpots and floating in the rez. I've read this is due to the hygrozyme breaking down all the bad bacteria and algae and whatnot. We'll see if this is really the case since it looks odd to me, but hey, wadayagunnado, eh?!

Question for y'all, if you don't mind. Does anyone has any sort of familiarity with the XXX OG cut? Reviewssay it's an awesome indica, as I've experienced as well, but I can't find records of many growing her. Given this, I'm growing her like a regular OG Kush.

A

Akbar

Update to the above. That foam isn't ok. I went back in the Rez and it smelled sorta bad. So I did what any good dad would do and I took the girls out, got the snot off their netpots, cleaned the rez, the air line, the air stones, everything! I also added a layer of heavy duty foil to the top of the res and am making some covers for the netpots as well. I did this to tote B which has smaller plants in there and they seemed to be affected by the snot. The other tote has the same issue but the girls in there are a great shade of deep soft green and are growing really well. I'm going to do the same to this tote tonight.

A

Akbar

Thanks for stopping by, SkyHi! Great question! I picked the clone up from a "higher end" clinic here in the oc. I say "higher end" only because they have excellent genetics, a SOLID clone room, and all the goodies you could think of. Plus they have THE Bullrider, which is one awesome strain! Back to the cut, it was I. A non-descript grodan cube and only said "xxx og" on the wrapper. That's all. I hope that helps. Even more I hope this strain actually has some of the solid og chemmy smell and taste. Good lord I'm a sucker for that stink!

S

SkyHi

Look in the photo section for a post by me call 75 day xxx chem, maybe same cut

A

Akbar

Daaaaamn! SkyHi is doin it proper! Great job buddy! Now the cut you referenced does look like a plant I've grown, Chemdog, but the girls I have now are much more indica looking. Hand sized fat ass deep green and soft leafs, multiple colas, very bushy. Don't get me wrong now, what you have going is BEAUTIFUL amd if I ever hit the bay area, Ima go PMing up a storm to try that stuff! Lol!

Quick update - afte changing both rez's and cleaning everything and adding foil and ghetto-fab net pot covers, were looking great! Not a hint of blooming algae anywhere! Woo Hoo! I gotta again drop some credit to hygrozyme, althogh there was some residual algae on the roots and in the hydroton, three days and it's a beautiful forest of shinny white, hairy roots! Love it!

Yo SkyHi, what's your setup? Nutes, additives, supliments?

S

SkyHi

Get some pics up!!!

Well i usually us General hydroponics, but that perticular plant was grown in FFOF with only water though out veg and then in flower i used mother earth tea and some koolbloom

A

Akbar

Gotta love those soil grows! I know, I know, I gotta get some pics up. I promise I will, sometime soon. I usually update from work and I can't figure out how to get pics from the iPhone to the boards. I do have some good pics though. Everything is vegging nicely, mom is eating almost a gallon a day, tote a has exploded into the water and tote b is almost there! I love dwc! By far my favorite growing style. I did soil for a while, got one good harvest, killed a few good ones and harvested a few runts. Once I tried dwc though, I decided to keep the soil outdoors! It's safer that way, I'm a plant killer in soil!

A

Akbar

Ok fellas, I put mom in the tent with her 7 kids and hot DAMN! I tied her down a little bit to even out the canopy and now the tent is almost full. I love dwc! Mom is drinking about a gallon a day and the wife and I counted around 40 tops on just her! Tote a has around 5 colas per plant and tote b got topped last night. Looks like were gunna flower after another 8 or so inces of growth, so about two weeks! Woo hoo!

A

Akbar

Here are some pics. This is the XXX cut and it's a very strong plant. These are all on the 15th when I flipped the switch. The one on it's own is the mom, she's my first dwc plant ever. I just started a good flower regimin that will have bi-weekly increases in Koolbloom and Bud Candy. Right now I'm running the following ml/gallon:
5 micro
10 bloom
5 koolbloom
5 bud candy
5 cal-mag
5 hygrozyme (except for mom who gets about 2 everytime I fill her up cuz that shits expensive and she goes through a gallon a day plus!

Any thoughts guys?????

Totesbeforeflower
Tentdayofswitch
Bucketbeforeflower
A

Akbar

Well folks, Friday is the day! I had to get a 4x8x7 tent and a new 600w because they got so big. I didn't imagine they'd get so huge! Anyway, in the tent we have a 600 over the mother and another 600 over the two totes. I've been flushing for a week with straight R/O water. Fan leaves are losing all their color and are almost all yellow. The trichs are visible and have visible heads. Looks like we're almost all cloudy and some amber. Giving them another 3 days to ripen up, total of 10 weeks flower. This has been wonderful! I love dwc! I'll follow with harvest pics, as promised, after they're all down and hanging.

Top Bottom