yeast,sugar and a bubbler in the bucket..

• Thread starter bluejay
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
B

bluejay

I am always wanting to go the cheapest route for things but always want it to be scientificly sound so i have some ? for you guys...

I just set up a 5 gallon bucket with a 1/2 cup of yeast and 5 lbs of sugar. I am running a air hose in it with the theory that it will help evaporate the alcohol waste of the yeast.

5lbs of sugar a week would only cost about 3 dollars..

I am not using a stone on the end of the hose just so it can not clog up.The larger bubbles are keeping the foamy froth from forming so I know the co2 is pushed out fast..

I dont mind the smell of alcoholy bread..

Has anyone ever measured a room with this large of a setup in it.Granted time will show if it works but I just wanted some input.I am working with large volumes so it should put out fair amounts in my mind..

M

Malachi

No, but what I do is use a 3-gallon bucket with 8 cups of water, 2 cups of sugar, 4 tbls. baking soda and 3 packets yeast. I have an air hose running in with a bubbler and an air-line running out. The exiting air-hose is run through my oscolating fan that blows over my canopy. The air-pump and fan are on the same timer as my lights. I have a 4x4 tent and it is perfect for me.

R

Radio_Dread

i use 2, 2 liter soda bottles and put 1 tbl spoon of yeast, 1/4 cup sugar and 5-6 cups warm water, with the air hose running through the bottle cap and up above my plants. usually last 2 weeks. then repeat. oh and 5lb sugar is arund 5ish here for the cheap stuff.

B

bluejay

And with those small amounts of yeast you see a definite difference Radio??...The cheap stuff around here is 1.87 per 4lbs....

I was thinking of in the future even putting pvc up to the ceiling and aiming "jets over the canopy evenly with the air pumped into the bucket pushing out the co2 from the ceiling to fall over the plants...

Why go thru the hassel of paying to fill co2 tanks if you could just run a live culure ASSUMING you can put out a large enough amount to see a large difference..

R

Radio_Dread

well i dont know about a "large differnce" but it def is better than nothing and is really cheap and easy to put together

Latest posts

Top Bottom